Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Pettitte Re-signs with Yanks (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=118483)

canjond 12-09-2009 02:25 PM

Pettitte Re-signs with Yanks

$11.75 million. I think this was a good move.

Leon 12-09-2009 02:28 PM

woops

Quote:

Originally Posted by canjond (Post 766551)
$11.75 million. I think this was a good move.

'
And I thought he resigned.....as in "left" them. :confused:

Personally, I think any time a baseball player makes almost 12 million a year it's a good thing for the player...and I know some make more but still, that ain't chicken feed.

canjond 12-09-2009 02:39 PM

Good point Leon - I revised the title!

Rich Klein 12-09-2009 05:26 PM

He showed he still had something left

And this is a reasonable contract. I suspect the Yankees had a game plan going into the off-season and have so far executed perfectly. Of course; you never know until you get on the field. But they have upgraded their outfield defence with a player who apparently is a good fit for their ball park and kept one of their troika of starting pitchers.

Probably one-two big moves left and perhaps some small ones as well.

Rich

Abravefan11 12-09-2009 05:29 PM

It's fascinating to me the difference between the way he handled the PED situation compared to Clemons and Bonds and where he is today compared to the other two.

Rich Klein 12-10-2009 03:59 AM

Tim

Like so many other issues in today's world; those who admit their mistakes; ask for forgiveness and get some "confession" out get treated better than those who stonewall or just deny.

Latest examples; one Eldrick Woods. If he had come "clean" immediately about everything with the accident. Then you would have had a few days of this and then forgotten. Now, he is for now the 24/7 news. Of course; if and when he wins his next major, this all goes away.

Regards
Rich

Leon 12-10-2009 06:42 AM

maybe for the public but.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 766674)
Like so many other issues in today's world; those who admit their mistakes; ask for forgiveness and get some "confession" out get treated better than those who stonewall or just deny.

Latest examples; one Eldrick Woods. If he had come "clean" immediately about everything with the accident. Then you would have had a few days of this and then forgotten. Now, he is for now the 24/7 news. Of course; if and when he wins his next major, this all goes away.

Regards
Rich

If/when Tiger wins his next major it might go away in the public eye, but not so much in his wife's eye, I would bet. :eek:

canjond 12-10-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 766692)
If/when Tiger wins his next major it might go away in the public eye, but not so much in his wife's eye, I would bet. :eek:

I think that will all depend on the re-negotiated prenup.

teetwoohsix 12-10-2009 12:44 PM

Rich,you nailed it.I have so many cards-that I thought would be worth something decades from now(Bonds,Clemmens,McGwire,etc.)-then the steroid wall crashed down:mad:
Back to the thread(sorry)-
I had a feeling he would stay with the Yankees-they love him in N.Y.,and he is an awesome pitcher.
I am a Dodger fan,so I must say-I hope the Yankees go down next year!!!!:D:D:D