Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pricerealized.com Launches!!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=193715)

Price Realized 09-09-2014 12:56 PM

Pricerealized.com Launches!!!

Hello Net54Baseball Members

Pricerealized.com a news sports card and memorabilia auction price database has launched. With more than $1 billion in historical auction prices realized dating back more than 20 years our database is truly one of a kind. Please visit www.pricerealized.com to create a FREE account to check out the functionality of our database today.

Thanks

The PriceRealized Team

Drift 09-09-2014 01:29 PM

Nice service, tried signing up but have not received the email confirmation so I can start using it. Anyone else using it yet?

Drift 09-09-2014 01:32 PM

Being that i've used VCP in the past, how does this service differ?
Does the data cover more than the auction houses listed on your site? How about eBay sales?

Price Realized 09-09-2014 01:56 PM

Hi Drift

Im not sure if you are still waiting to receive your confirmation email but if your are please email me at contact@pricerealized.com so we can get your problem sorted out.

Regarding your second question, we differ from VCP in many ways but the biggest difference between us would be that our database contains results from both cards and memorabilia from auctions dating back to 1991 from auction houses both active and defunct.

If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks

Forever Young 09-09-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Price Realized (Post 1320236)
Hello Net54Baseball Members

Pricerealized.com a news sports card and memorabilia auction price database has launched. With more than $1 billion in historical auction prices realized dating back more than 20 years our database is truly one of a kind. Please visit www.pricerealized.com to create a FREE account to check out the functionality of our database today.

Thanks

The PriceRealized Team

Dear Price Realized,

Who runs this site? Can you please provide us with your actual contact info? A Free account to ck out functionality seems like there are rates to use it going forward. Can you please provide details here prior to us spending time giving you our info without any from you?
Not trying to be a turd.. it just typically works out that way(haha).. but I am wanting more info prior personally. I just think it is odd that there is no identity of any kind given.
It sounds like a nice service though if it was all free with no strings attached. :)

Ben Weingarten

Price Realized 09-09-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever Young (Post 1320269)
Dear Price Realized,

Who runs this site? Can you please provide us with your actual contact info? A Free account to ck out functionality seems like there are rates to use it going forward. Can you please provide details here prior to us spending time giving you our info without any from you?
Not trying to be a turd.. it just typically works out that way(haha).. but I am wanting more info prior personally. I just think it is odd that there is no identity of any kind given.
It sounds like a nice service though if it was all free with no strings attached. :)

Ben Weingarten

Hi Ben

My name is Jeremy Cypres and i am running the site with my father Gary Cypres. The about us section of the site has some more information. Regarding the subscription model, we are operating on a freemium model so you can sign up for free (never giving us any payment information) and view data from 2012/13/14. Feel free to email me at jcypres@pricerealized.com if you have any other questions.

Forever Young 09-09-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Price Realized (Post 1320277)
Hi Ben

My name is Jeremy Cypres and i am running the site with my father Gary Cypres. The about us section of the site has some more information. Regarding the subscription model, we are operating on a freemium model so you can sign up for free (never giving us any payment information) and view data from 2012/13/14. Feel free to email me at jcypres@pricerealized.com if you have any other questions.

Perfect.. Thanks Jeremy and good luck!

perezfan 09-09-2014 05:31 PM

The only thing that loads for me is your logo. The remainder of the page is blank :confused:

Sounds like a great service, though...

Price Realized 09-09-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1320330)
The only thing that loads for me is your logo. The remainder of the page is blank :confused:

Sounds like a great service, though...

Just sent you a private message.

1880nonsports 09-09-2014 07:56 PM

same for me

in past blank page now just logo page and no ability to follow any of the lower 4/5 links....

slidekellyslide 09-09-2014 08:46 PM

The free service seems to me like you're giving up the most valuable info for no charge. Outside of curiosity I'm not sure why anyone would care what a card, bat or photo sold for 20 years ago, but they can use the last three years of info to make decisions about buying and/or selling.

Mark 09-09-2014 09:06 PM

nice site

It's working just fine for me, except that I notice that I missed an item that I need from an auction last June. Impressed, but still a little bummed out.

perezfan 09-09-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1320422)
The free service seems to me like you're giving up the most valuable info for no charge. Outside of curiosity I'm not sure why anyone would care what a card, bat or photo sold for 20 years ago, but they can use the last three years of info to make decisions about buying and/or selling.

It will be a tremendous resource for me...

1. Will help me remember what I paid for something 15 - 20 years ago (so I know ultimately what to sell it for ;) )

2. Will help me to find auction items I vaguely remember, but have not been able to find via the typical Google search

3. Will help me to find items for which I can't recall which auction house originally featured them. Hopefully this search capability will help with that.

4. Eager to see if this service can resurrect Hunt's Internet/Phone auctions. Those results disappear off the face of the earth, after the auction has run. They simply are not searchable.

5. Even the Hunt Live Auction closed items are incredibly tough to find, because their website's search function is so antiquated. Don't even attempt to use 2 or more search words! If this service can make it easier to find items previously sold in Hunts, it will be well worth the time investment.

Now I just need to find a way to get the pages to load. I'm afraid my Browser is probably as outdated as Hunts' Website :(

Mark 09-09-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1320422)

There are lost of things that come along only once every five years or even once every decade.

slidekellyslide 09-09-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 1320448)
There are lost of things that come along only once every five years or even once every decade.

I won't argue with that....especially in regards to memorabilia. With regards to cards I believe they are traded more often, and are usually more plentiful. I'm not at all criticizing this service or cost, I just think the more useful service is being given away for free. I also believe that items that may come to market only once in a decade or so have no rules in regards to pricing so what something sold for 10 years ago really means nothing today.

slidekellyslide 09-09-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1320440)
It will be a tremendous resource for me...

1. Will help me remember what I paid for something 15 - 20 years ago (so I know ultimately what to sell it for ;) )

2. Will help me to find auction items I vaguely remember, but have not been able to find via the typical Google search

3. Will help me to find items for which I can't recall which auction house originally featured them. Hopefully this search capability will help with that.

4. Eager to see if this service can resurrect Hunt's Internet/Phone auctions. Those results disappear off the face of the earth, after the auction has run. They simply are not searchable.

5. Even the Hunt Live Auction closed items are incredibly tough to find, because their website's search function is so antiquated. Don't even attempt to use 2 or more search words! If this service can make it easier to find items previously sold in Hunts, it will be well worth the time investment.

Now I just need to find a way to get the pages to load. I'm afraid my Browser is probably as outdated as Hunts' Website :(

It's astounding to me that Hunt's has not gone to a more modern website..especially considering how they've grown in the 10-15(?) years since they started the website. I don't even use their site to try and find something in a past auction, I use google to try and track it down...much easier.

Not sure what browser you're using, but I recommend Google Chrome. Fast, easy and uncluttered.

Runscott 09-09-2014 10:38 PM

Regarding memorabilia, somehow, everyone who matters (involved in potential deals), almost always finds a way to locate the item's history....me included.

But this might make it even easier - I'll certainly give it a shot. But not sure I would pay for it as long as google still works.

Giants00 09-10-2014 03:23 PM

Great service

Jeremy,
Great site and I am in! It is a great start and you guys have done something which is really useful to folks like me who collect memorabilia. Thank you for your great job!
dan

bigfanNY 09-10-2014 10:39 PM

I was very surprised how small their database was IE that they did not track very many auction sites. I signed up for their free test of items auctioned off in last two years. I had been following a few items watching them sell at various auctions then keeping track on a spreadsheet. One example was W554's a number of them have sold this past year and I had kept track of sales. My search on PRICEREALIZED turned up 4 far less than half of the sales I tracked.
Not always the case but in a Database size matters. One day they may increase size of database and clean up interface but I don't pay for folks to work out their software issues with my money. It was and is a good concept.

Jonathan Sterling

Samets 09-11-2014 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 1320428)
It's working just fine for me, except that I notice that I missed an item that I need from an auction last June. Impressed, but still a little bummed out.

I found one too... From a small Canadian auction house...