Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Still questions about GFA Authenticated (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=150435)

RichardSimon 04-26-2012 10:15 AM

Still questions about GFA Authenticated

I again tried to write to them, this time using a link to one of their founders, directly on their website.

This is what I got in return:

"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

jackie@gfaauthenticated.com"

You would think this company would have an operating e mail system which is using their domain name, but my e mail attempt DID NOT EVEN GO THROUGH.
Mr. Rocchi, Ms. Gomez can you possibly explain this lack of communication with the public? This is not my first attempt to contact them.
So far I have only seen their certs on AtAuction.com and I think we have discussed that site already. Formerly the home of Mr. Burczyk and Mr. Morales.
Come on Steve, you were never shy before. What is the problem now?

mschwade 04-26-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 987543)
I again tried to write to them, this time using a link to one of their founders, directly on their website.

You would think this company would have an operating e mail system which is using their domain name, but my e mail attempt DID NOT EVEN GO THROUGH.
Mr. Rocchi, Ms. Gomez can you possibly explain this lack of communication with the public? This is not my first attempt to contact them.
So far I have only seen their certs on AtAuction.com and I think we have discussed that site already. Formerly the home of Mr. Burczyk and Mr. Morales.

Why would you pick her to write? ;)

thetruthisoutthere 04-26-2012 11:02 AM

Steve Rocchi Mickey Mantle

3 Attachment(s)
It certainly didn't take long for a Mickey Mantle signed photograph authenticated by Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators (Steve Rocchi) to show up on Ebay.

It didn't last long. It was removed rather quickly. Geez, I wonder why.

Attachment 61989

Attachment 61990

Attachment 61991

thetruthisoutthere 04-26-2012 11:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 987543)

Looks like Steve Rocchi (Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators) is not accepting public submissions.

It also looks like Mr. Rocchi is the primary authenticator for AtAuction.com.

AtAuction.com has sold approximately one dozen of the below Mickey Mantle signed photograph during the past few weeks and forensically examined by Steve Rocchi.

I guess Mr. Rocchi's forensic examination doesn't include a spell check. Gotta love the Milkey Mantle.

Attachment 61994

Attachment 61995

Mr. Zipper 04-26-2012 11:22 AM

Another rat that has sold his name for a few bucks.

mr2686 04-26-2012 11:23 AM

Is that Mickey or Milkey Mantle? :D

RichardSimon 04-26-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr2686 (Post 987565)
Is that Mickey or Milkey Mantle? :D

Milkey Cabrera maybe?? :D

RichardSimon 04-26-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschwade (Post 987550)
Why would you pick her to write? ;)

My motives were pure as the driven snow :D.
It was a choice between Mr. Rocchi and Ms. Gomez,,, not hard to choose there.

drc 04-26-2012 12:14 PM

I would think the email problem was a website design or email setup mixup. I don't know why a company, even a bad one, would intentionally list non-existant emails.

Mr. Zipper 04-26-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drc (Post 987577)
I would think the email problem was a website design or email setup mixup. I don't know why a company, even a bad one, would intentionally list non-existant emails.

To create an appearance of legitimacy to the casual browser. The 1 in 100 who actually try to email them, they can always claim "I didn't get it" or "technical difficulties."

Just speculating... :)

thetruthisoutthere 04-26-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

David, do you really believe that?

Six months and they haven't corrected it yet? Really?

drc 04-26-2012 02:01 PM

I'm not saying stupid businesses don't do stupid things, but that would be a most bizarre marketing technique. Like painting an entrance door on your hobby shop so it looks like a real door to passersby. If you don't really want people to email, simply don't post emails on your company web site.

thetruthisoutthere 04-26-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drc (Post 987623)
I'm not saying a stupid business wouldn't do stupid things, but that would be a most bizarre marketing technique. Like painting an entrance door on your hobby shop, so it looks like a real door to passersby. If you don't really want people to email, simply don't post emails on your company web site.

There is no marketing.

RichardSimon 04-26-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Even if that were true David, the problem has been in existence since day 1 of the website being up. E mails bouncing or contact forms not being answered. This company has not answered one query, and there have been a number of them, since they opened their doors.
And the only authentication they appear to be doing is for AtAuction.com.

thetruthisoutthere 04-26-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 987627)
Even if that were true David, the problem has been in existence since day 1 of the website being up. E mails bouncing or contact forms not being answered. This company has not answered one query, and there have been a number of them, since they opened their doors.
And the only authentication they appear to be doing is for AtAuction.com.

Exactly.

They (GFA) opened their doors on Sept. 12, 2011 and six months later the emails are still bouncing. Please!!!!

drc 04-26-2012 02:25 PM

So your suggestion then would seem to may be a front or a superficiality or whatever, and the web site is merely there to make everything appear legit to the casual collector-- and that a real authentication company website, trying to get customers as most companies try to do, would have such things as working email addresses.

RichardSimon 04-26-2012 02:30 PM

It is hard to say what it is when they never answer any queries but people can draw their own conclusions.
Some collectors here on 54 were interested when they saw the posted rates for authentication ($10-30) but those rates don't mean a thing if you cannot submit any items.

thetruthisoutthere 04-26-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drc (Post 987637)
So your suggestion then would seem to may be a front or a superficiality or whatever, and the web site is merely there to make everything appear legit to the casual collector-- and that a real authentication company website, trying to get customers as most companies try to do, would have such things as working email addresses.

Can you explain otherwise?

thetruthisoutthere 04-26-2012 03:16 PM

Stephen Rocchi GFA, Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators

3 Attachment(s)
Looks like Stephen Rocchi (Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators) and his staff also certifies and grades coins for AtAuction.com.

Attachment 62014

Attachment 62015

Attachment 62016

RichardSimon 04-26-2012 03:37 PM

Pretty interesting marketing tactic as there is ZERO mention of coin grading on their website.
This is quite an interesting company you have there Steve.