Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Autograph Experts Needed - Clemente, Williams.... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=126394)

slidekellyslide 08-07-2010 07:29 PM

Autograph Experts Needed - Clemente, Williams....

5 Attachment(s)
A buddy of mine picked up a rather sizable collection of autographs and photos from a guy today and he knows very little about them...there were probably 10 photo albums filled with photos and autographs...it appears that they were mostly sent away for as one of the albums contained the cut up return envelopes, and he wrote the name of the player on them that he received an autograph from. It was not just baseball, there was a ton of football too...all from the 1950s to early 1970s. Anyway I was wondering what you guys thought about these autos:

slidekellyslide 08-07-2010 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another pic - I didn't think the DiMaggio looked right and I told him that.

ss 08-08-2010 07:07 AM

The 2 Williams signatures are good, so is Martin. DiMaggio is no good. Aaron is too light to judge. The Clemente looks good to me, but that's always a tough one to judge - let's see what others think about the Clemente.

khkco4bls 08-08-2010 07:15 AM

they all look good, but the joe D is a joke.

shelly 08-08-2010 10:40 AM

Joe d sucks. The one Williams is to dark the others look fine.

slidekellyslide 08-08-2010 11:51 AM

Thanks for the replies guys...I've gotten some through email too and there doesn't seem to be a consensus on any of them besides the Joe D which I also knew right away was no good. What service would you guys use and what is the associated costs with the bigger name stars? This collection also had signatures of nearly all the Hall of Famers from the 1950-70s. Tons of football players whom I don't know real well beyond Unitas, Tarkenton, and other big names...there was a Paul Brown also. Should he just list them on ebay or should he get them certified first?

Heritage Sports 08-13-2010 02:28 PM

PSA/DNA and Jimmy Spence are the two most widely respected authenticators, used by all the major auction houses. Their fees are listed on their sites, which are:

www.psadna.com

www.spenceloa.com

Heritage Sports 08-13-2010 02:37 PM

PSA/DNA and Jimmy Spence are the two most widely respected authenticators, used by all the major auction houses. Their fees are listed on their sites, which are:

www.psadna.com

www.spenceloa.com

GrayGhost 08-13-2010 02:47 PM

Dimaggio is horrible. Rest look fine, but as w the more knowledgable guys, I defer a bit on the Aaron. it looks "iffy" from what I can see of it.

Not trying to start stuff, because PSA and JSA are the best, but why are they the only guys who people really seem to trust? Yes, Id like to have them if I got something authenticated, but still.

Its all a "leap of faith" anyways, unless you saw it in person signed in front of u.

RichardSimon 08-13-2010 08:21 PM

PSA spends the most money on advertising.
Too bad they cannot pay off the BBB and raise that F rating that they have.

docpatlv 08-13-2010 08:28 PM

Dan,

Clemente - IMO definitely NOT authentic

Mike

slidekellyslide 08-13-2010 09:07 PM

Yeah, someone in the biz emailed me and said the Clemente was secretarial.