Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What a night on ebay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=61639)

Archive 05-01-2002 06:16 PM

What a night on ebay

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>How about a vote on who wants to sell their cards the LEAST? My nominations are:<BR><BR>1. Dwmorris<BR>2. KitYoung cards<BR>3. Txsm<BR><BR>Lots of nice cards, no room to bid.

Archive 05-01-2002 06:54 PM

What a night on ebay

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>And txsm still hasn't had anyone meet his reserve on the t207 Marquard. I believe at this point he has now spent more money in fees listing the card than the minimum bids he wants.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 05-01-2002 07:31 PM

What a night on ebay

Posted By: <b>jeff</b><p>I just got a KY newsletter in the mail (not a catalog--one of his sale supplements). If you look closely at the listings for T3s in this supplement, you can tell he adapted them from the same database from which he drew his ebay auctions. Why? A couple T3s are titled (with display boxes all their own):<BR><BR>"1911 T3 TURKEY RED WALTER JOHNSON KIT"<BR><BR>So even in his own catalog, Kit must figure that buyers will be more exicted knowing for sure that the cards come directly from him.<BR><BR>Side note: He really does lower prices on ebay. For instance, there is a T3 Collins that I think is down to $150, which is in the catalog (and was originally listed on ebay) at $300. I once bought a T3 Keeler from him (on ebay) for $100 that he originally listed for $250. <BR><BR>Jeff

Archive 05-01-2002 09:58 PM

What a night on ebay

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I've gotten some great deals from him, mostly by making offers on ebay flops. And I picked up a decent green portrait Cobb from his last sale, at a super price. He also had good prices on a t205 Walsh and a few others, but I was too late.

Archive 05-02-2002 06:34 AM

What a night on ebay

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>didn't mean to offend anyone - just goad you into offering your cards cheaper! I wouldn't notice your selling habits if I wasn't interested in lots of your cards. Brooks sells some of the coolest pre-wwI cards on ebay and any comments he could add to the discussions would certainly have more merit than mine.

Archive 05-02-2002 09:07 AM

What a night on ebay

Posted By: <b>Jeff Obermeyer</b><p>It's not just you Scott... I'm still waiting in Seattle as well.

Archive 05-02-2002 10:23 AM

What a night on ebay

Posted By: <b>Brian Hodes</b><p>Probably if you sent them your KIT YOUNG cards to grade and paid ....<BR>Seriously, he is a reputable dealer and I would be far more likely to buy ungraded cards from him than most (that is if the price was right).

Archive 05-02-2002 10:54 AM

What a night on ebay

Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>after it flopped on ebay; they sold it well below what I'd have paid. Sidenote: this card was the one that SGC said was trimmed one month and graded the next; see the current VCBC (shameless plug).

Archive 05-02-2002 10:57 AM

What a night on ebay

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>..but if they went out last Monday, I must have fallen off the list...after receiving TWO, count 'em, TWO issues of my subscription.

Archive 05-02-2002 02:35 PM

What a night on ebay

Posted By: <b>brian</b><p>I bought a nice Uzit back from Brooks about a month ago that failed to reach his reserve. We negotiated for a few days, but did come to an agreement on a fair price. I was very happy with the card's condition and would not hesitate to deal with him again. We all would like to get good deals, but most of the time you get what you pay for. be well brian