Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay's New Authenticity Program (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=317896)

insidethewrapper 04-08-2022 04:39 PM

Ebay's New Authenticity Program

My first experience has been excellent with the ebay authenticity program. I sold an item in an Ebay auction on Sunday, shipped it out on Monday, it arrived at their Ebay address (FL) on Wed from Michigan and arrived at my buyers today (Friday) in Michigan. The speed was a very pleasant transaction for both me and my auction winner. Hope it works this well for everyone.

Leon 04-08-2022 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidethewrapper (Post 2213305)
My first experience has been excellent with the ebay authenticity program. I sold an item in an Ebay auction on Sunday, shipped it out on Monday, it arrived at their Ebay address (FL) on Wed from Michigan and arrived at my buyers today (Friday) in Michigan. The speed was a very pleasant transaction for both me and my auction winner. Hope it works this well for everyone.

Will it be worth the eventual cost, is the question.

T205 GB 04-08-2022 07:53 PM

It is a great concept to protect the buyer and seller as well as eBay and their liabilities. It is nice to hear positive feedback and that you had a great experience with it. I hope you have many more. I am sure at some point if I sell vintage on eBay I will also have to do this for the buyers peace of mind.

Maybe this has been discussed before but, is there any concern that postal, fed ex, UPS, other delivery employees, or their own would target locations? How is ebay going to handle a card when someone trades one out or makes a COU replica and passes it off to an unsuspecting buyer? What is the policy for when packages go missing? Does it all fall on insurance purchased? We know of countless other scenario's that could take place and end bad for all parties involved so I am just curious about it.

Exhibitman 04-09-2022 06:04 PM

If it is anything like eBay Global Shipping Program once the card gets from you to the eBay designated location, your responsibility for mail losses ends. That's why I only sell internationally via the GSP. Similarly, if CSG passes the card as authentic, your risk would be over. If there is a return, it has to go back to CSG to verify it is the same card then back to you.

I wish there was an opt-out for certain sellers. One seller I've been dealing with for 20 years is selling a raw card that would have to go through the eBay program but I'd just as soon not bother since he is trustworthy and our relationship is such that he would make good on a mistake.

bnorth 04-09-2022 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 2213667)
If it is anything like eBay Global Shipping Program once the card gets from you to the eBay designated location, your responsibility for mail losses ends. That's why I only sell internationally via the GSP. Similarly, if CSG passes the card as authentic, your risk would be over. If there is a return, it has to go back to CSG to verify it is the same card then back to you.

I wish there was an opt-out for certain sellers. One seller I've been dealing with for 20 years is selling a raw card that would have to go through the eBay program but I'd just as soon not bother since he is trustworthy and our relationship is such that he would make good on a mistake.

Then why would you use eBay? If he is trusted for 20 years there is no reason to still be buying through eBay.

Exhibitman 04-09-2022 08:58 PM

if you mean I should buy off-eBay, yeah, I probably should. Doesn't change the facts.

conor912 04-10-2022 11:31 AM

If only cards could accumulate frequent flyer miles…

oldeboo 04-10-2022 12:47 PM

If I'm understanding correctly, that sounds like same day service by CSG. That is pretty impressive. Different animal, but after hearing people wait nearly two years for grading results it is a nice breath of fresh air. It will be interesting to see how this service evolves.