Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Three surprises in SCD this week. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=154765)

buymycards 08-02-2012 03:20 PM

Three surprises in SCD this week.

Hi guys,
I was surprised by 3 things in the latest SCD. Maybe this is old news, but it is news to me.

1. A full page ad from ISA.

2. SGC is going to 1/2 grades for the lower end cards.

3. Ken Goldin has started www.goldinauctions. This is his new auction service and he is anticipating 1000 lots in his first auction.

I wish them all the greatest success in their new endeavors.

Rick

drc 08-02-2012 03:46 PM

Goldin has often talked about positives and negatives to his history (I sawn his late night home shopping television, used car salesman act), but I'm sure he has the ability to get nice stuff for his auction. He used to be memorabilia representatives for Shaquille O'Neal and Cal Ripken Jr, so sure he has connections.

I am agnostic about his auctions. Will judge them on their own merits.

cobblove 08-02-2012 03:54 PM

Was he the owner of the great "Score Board" Ken?
I got burned on a few Mantle autos that were Scoreboard authenticated. Complete fakes.

yanksfan09 08-02-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobblove (Post 1021437)
Was he the owner of the great "Score Board" Ken?
I got burned on a few Mantle autos that were Scoreboard authenticated. Complete fakes.

that was before the days of the matching holograms on cert and ball. They could have been reproduced COA's possibly or real COA's from a real ball that were then taken and used for a different fake ball. Just saying that they may not have issued the exact ball(s) and COA (s) together, i don't know....I bought some scoreboard stuff in the early 1990's I think out of a JC Penney catalog that were all legit quality balls....

kengoldin 08-07-2012 10:44 AM

Hello
I was informed of this web site at the national and told that it would be a good resource for my Auction company.
In responce to the above, I have worked with law enforcement in the past with regards to people who have illegally reprinted old score board certificates that were not security protected and used them to try to sell FAKE autographs. Most of these have the signature of my father Paul goldin as the facsimile on the cert. If you have old SB certs, look for my facsimile on the cert, and hold up to light and look for a water mark.
If anyone here ever has a question they may message me here with a picture of their item and the cert, or just ask a question.

The website is www.goldinauctions.com and YES, I have worked with every athlete in the industry from Joe Dimaggio and Mickey Mantle, to Ali, Ripken, Shaq, Aaron etc. I have paid out over $150 million directly to athletes over my career, so it certainly makes sense that the specialty of Goldin Auctions is going to be bringing athlete collections for auction.
Ken Goldin

acramos1 08-13-2012 03:54 PM

Any thoughts on ISA?

HRBAKER 08-13-2012 06:43 PM

.......and

4. They're still printing SCD

oldjudge 08-13-2012 09:00 PM

I thought you were going to say that they finally got rid of Coaches' Corner ads.