Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Minnie Minoso: Autograph Thoughts? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=346907)

Polarboy 02-29-2024 08:11 PM

Minnie Minoso: Autograph Thoughts?

1 Attachment(s)
Hello again! I’m here to ask your thoughts on a Minnie minoso cut, era is from around 1962-1965. I think it’s genuine, but wanted a second opinion! Thanks guys!

WhatsNext 02-29-2024 08:35 PM

looks fine

Polarboy 03-03-2024 10:47 AM

Update: I WON! And background on the cut.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatsNext (Post 2416410)
looks fine

I won the auction! Got it for $11 shipped. I did some research on the store listed on the cut, and found out that it was right here in my home state! Small world! Thanks to some background I discovered the exact timeframe the auto was signed, 1962-1965, based off how long that store was there. Funny how things work out like that. And with that, another Hall of Famer is off the list! And my main Cuban HOF trio is complete! (Now on to the other 3, which are gonna be much,MUCH tougher.)

Topnotchsy 03-03-2024 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polarboy (Post 2416983)
I won the auction! Got it for $11 shipped. I did some research on the store listed on the cut, and found out that it was right here in my home state! Small world! Thanks to some background I discovered the exact timeframe the auto was signed, 1962-1965, based off how long that store was there. Funny how things work out like that. And with that, another Hall of Famer is off the list! And my main Cuban HOF trio is complete! (Now on to the other 3, which are gonna be much,MUCH tougher.)

Congrats! Who were your Cuban trio and who are the other 3?

Polarboy 03-03-2024 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topnotchsy (Post 2417109)
Congrats! Who were your Cuban trio and who are the other 3?

Thank you! My mom’s side is of Cuban descent, so I decided this would be a fun project, in addition to my HOF pc. The main 3 were Minnie Minoso, Tony Oliva, and Tony Perez. I got a Tony Oliva auto relic for $14 off eBay, and got a 2003 Gallery Bat card for Perez, the auto was a 1966 Rookie Cup Card I sent to him to sign, during a very brief window in which people were actually getting stuff back. $10 well spent! I’m still looking for a Minnie minoso relic, hoping to snag the 2002 America Pie jersey card, it looks so sick with the pinstripe!

As for the other 3, there’s three more Cubans in the hall. Martín Dihigo, Cristóbal Torriente and José de la Caridad Méndez. Those guys rarely have autos come up, and I don’t think I’ve seen any relics. Those will be tricky. I’ve also got non HOF’s as well. Rafael Palmereo, Luis Tiant, Aroldis Chapman, Adolis Garcia, Luis Robert, Yandy Diaz and my GOAT, RANDY AROZARENA!

Topnotchsy 03-04-2024 08:55 PM

Very cool to focus on players connected to your heritage. Cuban has a robust baseball history and some of the best players of all time. SABR has a really cool book on the topic called, "Cuban Baseball Legends: Baseball's Alternative Universe"

Years ago I bought a photo which had been owned by Dihigo. He wrote the names of the players on their image, and so it was sort of a signed copy (he had written his last name) though I sold it years ago.

I have a couple of cool Cuban League players autographs including Alejandro Oms and Perucho Cepeda.

Polarboy 03-05-2024 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topnotchsy (Post 2417369)
Very cool to focus on players connected to your heritage. Cuban has a robust baseball history and some of the best players of all time. SABR has a really cool book on the topic called, "Cuban Baseball Legends: Baseball's Alternative Universe"

Years ago I bought a photo which had been owned by Dihigo. He wrote the names of the players on their image, and so it was sort of a signed copy (he had written his last name) though I sold it years ago.

I have a couple of cool Cuban League players autographs including Alejandro Oms and Perucho Cepeda.

Cool! I'll have to check out that book, thanks! Cuba's baseball history, alongside many other Spanish speaking countries is incredible, I'm proud of my roots.