Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Psa response (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=330435)

sflayank 01-17-2023 04:56 PM

Psa response

Jan 17, 2023, 15:34 PST

Hey Larry,

Thank you for reaching out to PSA about the recent change in pricing for our pin and coin grading services. We understand your concern and we would like to explain the reason for the increase.

The cost of operating our business has increased in recent months, including but not limited to: labor, materials, and certifying authentic materials. Additionally, we have experienced some challenges with availability of staff, including less researchers, graders, and sealers available for this specific service. As a result, we have had to re-evaluate our pricing structure to maintain control over backlogs and ensure that we can continue to provide our customers with the highest level of service and accuracy that you have come to expect from PSA.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we hope that you will continue to use our services. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you for your continued support.

Best regards,
Edwin
PSA Customer Service

nolemmings 01-17-2023 05:19 PM

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Do you know how their coin grading service is doing? Or I should say the one operated by their sister company? Seems like it would use the same materials and sealers. Heck it almost seems like it would be an easier job for a grader--really hard to get fooled by added color or paper, and no trimming. Edges and surfaces are about it, and as inconsistent as they have been on those, I can't see it presenting a daunting challenge to existing graders. Authenticity shouldn't be a problem either-- not a lot of fakes out there.

They should basically come out and say we make far more per gouge on the modern shiny card stuff than we can with anything reasonable on your sports coins-- pay it or go away. Maybe they just did.

sflayank 01-17-2023 05:29 PM

The coin side is doing very well and they do use the materials from the coin side....they've hired hundreds of people but they're short graders researchers and sealers for coins..really...all lies

perezfan 01-17-2023 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolemmings (Post 2305326)
Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Do you know how their coin grading service is doing? Or I should say the one operated by their sister company? Seems like it would use the same materials and sealers. Heck it almost seems like it would be an easier job for a grader--really hard to get fooled by added color or paper, and no trimming. Edges and surfaces are about it, and as inconsistent as they have been on those, I can't see it presenting a daunting challenge to existing graders. Authenticity shouldn't be a problem either-- not a lot of fakes out there.

They should basically come out and say we make far more per gouge on the modern shiny card stuff than we can with anything reasonable on your sports coins-- pay it or go away. Maybe they just did.

+1

Zach Wheat 01-18-2023 06:48 AM

Quote:

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

+2

JustinD 01-18-2023 06:52 AM

Quote:

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

This was my thought the minute I read this, I see many in the same boat. Sounds like a line of BS to me.