Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay seller scam story-Paul Slapnicker Pauld49 BEWARE (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=285077)

Louisville_Hugger 10-07-2022 09:35 AM

Someone is gonna end up paying Paul a visit. You push the wrong person or f with the wrong person’s money and you find out…..

commishbob 10-07-2022 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bass37 (Post 2271017)
I have seen many posts about a certain guy. But my belief is that how can anyone claim they can identify a certain card unless they tampered with it. In that case it should have been sold to any buyer. To me every card has the same marks on it. You should stop bullying this guy. It's not the mature way.

Referring to yourself as 'a certain guy' bumps this from amusing to potentially a classic thread. How's the FB group with all those reprint Mantles going?

Yoda 10-07-2022 10:53 AM

Remember, Paul, we know where you live (I think).

G1911 10-07-2022 10:58 AM

Okay we've gone from a scammer posting BS to what appear to be two threats of violence, and the morning is just getting going.

Who's got the Michael Jackson popcorn gif?

Exhibitman 10-07-2022 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinD (Post 2271046)

I have a strong suspicion this chain is going to be a board meme for many years to come if it keeps progressing like this, maybe start threatening Archive.

I like applesauce.

Whilst we are amused by your antics, Archive, it will not prevent us from assembling a world-class collection.

Leon 10-07-2022 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commishbob (Post 2271109)
Referring to yourself as 'a certain guy' bumps this from amusing to potentially a classic thread. How's the FB group with all those reprint Mantles going?

So far he hasn't realized I put his name under his id. He is still just the guy everyone is berating, thinking he is unknown. I, too, am waiting for Archive to post. Next he might try to sue himself!!

bass37 10-07-2022 05:10 PM

The guy has a perfect ebay record. You are confused. Noone is perfect.

JollyElm 10-07-2022 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Let me help Mr. Slaphappy out, so he can see what the rest of us do...

Attachment 537287

G1911 10-07-2022 05:50 PM

How does he still not notice? 30 IQ moves here.

ullmandds 10-07-2022 05:57 PM

Jimmy likes elaine.

JollyElm 10-07-2022 06:23 PM

It's no surprise that, in English slang, to "nick" something (as in Slapnicker) is to steal.

Fraud
The illicit senses of 'nick' start in the later 16th century in reference to what was later 'chiseling': cheating or defrauding debtors and the poor for one's own benefit (sense III.15.a).

"How doth he nick the debter now by hault exacting wayes."

Mark17 10-07-2022 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2271222)
It's no surprise that, in English slang, to "nick" something (as in Slapnicker) is to steal.

Fraud
The illicit senses of 'nick' start in the later 16th century in reference to what was later 'chiseling': cheating or defrauding debtors and the poor for one's own benefit (sense III.15.a).

"How doth he nick the debter now by hault exacting wayes."

And I thought the name had to do with other inappropriate behavior:

knick·ers (nĭk′ərz)
pl.n.
a. Long bloomers formerly worn as underwear by women and girls.
b. Chiefly British Panties.
2. Full breeches gathered and banded just below the knee.
[Short for knickerbockers.]

Slapping such might result in receiving a slap in return.

Tabe 10-08-2022 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bass37 (Post 2271200)
The guy has a perfect ebay record. You are confused. Noone is perfect.

I don't know who "Noone" is but I'm pretty certain he or she is not perfect.

brianp-beme 10-08-2022 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2271203)
Let me help Mr. Slaphappy out, so he can see what the rest of us do...

Attachment 537287

bass37 (p@ul slap.nicker) is obviously not this Paul Slapnicker character. For one thing, the 'p' and 's' are not capitalized. And there is an '@' symbol instead of an 'a', and a period is between the 'slap' and the 'nicker'.

Thus in conclusion, two different people who have somewhat similar (but when closely examined, not really) names.

Brian

JollyElm 10-08-2022 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 2271297)
bass37 (p@ul slap.nicker) is obviously not this Paul Slapnicker character. For one thing, the 'p' and 's' are not capitalized. And there is an '@' symbol instead of an 'a', and a period is between the 'slap' and the 'nicker'.

Thus in conclusion, two different people who have somewhat similar (but when closely examined, not really) names.

Brian

What's the over/under for the number of members who don't pick up on your facetiousness? :D

earlywynnfan 10-08-2022 06:06 AM

Danny Noone wasn't perfect, but he made the final putt thanks to a gopher

bass37 10-08-2022 08:56 AM

I don't know what you members are talking about. He has a perfect score on ebay for over 20 years. How many of you can say that. I think the bullying should stop. Please don't act like 12-year-old children in here.

Carter08 10-08-2022 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bass37 (Post 2271364)
I don't know what you members are talking about. He has a perfect score on ebay for over 20 years. How many of you can say that. I think the bullying should stop. Please don't act like 12-year-old children in here.

“He” lol

EddieP 10-08-2022 09:24 AM

This thread has become too funny:D

Flintboy 10-08-2022 09:36 AM

The potential for this to be an all time classic thread is building every day.

EddieP 10-08-2022 09:39 AM

Quote:

Why are you defending him? Are you related to this guy? I doubt you even know him. People here have done business with this guy.

Eric72 10-08-2022 09:39 AM

Quote:

1 - I don't know what you members are talking about.

We're commenting on Paul Slapnicker, a person against whom evidence has been presented related to fraudulent activity against one or more members of Net54.

2 - He has a perfect score on ebay for over 20 years.

Whereas it pertains to someone performing scams as a buyer, that's largely irrelevant. It is not possible for sellers to leave negative or neutral feedback for a buyer.

3 - How many of you can say that.

I can. So can many others on Net54.

4 - I think the bullying should stop.

Thanks for offering your opinions. However, some people would not consider anything posted within this thread to qualify as "bullying." There are differences between bullying and calling out a fraudulent actor. Bullying is offensive, in more ways than one. Calling out a scammer is much more of a defensive mechanism, used to safeguard and protect a community.

5 - Please don't act like 12-year-old children in here.

Good luck with that. You're addressing a group of individuals who collect pieces of cardboard with pictures of long-dead sporting men.

[/QUOTE]

brianp-beme 10-08-2022 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2271300)
What's the over/under for the number of members who don't pick up on your facetiousness? :D

Including, it seems, the perp himself.

Brian

BillyCoxDodgers3B 10-08-2022 10:28 AM

Anyone for some Steak n' Chop?

G1911 10-08-2022 10:36 AM

I can’t think of a PC way to describe the immensity of this man’s stupidity. It’s been pointed out directly several times, even with screenshots, and he doesn’t get it. Classic

robw1959 10-08-2022 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlietheexterminator (Post 1992586)
It absolutely sucks, sorry to hear this happened to you. Be patient, you might see it again.
It was about 15 years ago, I sold a T206 Cobb Red to some guy in Canada. The crook said he never received it even though I had USPS insured tracking on it. I contacted eBay, at that time, they said they can’t track packages going to Canada. I let it go, I proceeded to check this guys eBay twice a week. A little over a year went by and there it was, the crook posted my card for sale. I contacted eBay, I was refunded. Good Luck

Wow . . . eBay really had your back at that time. It seems as though the eBay seller keeps getting less and less of that kind of coverage as time goes by.

robw1959 10-08-2022 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbsports (Post 1992710)
For years I have paid with postal money order. They protect the buyer as they have their own lawyers. Years ago I won a 1968 Topps Mantle PSA 8. In the mail right before I received the card, he sent me the tracking number saying all sales are final. I received a 68 Mantle ungraded with creases and divots in the card. I contacted the postal authorities, filled out their form, and they tracked the customer down. Not only did I receive my money back, I filed criminal charges against the seller for fraud.

This is so good to know! If anyone can track them down, it's the Post Office.

boneheadandrube 10-08-2022 10:55 AM

Why do keep thinking the name is Paul Puckslapper?

Leon 10-08-2022 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
FYI, Upon registration I called good ole "guy" and we had a pleasant enough chat. I only told him, something like, it looks like you have some issues going on. I forget what he told me but don't think he understood exactly what I said. Just wanted to throw it out there that he is a very confirmed member :).....until this saga is over. Then, probably not so much.

and a miscut F50 as it is seems fitting, somehow.

bobbyw8469 10-08-2022 12:47 PM

The problem I have with the whole ordeal is that it looks like he stole someone's card and put it in his own collection to sell. That is theft.

Leon 10-08-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 2271435)
The problem I have with the whole ordeal is that it looks like he stole someone's card and put it in his own collection to sell. That is theft.

I think that is what we all have an issue with, except the guy. :)

D. Bergin 10-08-2022 12:58 PM

I used to think the flat-earther movement was a satirical or ironic group meant for chuckles and guffaws...similar to the "Birds Aren't Real" gang.

My daughter, who's more entrenched in internet culture then myself, pointed out to me, through dozens of sincere and earnest videos and testimonials, that it is in fact, not satirical at all.

Rather then being amused, it depressed me that people with this type of cognitive understanding of the world, not only exist, but exist in much greater numbers, and across more types of demographics then I could have ever imagined.

Either this Paul Slapnicker is a character straight out of a mid-90's Jim Carrey movie, in which case it's almost sad... or he's a straight up troll putting on a persona through a fictional character, to steal cheap baseball cards and garner ego points for riling up a vintage sports card chat forum.

I'm not sure which one is more depressing. :(:(

npa589 10-08-2022 01:21 PM

Alright - I'm all caught up.

Wow.

quinnsryche 10-08-2022 01:32 PM

I don't know who "Noone" is but I'm pretty certain he or she is not perfect.

Wasn't he the singer for Herman's Hermit's? :D

Dead-Ball-Hitter 10-08-2022 01:35 PM

Me>> "Hi is this Paul Puckpicker?"

Paul>> "Picksucker"

Me>> "Oh sorry Paul, my bad. Hey I heard you stole a few cards from a fellow board member, any comment?"

Paul>> "Listen, I'm a US postal worker and my mail truck is frequently ambushed by a band of backwoods, package-hating, survivalists. Maybe that's what happened to these items. Plus, I don't trust the seller. I think he regifted, then he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super bowl sex romp."

Me>> "Yeah, uh, interesting... So Paul, we all know what you did. Just give back what you took and all is forgiven."

Paul>> "I have an eye patch, I'm a pirate, sailors and sellers beware!"

Transcript of an actual conversation...
...Kidding of course

ALR-bishop 10-08-2022 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 2271320)
Danny Noone wasn't perfect, but he made the final putt thanks to a gopher

And played ball under an alias

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albu...370&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albu...370&fit=bounds

bass37 10-08-2022 05:16 PM

If you guys intend to punish a man for having a higher ebay rating than you. Then you are tossing around accusations for no other reason but to damage his repudiation on ebay and face book just so you can sell more. Wow, you guys are like crying 3rd graders.You should give it up guys and just try to enjoy your hobby.

Kutcher55 10-08-2022 05:22 PM

We would enjoy the hobby much more if lying, scamming scumbags like you were consistently brought to Justice. Do you even believe your own lies at this point, man?

Kutcher55 10-08-2022 06:18 PM

And in light of the evidence presented, every single additional post makes you look more and more despicable, calling people children when you act like a 3 year old. Oh the hypocrisy. And you think people are doing this to help their own sales? Wtf man? How can you even look at yourself in the mirror?

If it’s all just a carefully planned ruse then nice job I guess.

ullmandds 10-08-2022 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bass37 (Post 2271540)
If you guys intend to punish a man for having a higher ebay rating than you. Then you are tossing around accusations for no other reason but to damage his repudiation on ebay and face book just so you can sell more. Wow, you guys are like crying 3rd graders.You should give it up guys and just try to enjoy your hobby.

repudiation?

67airborne 10-08-2022 06:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=bass37
You should give it up guys and just try to enjoy your hobby

bass37 10-08-2022 07:05 PM

Geese, you guys are something else. Thats not what I heard at all. I was told he found the cards, but the seller blocked him before he had a chance to correct it. He opened the paypal dispute to flush this immature person out. I guess he did right. Thats what you get when you block someone. Goodnight children.

babraham 10-08-2022 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bass37 (Post 2271598)
Geese, you guys are something else. Thats not what I heard at all. I was told he found the cards, but the seller blocked him before he had a chance to correct it. He opened the paypal dispute to flush this immature person out. I guess he did right. Thats what you get when you block someone. Goodnight children.

"He"?

Eric72 10-08-2022 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Geese?

G1911 10-08-2022 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bass37 (Post 2271540)

“Damage his repudiation” lol. Still hasn’t figured out we all can see who he actually is. You have to try to be this mentally disabled.

commishbob 10-08-2022 08:59 PM

He's gotta know and he's just playing along, or trolling us, right? I mean he's gotta know his damm name is right there. C'mon, man.

Because if he isn't aware by now then he's the dimmest of dimbulbs.

EddieP 10-08-2022 09:03 PM

Quote:

I suspect you are he,

Jim65 10-08-2022 10:30 PM

Quote:

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Jewish-collector 10-08-2022 10:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is one of those threads that ya just gotta say, "WTF" Attachment 537423Attachment 537423Attachment 537423Attachment 537423Attachment 537423

robw1959 10-09-2022 12:41 AM

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before in the ten years I've been on this forum . . . a thread where the OP is calling out a scammer, and the scammer then responds by pretending to be a neutral party to it all, but is really the scammer himself and seems to be oblivious to the fact that all of us know this! We didn't even have this kind of merry-go-round with Battlefield Vintage. It's kind of epic, really.