Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1933 Goudey Ruth #144 or 1921 Exhibit Ruth? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=321370)

glchen 07-18-2022 10:11 AM

Nice pickups, Jeff. I also want to do a Ruth run from each of his playing days years, but the Boston days are holding me back. :)

Exhibitman 07-18-2022 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glchen (Post 2243593)
Nice pickups, Jeff. I also want to do a Ruth run from each of his playing days years, but the Boston days are holding me back. :)

That's for damn sure. I think I have one that might be a Boston Ruth. I mean, it shows him in a Boston uni but might've been made a season or two later.

It's an interesting run to go after. I've thought of doing an Exhibit run but the 1923 is the 800# gorilla of that effort.

ullmandds 07-18-2022 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 2243618)
That's for damn sure. I think I have one that might be a Boston Ruth. I mean, it shows him in a Boston uni but might've been made a season or two later.

It's an interesting run to go after. I've thought of doing an Exhibit run but the 1923 is the 800# gorilla of that effort.

me too...going for a 20's-end of career ruth run...the boston era is way out of reach and will always be deficient in my collection.

I'm just happy to have a few crappy strips of the babe in a boston uni!!!!

mrreality68 07-18-2022 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glchen (Post 2243593)
Nice pickups, Jeff. I also want to do a Ruth run from each of his playing days years, but the Boston days are holding me back. :)

Thanks appreciated everyone

and I am not saying it will be easy just that it is my goal. And at Ruthian Prices it will take a while.

investinrookies 07-21-2022 07:47 PM

just saw a really nice PSA 3 Exhibit Ruth ending in PWCC Premiere auction soon. Unfortunately for me now is not the time but seems like a great buy currently sitting at $15600

ullmandds 07-21-2022 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by investinrookies (Post 2244769)
just saw a really nice PSA 3 Exhibit Ruth ending in PWCC Premiere auction soon. Unfortunately for me now is not the time but seems like a great buy currently sitting at $15600

what'd it end at?

investinrookies 07-21-2022 08:00 PM

hasn't ended looks like it just entered extended bidding

Jstottlemire1 07-21-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 2244773)
what'd it end at?

It’s not ended yet…

ullmandds 07-21-2022 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jstottlemire1 (Post 2244776)
It’s not ended yet…

thx...I finally gained access to their site...it IS a slick site...but I still will not to business with them!

Casey2296 07-21-2022 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 2244778)
thx...I finally gained access to their site...it IS a slick site...but I still will not to business with them!

I've bid on a couple of significant cards in their auction and the feeling I came away with was there's still something fishy in Shillsville...

ullmandds 07-21-2022 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey2296 (Post 2244780)
I've bid on a couple of significant cards in their auction and the feeling I came away with was there's still something fishy in Shillsville...


A leopard can't change its spots?

Casey2296 07-21-2022 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 2244784)
A leopard can't change its spots?

A mans character never changes unless he takes significant steps to change it himself.

Jstottlemire1 07-22-2022 09:19 AM

Great topic and discussion this thread has turned into! Both are amazing pieces, seems the 21 Exhibits is blowing up quickly as of late. The 21 in PWCC ended up at 22,800 last evening 😯 WOW.

robertsmithnocure 07-22-2022 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jstottlemire1 (Post 2244883)
Great topic and discussion this thread has turned into! Both are amazing pieces, seems the 21 Exhibits is blowing up quickly as of late. The 21 in PWCC ended up at 22,800 last evening 😯 WOW.

I can’t find that listing. Can someone post a link? Obviously, my search skills are lacking.

sb1 07-22-2022 02:43 PM

Link to 21 Ruth PWCC
 
https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/prem...page=96&page=4

Jstottlemire1 07-22-2022 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertsmithnocure (Post 2244961)
I can’t find that listing. Can someone post a link? Obviously, my search skills are lacking.

I was bidding till it got out of hand slightly then I checked this morning to see the results. Great card certainly earning more and more respect.

investinrookies 07-22-2022 04:48 PM

1933 Goudey Ruth #144 or 1921 Exhibit Ruth?
 
Also while the 21 exhibit was ending at PWCC a nice SGC 3 144 goudey Ruth was ending at heritage. It was a really nice dead centered example. $15600 was its closing price

Here’s the link to the Goudey 144

https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball-c.../50057-50277.s


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon 07-22-2022 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by investinrookies (Post 2244995)
Also while the 21 exhibit was ending at PWCC a nice SGC 3 144 goudey Ruth was ending at heritage. It was a really nice dead centered example. $15600 was its closing price

Here’s the link to the Goudey 144

https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball-c.../50057-50277.s


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not dead centered, either way, but it's a really nice card. Could have gotten a bid or two more...
.

robertsmithnocure 07-23-2022 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sb1 (Post 2244967)

Thanks for the link. That was a very nice example.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:50 AM.