Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Autograph / Photograph authentication question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=300895)

Frankish 04-24-2021 09:42 AM

Autograph / Photograph authentication question

Does anyone have advice on the best order to get a type 1 photo with autograph authenticated for both auto/photo? Do I send it in to get the photo authenticated and then resubmit for the autograph separately? I haven't been able to find a correct form (at PSA at least) to have both done at one time. But then again I am easily confused, so might just be overlooking it. Thanks!

Also, I have a pretty delicate autograph I'd like to get encapsulated. However, it measures 9.5x10.5", which I think is too wide for the PSA jumbo holder. Does one of the other grading companies offer a wider holder?

Thanks again!

drcy 04-27-2021 06:55 PM

Good question. I don't recall someone else asking this question.

Could you post the photo? Might be helpful for advice.

rand1com 04-27-2021 07:05 PM

There is a submission form for both photo authentication and autograph authentication. Click on services and photo authentication and you will see the submission form for both to download.

I'm not sure about the slabbing size question. I have a few rather large PSA/DNA slabs authenticated for both but the size of the photo is 8" x 10". Not sure if they do anything larger.

milkit1 04-27-2021 07:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi David

i am curious of this myself. Here is my example. a colorized 1920 photo of Tris Speaker with a light pencil autograph.

Attachment 454922

Attachment 454923

rand1com 04-27-2021 07:21 PM

As stated earlier, there is one form to use for both services. It has to go to different locations for authentication but you ship to PSA and they handle shipping to proper locations for completion. First, it goes to Henry Yee for photo authentication, then back to probably California for autograph authentication. However, they may do autograph authentication on the east coast as well. My guess is it will take a few months to get through both services and back to you. I know they can do 8" x 10" photos with the slab. Otherwise, probably just individual certificates for the Type Photo and autograph. The Speaker is a nice item but the auto is pretty light but will pass authentication IMO.

milkit1 04-27-2021 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rand1com (Post 2097317)
As stated earlier, there is one form to use for both services. It has to go to different locations for authentication but you ship to PSA and they handle shipping to proper locations for completion. First, it goes to Henry Yee for photo authentication, then back to probably California for autograph authentication. However, they may do autograph authentication on the east coast as well. My guess is it will take a few months to get through both services and back to you. I know they can do 8" x 10" photos with the slab. Otherwise, probably just individual certificates for the Type Photo and autograph. The Speaker is a nice item but the auto is pretty light but will pass authentication IMO.

awesome, thanks!

Frankish 04-28-2021 07:02 PM

Thank you all for the responses. That is very helpful!