Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT Ebay's New Feature (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=169634)

z28jd 05-29-2013 05:09 PM

OT Ebay's New Feature

I'm using up my second OT of the year for a good cause, my own sanity. Is there anyone else here who can't stand Ebay's new feature, where they tell you how many people are looking at the auction in a little pop-up that is right over the scan? So when you're already looking at the enlarged version of the scan, a little blue bubble pops up and brags about keeping track of people looking at an auction, as if I give a <insert curses here, lots of them> about how many people are looking at the auction. If I cared, I'd scroll to the bottom and look at the counter that has already done that for the last 15 years on the site. I DONT CARE HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE LOOKING AT IT, I look at a lot of auctions, I don't feel like sitting here cursing at my laptop screen every time that bubble pops up and the enlarged scans goes away.

There seriously needs to be a way to get rid of this features besides punching it away, because that could get expensive. End rant.

Leon 05-29-2013 07:47 PM

I haven't seen it yet John. Sounds annoying...Don't punch your computer. It won't help.

EvilKing00 05-29-2013 07:51 PM

yesh, i havent seen it and not looking forward to it either

auggiedoggy 05-29-2013 07:55 PM

What new feature???

Not sure I understand. I haven't noticed any such feature. Sounds annoying enough. Perhaps it hasn't been implemented on .ca yet, although I do spend time on .com as well.

quinnsryche 05-29-2013 07:58 PM

I have not seen that either and I'm on there all the time. Not to hi-jack this thread but have any other sellers noticed that when doing a BIN price, it's now 30% more than the minimum rather than the 10% it was about 2 weeks ago? That is REALLY annoying in my opinion.
Carry on!

z28jd 05-29-2013 07:58 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just me. Only seems to pop up on newly listed cards, about three seconds after the page loads and right over the scan. Stays there for probably five seconds that feel five minutes long. I know one time I'm going to see something with a BIN and I try to buy it five seconds too late because of that stupid new feature. At least tell me who those other people are looking at it so I can punch them...that would be useful :)

Steve D 05-29-2013 08:05 PM

It isn't just you, I've gotten that popup also, and I agree completely about it being completely annoying!

It's like they want to warn you that other people are watching it, so you better get it quick yourself, or you'll lose out.

Steve

cardsfan73 05-29-2013 08:14 PM

Sometimes I get it.. sometimes I don't. Seems like every time I log on to ebay it's always different.

Republicaninmass 05-29-2013 08:20 PM

6 people viewing this item per hour!

z28jd 05-29-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve D (Post 1138650)
It isn't just you, I've gotten that popup also, and I agree completely about it being completely annoying!

It's like they want to warn you that other people are watching it, so you better get it quick yourself, or you'll lose out.

Steve

In theory, it is a good idea, just with annoying placement. Like putting a pop up ad for low gas prices in the middle of your windshield while you're driving.

I can never buy the thing quick because I have to wait for that thing to go away so I can see what I'm looking at. Throw in on the other side of the page, I'll still look, I promise

EvilKing00 05-30-2013 01:07 PM

omg just happened to me, its aweful.