Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Championship Rings - Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   William "Refrigerator" Perry's SB XX Ring is back up for sale (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=207558)

Samets 06-18-2015 05:26 AM

William "Refrigerator" Perry's SB XX Ring is back up for sale

So the man falls on hard times and is forced to sell his ring. Then a 10 year old boy comes along and has his parents buy the ring back so the player can have it again.

What does Perry do 4 years later? Consign it to Heritage Auctions.

This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

sports-rings 06-18-2015 08:30 AM

The media did not report the story accurately when the boy gave Perry back the ring.

There are so many William Perry salesman samples floating around in that silly ring size of 23 which is more like a paperweight than a ring to be worn.

The young boy purchased a salesman sample, not Perry's real ring. His real ring would have sold for tens of thousands, not under $4,000 as was reported.

The salesman sample rings do not contain real diamonds. So the boy gave Perry a salesman sample.

Furthermore, anyone could take a salesman sample and load it up with real diamonds and proclaim it's the authentic ring from the player. That's one reason I would dread to spend a lot of money buying a championship ring that has so many salesman sample versions in the market place.

I am not saying that the cosigner or the auction house did this, or know of this, but I wonder if the ring comes with proof that this was Perry's ring. And I wonder how concrete that proof is.

It was common knowledge in the collectiong community that Perry sold his ring a long time ago, so I wonder if this was Perry's original ring or one he had made later on, or like I said earlier, a common salesman sample that has had it's imitation diamonds replaced with real ones.

Samets 06-18-2015 09:17 AM

Interesting...

HA states: " While it is widely known in the hobby that the ring was rather widely reproduced due to its crowd-pleasing absurdity, we can confirm definitively that this is the one and only original presented to Perry for his part in "shuffling" to Super Bowl XX victory along with Walter Payton, Jim McMahon and Mike Singletary."

I guess they have that 100% proof... even though none is presented...

sports-rings 06-18-2015 01:42 PM

if you go back and search the archives, I blasted them last year for selling two Super Bowl Steeler rings from back to back super bowls where had they done any research at all they would have seen the rings were not authentic, and the story had zero credibility on a few different levels.

I finally put pictures up that were very enlarged showing their two rings and two real rings.

many on this board could not believe the story that was presented with those two rings and the rings themselves.

Samets 09-01-2015 03:07 PM

Looks like it sold for $203,150 Someone believes this is the real deal...