Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   1950 to 1959 Baseball cards- B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   So what would you do? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=132763)

bbcard1 01-30-2011 12:19 PM

So what would you do?

I am tasked with disposing for a decent amount a lot of near sets running from early 50s to 1973. Lots of stars, however not many of the sets are really that close to completing. Lots of highs. Really nice grade. Few PSA graded...so what would you do to extrapolate a decent amount from them? Here's my general plan...

These are a former business partner's collection and I need to get a decent amount of money off of them which I will go directly to their kid's 529.

I sell on ebay some and have good feedback so I can go that route. i am actually going to do that on some of the newer more common stuff that is in a pretty complete form...like say a 1974 set. I am pretty sure I will do better than I would with a dealer.

the oldie oldie stuff I will probably consign. There are a few T cards and such that are nice. A good DiMaggio bat, a good Mantle bat, etc.

He has about 66/73 1964 Topps standups...mostly em-nm-mt. Unless I find the rest of the set going through stuff I was thinking about slabbing the high value single prints and superstars to see if they get north of a 7 and consiging them. Thoughts?

Here's the rub. What do I do with something like a 1963 near set, ExMt maybe even a few better? Probably got the Mantle. Package it to a good dealer? Shop it at a show? I am also planning to set up at Philly, but my hope is to mostly sell things that are easier to move bulk.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

bh3443 01-30-2011 12:30 PM

cards

Hi,
I recently had to sell a huge amount of my cards to help pay some medical bills and to keep paying for medicine I desperately need but my insurance won't cover. I sold everything to one guy by using Craigslist here in the Boston area.

I strongly recommend Craigslist because I've always had success selling everything from bulk new cards to vintage cards as well as antiques and stuff around the house. If you are in the greater Boston area, there are two guys competing for cards!

On a personal note, shoot me a message if you have any 1967 Topps Baseball cards in any amount and any condition for sale.

Best Regards and Good Luck,

Bill Hedin

mintacular 01-30-2011 02:16 PM

No to craigslitst

No to craigslist....I would do the completed listings research on price and take the max of what they are seem to be "worth" and set it at a BIN...Then, if it doesn't sell at BIN after 30 days go rbest offer option and accept anything that is reasonable i.e. 20% or better off BIN. If that doesn't work do a .01 auction to end at Sunday night at 7pm EST and make sure you have great scans...Don't sell it as one huge lot break it up per year

bbcard1 01-30-2011 05:08 PM

i might do Craigs List on the 1987 topps and such....the stuff you can't ship.

bh3443 01-31-2011 03:53 AM

absolutely

Yes, absolutely know the value in book and actual market! The bulk stuff that is new will sell on craigslist for sure.
Here in Boston, Craigslist is a hot place to actually retail cards. Plus it's cash.
Good luck!
Bill Hedin