Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Interesting Note about Heritage Auctions (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=285801)

Rich Klein 07-07-2020 08:28 AM

Interesting Note about Heritage Auctions

I'm not making any comments other than presenting these. There are probably plenty of people working there who were able to remain in full employ during the most difficult times.

In reading through the list of DFW Companies who received more than XXXX in PPP funds this came up.

$2-5 million HERITAGE AUCTIONEERS & GALLERIES, INC. 3500 Maple Ave DALLAS TX 191

$350,000-1 million HERITAGE NUMISMATIC AUCTIONS, INC. 3500 MAPLE AVE DALLAS TX 67

And let's also note this story on Sports Collectors Daily on June 3rd

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...ions-move-dfw/

Just noting this, nothing more, nothing less

Rich

Leon 07-07-2020 08:34 AM

Another interesting note, from what I heard, you interviewed with them and didn't get the job. Not making any comment about it or anything else. Just noting this, nothing more, nothing less
Happy collecting.

Rich Klein 07-07-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1997074)
Another interesting note, from what I heard, you interviewed with them and didn't get the job. Not making any comment about it or anything else. Just giving more perspective is all. Seems this is the way our society works now.
Happy collecting.

Actually I never even was formally interviewed but that's a different subject. I'm not saying it's bad they applied or took money, just pointing out the two notes

Rich

Leon 07-07-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 1997075)
Actually I never even was formally interviewed but that's a different subject. I'm not saying it's bad they applied or took money, just pointing out the two notes

Rich

And I am just pointing out a potential hidden agenda in what you post, nothing more and nothing less.

Rich Klein 07-07-2020 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1997076)
And I am just pointing out a potential hidden agenda in what you post, nothing more and nothing less.

Leon -- I also posted on Collectors Universe receiving a PPP Loan, which they returned, I did not see a post from you there.

You know me well enough to know I do not have hidden agendas.

Rich

oldjudge 07-07-2020 08:58 AM

Interesting! Thanks Rich.

ullmandds 07-07-2020 09:05 AM

ya Rich...thanks for the info. sorry about the unprovoked "Attack?"

Leon 07-07-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1997083)
ya Rich...thanks for the info. sorry about the unprovoked "Attack?"

There was no attack *your incorrect word" intended at all. I merely pointed something out that I thought should be known. Rich is a local friend....I have known him for over 20 yrs.

Rich, my apology if you took this as an attack,

Rich Klein 07-07-2020 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1997093)
There was no attack *your incorrect word" intended at all. I merely pointed something out that I thought should be known. Rich is a local friend....I have known him for over 20 yrs.

Rich, my apology if you took this as an attack,

Leon:

That is a very gracious post and I accept your apology. Now, we have not done lunch in WAY too long, so let's do lunch :)

Rich

Leon 07-07-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 1997095)
Leon:

That is a very gracious post and I accept your apology. Now, we have not done lunch in WAY too long, so let's do lunch :)

Rich

Except today I am ready when you are.....Let's do it and catch up....

Rich Klein 07-07-2020 09:45 AM

Friday sounds good for me -- I'll email you Friday morning :)

brianp-beme 07-07-2020 10:05 AM

I think Rich's hidden agenda was food related.

Brian

Rich Klein 07-07-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 1997103)
I think Rich's hidden agenda was food related.

Brian

By George!. I think he's got it!

aljurgela 07-08-2020 11:20 PM

Well

For disclosure... I do not know Rich and I only know Leon a bit. I have bought a lot through HA through the years. It matters to me what Rich posted. It affects my thinking and frankly I was incredibly disappointed in Leon’s response here. I felt it childish and completely unfounded especially in the context of the PSA call out (he was not picking on just one company). I understand that you, Leon, have a business and a board to run, but I believe that you crossed the line here. I hope that you apologize to Rich over lunch and that you guys move on, but I would be lying if I did not perceive either HA or this forum in the same light after these posts, which frankly is sad to me.

Best,

Al Jurgela
Full name for disclosure

marzoumanian 07-09-2020 07:54 AM

Thank You, Rich

I don't know Leon or Rich or Al. But the same thoughts crossed my mind.

Keep up the good work, Rich, and enjoy that lunch!

Peace and stay healthy!

Rich Klein 07-09-2020 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aljurgela (Post 1997283)
For disclosure... I do not know Rich and I only know Leon a bit. I have bought a lot through HA through the years. It matters to me what Rich posted. It affects my thinking and frankly I was incredibly disappointed in Leon’s response here. I felt it childish and completely unfounded especially in the context of the PSA call out (he was not picking on just one company). I understand that you, Leon, have a business and a board to run, but I believe that you crossed the line here. I hope that you apologize to Rich over lunch and that you guys move on, but I would be lying if I did not perceive either HA or this forum in the same light after these posts, which frankly is sad to me.

Best,

Al Jurgela
Full name for disclosure

Folks:

When we had the data dump on Wednesday part of this thread was lost. Leon, did apologize to me and we're still planning to have lunch on Friday.

So it's OK and we can move on from that part of the discussion.

Rich