Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1919 World Series Tix on Ebay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=156645)

Shoeless Moe 09-15-2012 05:35 PM

1919 World Series Tix on Ebay

I'm confused. Did someone buy this for 1500 on 8/22 (seller in Ohio)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1919-WORLD-S...p2047675.l2557

then resell it on 9/14 for 1175 (seller in Washington) - sold it as buy it now, so didn't have to accept the lower price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1919-black-s...p2047675.l2557

(I wonder if the 2nd seller is a fraud)

Scott Garner 09-15-2012 06:22 PM

I was thinking the same thing Paul. :rolleyes:

thecatspajamas 09-15-2012 07:06 PM

Seems suspect that the second seller would mention that they "just got graded from PSA" and yet not mention the grade or show the flip. For that matter, the second seller simply re-used the image from the first seller's listing (not re-scanned, same exact image, evidenced by exact match of discoloration spots in the background).

Shoeless Moe 09-15-2012 07:25 PM

I know

he "pays to get it graded" then does a buy it now for less. Makes sense to me.

The worlds worst/dumbest flipper

ATP 09-15-2012 08:04 PM

This guy has been talked about here quite a bit and on other forums. Has a history of doing this, and is a serial non paying buyer on eBay.

Leon 09-17-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATP (Post 1036797)
This guy has been talked about here quite a bit and on other forums. Has a history of doing this, and is a serial non paying buyer on eBay.

Well that sucks :).

Big Six 09-17-2012 08:43 AM

Is that Joey back in action???

Leon 09-17-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Six (Post 1037110)
Is that Joey back in action???

Yes, it looks to be. The same guy that went ballistic on me with his registration. I also got a call from a very good hobby friend yesterday (or the day before) telling me this same person JoeyF/ItalianZ stiffed him on about 4k of ebay stuff. He said that this Joey guy told him he had a break in and everything was stolen. The only problem with that is my friend was contacted by someone else in the last few days telling him this guy used the same story on him a week or so ago. With 20/20 hindsight I am very glad this idiot isn't on our board.

ATP 09-17-2012 08:36 PM

Yes, that is him and yes he also did not pay on over 4k worth of items from me, unfortunately i did not have him on my block list. And I am not the person who called Leon, at least now I know I am in good company for getting stiffed for large dollar amounts. He gave me a different story as to why he couldn't pay. With how many times he has been reported for not paying, it's frustrating that eBay doesn't take a stronger stance.

Bocabirdman 09-17-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1037153)
Yes, it looks to be. The same guy that went ballistic on me with his registration. I also got a call from a very good hobby friend yesterday (or the day before) telling me this same person JoeyF/ItalianZ stiffed him on about 4k of ebay stuff. He said that this Joey guy told him he had a break in and everything was stolen. The only problem with that is my friend was contacted by someone else in the last few days telling him this guy used the same story on him a week or so ago. With 20/20 hindsight I am very glad this idiot isn't on our board.

Leon, what is the advantage for this fool bidding on stuff and then not paying? The vendor is out the sale for sure. He has to re-list it and that is a pain in the butt. What does JoeyF/ItalianZ get, some warped thrill out of winning the auction? If I am missing something it would not be the first time (nor the last:D) I am lost.

peterose4hof 09-18-2012 02:56 PM

Added him to my blocked bidder list. Thanks for keeping riff raff like this off the B/S/T Leon. Well done!

Wymers Auction 09-19-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bocabirdman (Post 1037267)
Leon, what is the advantage for this fool bidding on stuff and then not paying? The vendor is out the sale for sure. He has to re-list it and that is a pain in the butt. What does JoeyF/ItalianZ get, some warped thrill out of winning the auction? If I am missing something it would not be the first time (nor the last:D) I am lost.

I think he wins an auction delays paying for it and tries to resell it for more and is probably having a bogus account bid on these items. If it does not bring enough then he does not pay for the item he won. My guess anyways.

Bocabirdman 09-19-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wymers Auction (Post 1037564)
I think he wins an auction delays paying for it and tries to resell it for more and is probably having a bogus account bid on these items. If it does not bring enough then he does not pay for the item he won. My guess anyways.

Thank you for explaining. I see now that there is a shady reason. I had never thought of that scenerio, what a complete ass!!:mad: