Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Scammer on our BST (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=232872)

Leon 12-23-2016 06:31 PM

Scammer on our BST

So there is most probably a scammer on our BST. His user id, just now banned, is Collector. He posted he wanted to buy (he said PM sent) the T206 Green Cobby currently on the BST. That card is being sold by a gentleman who has been on the board only a couple of days. He and I got to know each other as when I saw what he was selling, and how long he had been on the board, I picked up the phone and called. He picked up the phone, we chatted and all is good. That was earlier today. I get an email a little while ago from him asking about another member that has been here for 7 mos but has 0 (now has 1) posts. He bought the card and paid with PP. I checked into it and it is not the person's name who registered and they have a bad phone number. I believe the guy is a total scammer based on what I am seeing....The ship to is a UPS store in CO.. The guy he is sending it to has a recent (2 yrs ago) conviction of ID theft/making credit cards...the plot thickens. But admittedly I can't be 100% sure it is a scam. I am sure there is a fake registration on file. That I am sure of.
This is a cautionary tale of buyer beware on the BST. It is safe only if we use our heads. More to come on this situation but if you are doing a deal with our banned member, Collector, don't do it. I know the scammers real name but don't want to put it out here yet. There is also a chance this thread goes poof....so that is a heads up for this thread. There is a little more to this story I can't divulge right now.....thanks

campyfan39 12-23-2016 06:44 PM

Interdaresting!
Thanks for all you do

BruceinGa 12-23-2016 06:54 PM

Thanks Leon

Cobra Kai 12-23-2016 07:23 PM

Thank you sir!

EvilKing00 12-23-2016 08:28 PM

Sounds interesting.. the scammer is a buyer, who paid for a high end card... hmmm hope he didnt use my paypal account . Thanks leon

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-23-2016 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilKing00 (Post 1613521)
Sounds interesting.. the scammer is a buyer, who paid for a high end card... hmmm hope he didnt use my paypal account . Thanks leon

I imagine he was going to file a paypal dispute with the aim of getting the card for free.

mechanicalman 12-23-2016 08:42 PM

On a less serious side note, I was blown away that "collector" was still available as a moniker.

Rookiemonster 12-23-2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mechanicalman (Post 1613525)
On a less serious side note, I was blown away that "collector" was still available as a moniker.

Same here haha great sleuth work Leon !

Ps I also thought the plot was pretty darn thick .

btryin 12-24-2016 05:52 AM

Nice to be part of a group where the admin (as well as other members) is looking out for questionable activity. Thanks!