Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Beautiful Original Deadball and 1920s Era snapshots including Cobb, Ruth, Wagner (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=108267)

Archive 06-19-2007 07:04 PM

Beautiful Original Deadball and 1920s Era snapshots including Cobb, Ruth, Wagner

Posted By: <b>javan brigham</b><p>I am now reluctantly offering a few vintage snapshots of Deadball era HOFers. These have been the pride of my collection but must go now. They show great views of Yankee Stadium, Shibe Park, and Comiskey Park in addition to the great players. Prices are firm although I may consider a discount if you purchase more than one. Paypal is accepted but checks and MO are prefered. Plenty of Ebay anf Forum references. Scans upon request. Please send requests directly to my e-mail address. These are special-don't miss out.<br /><br />1. 2 snapshots of 1917 World Series taken from left field grandstand. Each measures 4 7/16 x 2 10/16. One is labeled discreetly at bottom "Opening Game of World Series 1917". Scrapbook residue on back. What I love about these is the fact that, when put together, they form an almost perfect panorama of the entire field from bleachers to home plate. With a little computer photo editing, you could produce a beatiful panorama suitable for framing. Breathtaking to the right collector.<br />$495<br /><br />2. Undated 5 10/16x 3 7/16 snapshot of Honus Wagner in a c.1910 automobile. Honus is the passenger with 5 other men (teammates?) presumably on a fishing trip. I surmise this because the other snapshot that was sold with this one (which I do not have) showed Honus with a fish he caught. A candid shot of Honus relaxing, likely off-season as the trees are bare.<br />$495<br /><br />3. 1910 snapshot of Ty Cobb posing for the camera, likely before game, with great shot of Shibe Park centerfield scoreboard. Cobb is actually smiling!! Has been trimmed to 3 5/16 x 3 7/16 with a caption reading "Ty Cobb 1910". Scrapbook residue on back. <br />$595<br /><br />4. 1910 snapshot of Eddie Collins yelling encouragement to a teammate from just outside the dugout. Very similar shot to the Cobb phot except this is during the game. Trimmed to 3 5/16 x 2 15/16 with caption reading "Eddie Collins Athletics 1910". Scrapbook residue on back.<br />$395<br /><br />5. 2 snapshots of Babe Ruth at bat taken from about 5 rows back just to the 1st base side of home plate. They are still attached to a black scrapbook page, with 2 other snapshots of New York taken from the air, with those little corner things (don't know what they are called). Labeled on the scrapbook paper "New York City 1926 Babe Ruth". Snapshots measure 3 1/16 x 2 1/16. Great shots of Babe taking his cuts.<br />$595

Archive 06-22-2007 04:11 PM

Beautiful Original Deadball and 1920s Era snapshots including Cobb, Ruth, Wagner

Posted By: <b>Bruce Kasarda</b><p>Javan, can you send me scans. Thanks Bruce Kasarda

Archive 01-29-2008 12:38 PM

Posted By: <b>javan brigham</b><p>These are now available again. Really eye-catching!