Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   19th Century Cards & ALL Baseball Postcards- B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Wanted - 1908 Dietsche Postcards (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=250930)

timn1 02-04-2018 06:29 PM

Wanted - 1908 Dietsche Postcards

Hi all,

Brockelman had an intriguing group of the 1908 Dietsches in the auction that ended last night, and I wound up picking up 10 of them, so now I have to try to acquire as many as I can.

Anybody have any 1908 or 1909s available (other than Cobb)? I'm especially interested in the players that don't appear in 1907, but will consider any. (I don't need any of the 1907s themselves.)

Also always looking for my wants in these postcard sets:
Wolverine
HM Taylor
Detroit Free Press
Dietsche Cubs
Cleveland Souvenir Shop
Max Stein
Morgan Red Belt
etc.

Thanks-

Tim

wrapperguy 02-04-2018 10:01 PM

Diestsche

Tim,
That lot (plus a few) was mine originally and I consigned it to REA this fall and then they quickly made their way to Broeckleman. I wish I had known you wanted them. Glad to know they have a good home. My Dad started collecting them and I added to them as he got too old to collect any longer. Got a large group from Steve Murray here in Arlington Hts so your cards have some good lineage!
Jeff

insidethewrapper 02-05-2018 08:27 AM

There are 29 different ( if you include the Team Card ) between 1907-1909. The 1907 has 16, 1908 has 6 new players ( black names on front ) - Bush, McIntyre, Summers, Thomas, Willett and Winter. White names on front indicate they were in the 1907 issue also. Some come with no name on front with 1908 copyright. The 1909 series includes 6 new players, plus 1 Team card ( again in black name on front except Team Card) : Beckendorf, Delahanty, Tom Jones, Moriarty, Stanage and Works. Again some come with 1908 copyright but released in 1909. The Detroit Team Card may also be part of this set, nobody knows for sure. It does have "Tigers" listed on the front in "White letters". So it may be a stand alone. I would think black letters would be consistent with the set.

Jacklitsch 02-05-2018 09:35 AM

I have an 08 Summers if you need it. Glue stains on reverse. Otherwise ok. Also have a Donovan Wolverine and a Dietsche Cub Reulbach.
Steve

Hi Jeff.

timn1 02-05-2018 10:23 AM

Hi Jeff

Good to have that provenance! I am excited about the set because I believe I have discovered an uncataloged one... More to come.

Tim

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrapperguy (Post 1745141)
Tim,
That lot (plus a few) was mine originally and I consigned it to REA this fall and then they quickly made their way to Broeckleman. I wish I had known you wanted them. Glad to know they have a good home. My Dad started collecting them and I added to them as he got too old to collect any longer. Got a large group from Steve Murray here in Arlington Hts so your cards have some good lineage!
Jeff

insidethewrapper 02-05-2018 10:33 AM

oldcardboard.com has a checklist.

timn1 02-05-2018 10:39 AM

Hi Mike

Interesting that you say that some players are from one year but have a different copyright. I presume that's because of their service time - i.e. Beckendorf didn't play w/Detroit until 1909 yet his card is C@1908. I will be back in touch with a question or two when I get these in hand-

Best,
Tim

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidethewrapper (Post 1745188)
There are 29 different ( if you include the Team Card ) between 1907-1909. The 1907 has 16, 1908 has 6 new players ( black names on front ) - Bush, McIntyre, Summers, Thomas, Willett and Winter. White names on front indicate they were in the 1907 issue also. Some come with no name on front with 1908 copyright. The 1909 series includes 6 new players, plus 1 Team card ( again in black name on front except Team Card) : Beckendorf, Delahanty, Tom Jones, Moriarty, Stanage and Works. Again some come with 1908 copyright but released in 1909. The Detroit Team Card may also be part of this set, nobody knows for sure. It does have "Tigers" listed on the front in "White letters". So it may be a stand alone. I would think black letters would be consistent with the set.