Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   9.5 Corners 1993 SP BGS 9 Jeter (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=220061)

Psal3891 03-24-2016 10:51 PM

9.5 Corners 1993 SP BGS 9 Jeter

1 Attachment(s)
I bought this 3-4 years ago for $200 and was wondering what it sells for now. It has 9.5 corners which I do not see on any other bgs 9's. I've heard it puts somewhat of a premium on the price. I'm guessing $400-500 but I'm hoping for for more since I haven't seen one sold in years. Let me know what you think

ksabet 03-25-2016 08:12 AM

You did well...9's consistently get near or over $1,000 right now. At least I know PSA 9s do.

Rookiemonster 03-25-2016 08:21 AM

Ahhh yes the rare pre war foil Derek Jeter rookie .

pokerplyr80 03-25-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksabet (Post 1518946)
You did well...9's consistently get near or over $1,000 right now. At least I know PSA 9s do.

There is a big difference between a psa and BGS 9 on this card . Apparently they are hard to cross. I've thought about buying some with that intent as I'm sure others have.

I would say around 400 for this one.

rexvos 03-25-2016 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1519020)
There is a big difference between a psa and BGS 9 on this card . Apparently they are hard to cross. I've thought about buying some with that intent as I'm sure others have.

I would say around 400 for this one.

PSA 9 can get to upwards of $1500, BGS 9 closer to $300-400. Many have tried the crackout or cross over game with poor results. BGS 9 usually come back EOT or PSA 8.5 or does not meet minimum size requirements. Still a great card, just PSA is just notoriously tough on those, which gives them a price premium.

Psal3891 03-25-2016 02:03 PM

I'm aware psa 9's sell for significantly more than the bgs 9's. There was a Previous post on the 9.5 corners bgs 9s mentioning the rarity of it. If someone else can find a 9.5 corners bgs 9 I'd love to see it. Thanks for the quick response

bnorth 03-25-2016 02:59 PM

Where did you hear that 9.5 corners give it "somewhat" of a premium? If you are a member over on the BO forum you might get better responses because it is more geared to new shiny cards.

I hear a little McGuiars will fix that surface problem.;)

Psal3891 03-25-2016 03:17 PM

I tried signing up for blowout but for some reason the people on there really have something against me and I keep getting banned. All due to this card Pinnacle 97 Home Away Insert I posted. I posted on here as well but I don't think anyone noticed it. Go check it out on my other posts. Here is the link that I got the 9.5 corners info from.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...alue-help.html

bnorth 03-25-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1519124)
I tried signing up for blowout but for some reason the people on there really have something against me and I keep getting banned. All due to this card Pinnacle 97 Home Away Insert I posted. I posted on here as well but I don't think anyone noticed it. Go check it out on my other posts. Here is the link that I got the 9.5 corners info from.

That thread is 2 yrs old and prices change a lot in that time. Are you looking to sell or just wondering what it is worth now?

bnorth 03-25-2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1519124)

I would love to see some high resolution scans of the "Pinnacle" Jeter. From the pics in that thread it looks like a second generation picture of Jeter from the Score card because of the slightly more red tint and graininess of it.

Psal3891 03-25-2016 03:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not really looking to sell just looking for the price range on the 9.5 corners. I haven't seen one sold on eBay in quite awhile. I'd assume it would bring atleast $500. And I will gladly share more pictures of the Pinnacle card. What kind of pictures would you like ? It truly is an amazing card that's exactly what the image is from. I recently sent pictures of the Pinnacle card to psa to see if they would be able to grade it and they advised me they could not grade it because something like this has never been graded or even seen by them. I have emails as proof. Pinnacle once owned score which would make sense why they put that image on the one of a kind copy.

bnorth 03-25-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psal3891 (Post 1519145)
Not really looking to sell just looking for the price range on the 9.5 corners. I haven't seen one sold on eBay in quite awhile. I'd assume it would bring atleast $500. And I will gladly share more pictures of the Pinnacle card. What kind of pictures would you like ? It truly is an amazing card that's exactly what the image is from. I recently sent pictures of the Pinnacle card to psa to see if they would be able to grade it and they advised me they could not grade it because something like this has never been graded or even seen by them. I have emails as proof. Pinnacle once owned score which would make sense why they put that image on that one of a kind copy.

Sent you a PM

soxfan1986 04-03-2016 08:14 PM

I have owned and sold a good number of these cards.
Never heard of a corner premium. To be honest with this card it's the surface grade that is usually the most sought after if at all.

As far as value eBay is the best place to check. There are some listed with a buy it now price in the low $300's
And if you check sold listings the average sale of the same card with same grade is roughly $275. When he was on his retirement tour two years ago this card would have been closer to the $400 range but since he left his prices have fallen a good amount across the board.

Definitely a great card. Your best bet would be to try and cross over to psa. A psa 9 still goes right about $1000 range. Tough to cross, but worth the risk for tripling the value.