Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Open For Bidding - Love of the Game, Fall 2020 Auction (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=291720)

Al C.risafulli 11-13-2020 12:28 AM

Open For Bidding - Love of the Game, Fall 2020 Auction

Hi Everyone:

Hope all is well, and that everyone is safe and healthy.

Just a quick note to let you know that the Love of the Game fall auction is now open for bidding. As we do every year, the auction closes November 28, the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Some interesting items in this auction, including a few tough cabinet photos, a large selection of E135 Collins-McCarthy and H801-8 Boston Store cards, a large selection of 1950s and 60s Boston Red Sox and All-Star Game pennants, and a nice selection of memorabilia.

I always like to pick a favorite item, and I think this time around it's lot #573, a giant team photo of the 1909 Meriden (Connecticut) Police team. That team won the 1909 State Police championship, beating the Waterbury team. Check out the photo, and look at the size of the guy in the back. That's John Bonin, the right fielder - I'm sure when he was on patrol, Meriden was a safe town!

The auction is open for bidding now, but we're also doing something that we've never done before - we've got an "internet only" section this time around, a nd we'll be adding memorabilia pieces to it all through the weekend - there should be dozens of new lots added between now and Monday. Keep checking back!

If you're so inclined, you can visit the auction at https://loveofthegameauctions.com/catalog.aspx

Good luck, and thanks for participating in the auction!

-Al

Casey2296 11-13-2020 01:11 AM

Great looking auction Al, good luck with sale.

ethicsprof 11-13-2020 10:32 AM

Lotg

I must say that I am very thankful for the great auction offered by Al and Sandy. It is such a delight and joy to enter this vintage baseball world though this top shelf medium. wishing you both all the best, Barry

RedsFan1941 11-13-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethicsprof (Post 2034801)
I must say that I am very thankful for the great auction offered by Al and Sandy. It is such a delight and joy to enter this vintage baseball world though this top shelf medium. wishing you both all the best, Barry

see you in six months.

Peter_Spaeth 11-13-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 2034931)
see you in six months.

How many years is it now that this is the only time Barry posts?

sycks22 11-13-2020 07:37 PM

Great auction Al

MVSNYC 11-13-2020 08:18 PM

Good luck, Al! I'm a bidder.

tiger8mush 11-13-2020 08:25 PM

Every time you guys post, I receive another "outbid" email from LOTG :)

Bicem 11-16-2020 12:25 AM

Cobb-mania, good luck Al.

pawpawdiv9 12-01-2020 12:43 PM

FYI- i just received the LOTG catalog today....well the auction already ended.
Wish to end the catalog service and do online from now, since i mainly do it anyways and save some paper.

Snapolit1 12-01-2020 12:52 PM

I received mine the day auction was ending.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 2040679)
FYI- i just received the LOTG catalog today....well the auction already ended.
Wish to end the catalog service and do online from now, since i mainly do it anyways and save some paper.

insidethewrapper 12-01-2020 12:57 PM

Lately I've been receiving many of the catalogs after the Auction Date.

Al C.risafulli 12-01-2020 04:39 PM

USPS has been pretty notoriously slow as of late, unfortunately. We mailed those catalogs by priority mail, all should've been received before Thanksgiving, but as we can see, it didn't work out that way for some folks.

I got mine in plenty of time, but unfortunately, I can't bid in the auction. :)

Chris, I'll get you removed from the mail list - thanks!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the auction, as a consignor or a bidder. Hopefully once the holidays are over and the pandemic has started to fade, there will be less strain on the USPS and those hard-working folks will catch up and then maybe take some well-deserved vacation time!

-Al