Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Big Shout Out To The B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=329636)

jingram058 12-30-2022 02:35 PM

Big Shout Out To The B/S/T

2 Attachment(s)
As a collector of modest means, over the past couple of years I have managed to pick up some great cards from the B/S/T. I managed to finish my 1953 Bowman color and B/W set, my 1969 Topps deckle edge set is better than 90% finished, and I have picked up a whole bunch of various tobacco and pre-war cards on the cheap. I don't have the wherewithal to drop a vast fortune on cards, nor do I attend card shows the way I once did; they are either not happening or I simply can't get to them due to shift and weekend work. I just in the past few days took some of my Christmas gift money (I have lots of sisters and my wife comes from a HUGE family) and bought a couple of lots of 1939 and 1941 Play Ball cards. They are in pretty poor condition, but I love them nevertheless and I didn't have to go to the poor house getting them. I really enjoy looking up the players on all of my cards, and what interesting stories! So I just want to say thanks to the sellers on this net54 B/S/T that I have had the privilege to buy from and trade with, allowing me to have some semblance of a hobby. And thanks to Leon for running the best baseball card collecting presence on the internet!

JollyElm 12-30-2022 02:45 PM

Hey, man, how about taking a shot of the cards on a single-color, flat surface. The intermingling of them with the busyness of that embroidered table covering is giving me epileptic seizures!!! :rolleyes:

jingram058 12-30-2022 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2299220)
Hey, man, how about taking a shot of the cards on a single-color, flat surface. The intermingling of them with the busyness of that embroidered table covering is giving me epileptic seizures!!! :rolleyes:

Hey Jolly! Yes, I see what you mean. I just posted the pics the seller took. I'll take some myself.

Casey2296 12-30-2022 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2299220)

How about a Jollyism that includes, lace, epileptic seizures, and using backgrounds to hide card defects.

todeen 12-30-2022 03:57 PM

Second the OP opinion. BST is a blessing! Great collectors here who care about helping others in exchange for cold hard electronically moved currencies.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

Tere1071 12-30-2022 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingram058 (Post 2299214)
As a collector of modest means, over the past couple of years I have managed to pick up some great cards from the B/S/T. I managed to finish my 1953 Bowman color and B/W set, my 1969 Topps deckle edge set is better than 90% finished, and I have picked up a whole bunch of various tobacco and pre-war cards on the cheap. I don't have the wherewithal to drop a vast fortune on cards, nor do I attend card shows the way I once did; they are either not happening or I simply can't get to them due to shift and weekend work. I just in the past few days took some of my Christmas gift money (I have lots of sisters and my wife comes from a HUGE family) and bought a couple of lots of 1939 and 1941 Play Ball cards. They are in pretty poor condition, but I love them nevertheless and I didn't have to go to the poor house getting them. I really enjoy looking up the players on all of my cards, and what interesting stories! So I just want to say thanks to the sellers on this net54 B/S/T that I have had the privilege to buy from and trade with, allowing me to have some semblance of a hobby. And thanks to Leon for running the best baseball card collecting presence on the internet!

Hello Jim,

I'm glad to see that you found success through B/S/T. It's great to collect rather than invest, less to worry about and better on the pocketbook.

To continued happy collecting!

Phil aka Tere1071

BioCRN 12-30-2022 04:29 PM

I've been here for a year, lurked without signing up for years, and I've only made 2 purchases...but both purchases filled important holes in my personal collection even if neither was extremely rare.

I've also discovered over the years some stuff I've bought elsewhere (Ebay/auction/etc) was sold in B/S/T in the past.

CobbSpikedMe 12-30-2022 04:53 PM

As another budget minded collector, I'd also like to thank those sellers on the BST who work with us folks on payments or holding cards for us to get funds together with just our word that we will in fact pay them. This has happened a few times for me, and I have been extremely thankful to the seller.

bnorth 12-30-2022 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe (Post 2299263)
As another budget minded collector, I'd also like to thank those sellers on the BST who work with us folks on payments or holding cards for us to get funds together with just our word that we will in fact pay them. This has happened a few times for me, and I have been extremely thankful to the seller.

^^This^^ I have had several higher end cards and a NM+ complete 59 Fleer Ted Williams set held for me for a short time.

I can't say enough good things about the BST section. Over my time on here I have had way over 1000 transactions. Some of my favorite cards/memorabilia was purchased/traded for and some given for free from fellow members.