Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Opinions on Mantle Ball & Aaron Ball (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=226115)

braves_43 07-28-2016 09:25 AM

Opinions on Mantle Ball & Aaron Ball

3 Attachment(s)
Just looking for opinions on authenticity for this Mantle signed ball and Aaron signed ball before I bid on them. They do not have any COA. These are the only pics with the listings. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

shelly 07-28-2016 03:05 PM

I can not see the mantle ball. Take it out of the holder and take good picture

baseball tourist 07-28-2016 03:22 PM

The Aaron looks slowly drawn. No good.

granite75 07-28-2016 03:25 PM

Those holders are from The Score Board, which is now defunct. It was a mail order memorabilia company in the 1980's maybe 1990's. There's a history to the company and some shady things that went on towards the end, but those balls were not among the items reported to be fraudulent. I had a Mantle ball from them I got at a flea market years ago that checked out out through PSA/DNA. Still doesn't mean I wouldn't have them checked, the balls can easily be swapped out. The Aaron sig looks much larger than other Score Board balls I've seen.

thetruthisoutthere 07-28-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braves_43 (Post 1566326)
Just looking for opinions on authenticity for this Mantle signed ball and Aaron signed ball before I bid on them. They do not have any COA. These are the only pics with the listings. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Deron, crop those photos and re-submit them.

Or resize them.

braves_43 07-28-2016 08:44 PM

Shelly, I do not have the balls in hand so I can't do that. They're in an auction so I was just curious if I could get some opinions before bidding. I know the pictures are terrible so I apologzie, but that's all they have.

Granite, thanks for that info, very helpful. I may just put some low bids in and see what happens. So far, not much activity, so if I win them for a couple bucks and they're fake then I won't be too upset.

Truth, I don't know how to do that. Can anyone help me with that?

I am a big Braves fan and major Aaron collector, I do have some of his authenticated autographs and I think this one is real but I am by no means an expert so i appreciate the responses thus far!

shelly 07-29-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by granite75 (Post 1566449)
Those holders are from The Score Board, which is now defunct. It was a mail order memorabilia company in the 1980's maybe 1990's. There's a history to the company and some shady things that went on towards the end, but those balls were not among the items reported to be fraudulent. I had a Mantle ball from them I got at a flea market years ago that checked out out through PSA/DNA. Still doesn't mean I wouldn't have them checked, the balls can easily be swapped out. The Aaron sig looks much larger than other Score Board balls I've seen.

The only thing shaddy about Score Board is the certs that have been forged after they closed.
Every autograph from that company was authentic.:):):)

shelly 07-29-2016 09:18 AM

I would not bid on those items. Low balling and then winning a forgery is not very smart.

braves_43 07-29-2016 10:40 AM

So are you saying that their certs were forged AFTER they closed but before that, their stuff was good? Or are you being sarcastic and saying their stuff was never good? I'm not sure I follow...

earlywynnfan 07-29-2016 01:37 PM

Their stuff was great, they did signings and all that (think Steiner), but their certs were slips of paper. Very easy to reproduce or pull a switcheroo.

braves_43 07-29-2016 02:10 PM

I gotcha. Thank you all, as always.

shelly 07-30-2016 07:38 AM

[QUOTE=braves_43;1566603]So are you saying that their certs were forged AFTER they closed but before that, their stuff was good? Or are you being sarcastic and saying their stuff was never good? I'm not sure I follow...[/QU

Every autograph that came from score board where all authentic.

thetruthisoutthere 07-30-2016 10:16 AM

[QUOTE=shelly;1566805]
Quote:

Originally Posted by braves_43 (Post 1566603)
So are you saying that their certs were forged AFTER they closed but before that, their stuff was good? Or are you being sarcastic and saying their stuff was never good? I'm not sure I follow...[/QU

Every autograph that came from score board where all authentic.

Definitely.

Scammers have been using (copying, editing, reproducing, etc.) the old Scoreboard COA for years to sell their forgeries.

It's disgusting.

joed25 07-30-2016 09:14 PM

Both are probably authentic. Small pics so I won't say for sure.