Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   on the way to Chantilly (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=134528)

bbcard1 03-18-2011 09:20 AM

on the way to Chantilly

Hoping to make some progress on my double plays.

Abravefan11 03-18-2011 04:09 PM

I'll be at the show tomorrow. I would be interested in hearing anyone's thoughts on the show that was there today.

Jewish-collector 03-18-2011 07:51 PM

I was at the show today. It seemed like there were a few less dealers than usual, but it seemed like a good, steady crowd throughout the day. I got a general sense that sales were a little slow. Hopefully, things will pick up tomorrow.

Alan

bbcard1 03-18-2011 07:52 PM

i thought dealers may have been a little light but quality of the show and mdse was real strong...found 10 from my wantlist!

ValKehl 03-18-2011 09:33 PM

Hi Tim - Hope all is well with you and yours. I thought the # of dealers & tables was about average for the Chantilly Show. One dealer, Piedmont something-or-another out of Phila., that I don't recall seeing at Chantilly before had a large display, with a heavy concentration of vintage photos that I thought were neat. And, Dan McKee has his usual array of scarce, vintage cards and other stuff that always gets me excited. Dan kindly brought a few rare items from his personal collection to show me - many thanks, Dan - I just wish you had chosen to collect Cobb or Ruth or anyone EXCEPT WaJo!!! :D Enjoyed meeting Wonkaticket - always great to put a face to a Net 54 name. Tim, I Hope you enjoy the show!
Best,
Val

Abravefan11 03-18-2011 09:57 PM

Hi Val - Sorry I'm going to miss you at the show but I appreciate you posting your thoughts. Sounds like another good show and I'm looking forward to seeing several board members and maybe even picking up a card or two. :)

MGHPro 03-18-2011 10:28 PM

Are there any dealers selling vintage gloves or bats?
Thanks
Matt

wonkaticket 03-19-2011 03:01 AM

Val,

It was great meeting you as well! I really enjoyed talking cards and thanks for the non-sports set it's a really neat set.

Hope to see you again soon in Oakes. Tim, sorry I was only there today sorry I missed you hopefully you will be in Oakes too.

And Dan if you are reading this you charged me too much. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

John

bbcard1 03-19-2011 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGHPro (Post 879492)
Are there any dealers selling vintage gloves or bats?
Thanks
Matt

I did see some but as I know little about it, I know little about bats or gloves...there was a pretty good selection of stuff.

cfc1909 03-19-2011 04:48 PM

just got home from Chantilly-had a great day with some of my friends. If anyone has a chance to go stop by Cy's & Dan's tables, they are right across from each other and some very nice cards with very fair prices.

I wanted to get Paytons auto for my son but just could not pull the trigger at 3 bills. That is ridiculous.

kcohen 03-19-2011 05:15 PM

ditto

I'll second Jim R.'s post. Dan and Cy have great stuff. Dan gave me a real nice deal on a beauty of piece that is probably the highlight of my collection.

If you attend tomorrow, go by and check out their stuff. Dan has a lot of very rare and interesting items.

Jim - It was good to see you. Didn't remember if you said you were going to the Oaks Show. If so I'll see you there as I'll be setting up.

cfc1909 03-19-2011 06:28 PM

Ken, I will be at Oaks and it was very cool hanging out with you today. Its nice to talk with friends like you that have been attending these shows and realize we have the same opinions/thoughts as we found out today.

Abravefan11 03-19-2011 07:11 PM

Had a great time at the show today and it was nice seeing several board members like Cy, Jim, and Dan. There seemed to be a good number of dealers and the crowds were strong as there were some big names on hand for autographs but not as much vintage (namely T206's) as in past shows.

It was a real pleasure hanging out and talking with Dan McKee who had a lot of great items, one of which was a tough Boston National type card that was my only purchase of the day. Thanks again Dan.

t206hound 03-19-2011 08:27 PM

Manning

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfc1909 (Post 879662)
I wanted to get Paytons auto for my son but just could not pull the trigger at 3 bills. That is ridiculous.

I agree... I was going to take my son to the show, but thankfully he had baseball practice and I didn't have to drop $300 plus the cost of a football to get an auto.

danmckee 03-21-2011 02:54 PM

That show was a lot of fun!! Thanks to everyone that stopped by the booth. A special thanks to John Wonkaticket for working with me Friday and Jim Rivera/Tim Caffey for working with me Saturday. It was my 1st time with a double booth and the extra help was greatly appreciated!

Dan Mckee

wonkaticket 03-21-2011 03:04 PM

Anytime Dan! Had a lot of fun. I heard Jim's kid took you over the coals on an ashtray I thought you were tough old guy...getting smacked around by a 12 year old. :)

Cheers,

John

danmckee 03-21-2011 03:32 PM

He chewed me up and spit me out and jim stood there and laughed!! It was amazing!

Jason 03-21-2011 06:05 PM

I agree not much in the way of T206 cards to chose from.Great show though.My son purchased his first T206 cards there so it was a special day.

Leon 03-21-2011 06:11 PM

very cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheT206Fiend (Post 880191)
I agree not much in the way of T206 cards to chose from.Great show though.My son purchased his first T206 cards there so it was a special day.

Always good to have more collectors, especially T206, since I don't collect them per se. :) Welcome to our board too, TheT206fiend.

Jason 03-21-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 880193)
Always good to have more collectors, especially T206, since I don't collect them per se. :) Welcome to our board too, TheT206fiend.

Thanks Leon.Looks like just the place i have been looking for to futher my collection.