Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I hate EVERYONE on this board.....but for a good reason! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=121051)

Clark7781 02-22-2010 12:00 PM

I hate EVERYONE on this board.....but for a good reason!

Ok, hopefully the thread title caught your attention.

First, I don't hate anyone on here, but here is the reason I posted this thread.

When I joined this forum, I was mainly collecting the T-205 set, but collected a few other big name T-206 cards.

But now, I have picked up other Tobacco cards, and am considering starting a LOOOONG journey to collect THE MONSTER.

Dang, I HATE YOU FOR THIS! With all of your GORGEOUS PHOTOS of your collections, I find myself saying, "I have to have something like this."

Dang...!

Hi, my name is Paul, and I have an addiction problem....

So thank you for exposing me to everything you post. My wife WILL hate you, but I love you guys.

Regards,

Paul

Bosox Blair 02-22-2010 12:04 PM

Paul,

You are not alone - we are here to enable you...:D.

Cheers,
Blair

Jewish-collector 02-22-2010 12:17 PM

Paul,

Meet me at the Chantilly show (or at lunch beforehand) next month & we can cry together. :D

Clark7781 02-22-2010 12:24 PM

Alan:

I would love to get together. Email me at hawk_paul@bah.com and let's try to hook-up. I would love to meet a fellow local collector.

Regards,

Paul

lharri3600 02-22-2010 12:32 PM

well paul,
join the club. in fact i'll email you your membership card!!:D

drdduet 02-22-2010 01:06 PM

Hello Paul...

Leon 02-22-2010 01:18 PM

well...

My name is Leon and I am a card collector.

The crowd in unison "HELLO LEON."

We all come here for the same reason.....it's a great hobby!!

iggyman 02-22-2010 01:41 PM

Sure........your wife might snicker now about her cuckoo husband and his strange T206 obsession. You might even hear your mother-in-law whisper in a hush tone that her daughter should've married that dentist. But in 2045, when you are ready to "kick the bucket," you will be known as "Paul the Man" amongst your heirs! You will be old and feeble and perhaps slobber a little bit, but everyone will still want to hear for the "tenth-time" how good old "uncle Paul" acquired all those T206 Ty Cobb cards. You Paul, will be treated like royalty!!! Well, at least that is what I am banking on.

Lovely Day...

Clark7781 02-22-2010 01:59 PM

You might even hear your mother-in-law whisper in a hush tone that her daughter should've married that dentist.

Good one. But I am lucky! My MIL (Someone dropped a house on her sister) is Austrian and does not speak English. I, however, can speak some German and can curse at her in her native language and understand when she talks bad to me.

teetwoohsix 02-22-2010 03:44 PM

Welcome Paul,and I'm glad to see you are going for the T206's also!!
Good luck hunting!!!:D

Sincerely,Clayton

rhettyeakley 02-22-2010 04:23 PM

Iggy, what if that dentist also collected cards?

iggyman 02-22-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhettyeakley (Post 784738)
Iggy, what if that dentist also collected cards?

Well, I suppose you will always find the odd one in the crowd ;).

To think, of all the "dentist conventions" that I've passed-up over the years. I always thought it was nothing more then a non-stop lecture on the latest root canal therapy. I had no idea, that behind the scenes they are very similar to a baseball card convention...

Lovely Day...

Steve D 02-22-2010 07:57 PM

Hello Paul! :)

I'm the same way. I was perfectly happy and content having completed my T206 Hall of Famer run (well, minus the obvious two cards) :)

Then I came here and started seeing all the commons!

Not too long after that, I was hooked! :o

Now, I'm just over 50% on the set and every night when I'm looking on ebay, I'm asking myself:

Self, what the HE!! are you doing!!!!! :eek:

Luckily, I'm not married (my "significant other" is my card collection) :o

Anyway, welcome to the club.....we all serve to enable each other!!! :D

Steve