Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Stadium Seats (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180544)

ooo-ribay 10-03-2016 06:35 AM

I'm looking for Candlestick seats but am not willing to pay $700. Anyone got a lead?

khkco4bls 10-03-2016 07:12 AM

Just so you guys that collect seats know the triple row Polo Grounds seats the Brooklyn Dodgers seat and Yankees bleacher bench are going up for auction in REA this month. The Yankees bleacher bench is fiberglass not aluminum super rare....

mcgwirecom 10-04-2016 02:46 PM

Forbes Field seats

1 Attachment(s)
I posted these in the memorabilia section a few months ago but not on here. I bought them in rough shape from Huggins & Scott Auctions. Cleaned them up and had to replace one slat and added a new base. Painted them grey which I believe was the last color. thiis is my 5th seat from an old stadium. I have Crosley Field, Cleveland Municiple, Yankee Stadium I, Comiskey Park and now Forbes.

ooo-ribay 06-13-2017 01:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got this home from San Francisco. My "luggage" got a few looks in the airport. :p

71buc 06-13-2017 02:44 PM

Congrats!

ooo-ribay 06-13-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71buc (Post 1670635)
Congrats!

Thanks. Getting a single worked out well because I really have no room for a pair.

yankeesjetsfan 06-15-2017 03:03 PM

I would love to own Yankee Stadium seats one day. Even if they are bleacher seats.

Mike

RTK 06-17-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeesjetsfan (Post 1671369)
I would love to own Yankee Stadium seats one day. Even if they are bleacher seats.

Mike

I'd like to get an Ebbets Field seat despite the park being gone before I was born. I like the old historic parks, the first steal and concrete ones. I really only have room for one more seat, maybe two, Fenway (wood), Cleveland (wood) and County Stadium in Milwaukee would be cool since I saw games played there. Yankee Stadium because of it's place in baseball history would be great as would Forbes.

I have Comiskey, Wrigley (3) one of which is bleacher, Polo Grounds, Crosley and Chicago Stadium

crater64 05-18-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroCPA (Post 1590573)
Anyone get any new stadium seat additions lately? I love these things and am still trying to figure out how to economically get one from Orlando to Wisconsin!

Did you buy any of the old Tinker Field/Griffith Stadium seats? I bought a pair and I've been lurking here trying to figure out how best to restore them.

RedsFan1941 05-18-2018 07:49 PM

did anyone here get the league park seat in REA? it was a great example!

mrozie21 05-18-2018 09:01 PM

If have a league park seat available

chlankf 05-24-2018 01:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is one of my seats, Tigers. Also a pic of my Property of the Des Moines Bruins seat cushion. I also have 2 Metrodone seats as well as a row of seats from the last Second Taylor Stadium remodel, all hanging in my shed.

rschisler 02-16-2019 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I picked up my first set of stadium seats last week. Would anyone happen to have a connection to track down a replacement back slat for the one missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mcgwirecom 02-17-2019 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice group. Commiskey Park right? I just picked up a trio of Shibe Park seats.

ooo-ribay 02-17-2019 01:56 PM

I love stadium seats....although shipping and displaying can be a bit of a drawback. :p

Huck 02-17-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1855459)
I love stadium seats....although shipping and displaying can be a bit of a drawback. :p

I think the stadium seats are cool as well. When I was about to start a stadium seat collection a fellow collecting friend said "the seats are uncomfortable as heck at the stadium, would you actually sit in the seats at home?" I thought he made a valid point and I have yet to purchase a seat. There is also the issue of space which is limited. More power to you seat collectors.

rschisler 02-17-2019 03:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yep, picked up the Comiskey set of four last week and nabbed a set of two Wrigley and an earlier Comiskey yesterday. Busy couple of weeks! I really liked those Shibe Seats too. I thought you got a good deal on those, congrats Randall!

ooo-ribay 02-18-2019 08:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by biohazard (Post 1855463)
I think the stadium seats are cool as well. When I was about to start a stadium seat collection a fellow collecting friend said "the seats are uncomfortable as heck at the stadium, would you actually sit in the seats at home?" I thought he made a valid point and I have yet to purchase a seat. There is also the issue of space which is limited. More power to you seat collectors.

I had a rather "portly" friend sit on my Seals Stadium cushion. I had to politely ask to to not sit on it (lest it "explode" its filling). :p

Td8237 02-18-2019 06:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Crosley field seat.

mcgwirecom 02-20-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rschisler (Post 1855496)
Yep, picked up the Comiskey set of four last week and nabbed a set of two Wrigley and an earlier Comiskey yesterday. Busy couple of weeks! I really liked those Shibe Seats too. I thought you got a good deal on those, congrats Randall!

I was hoping the Shibe Seats were circa 1909 because the picture didn't show a side view. They were actually correct in stating they were circa 1930. Sean Walsh at Old Stadium Seats told me they were either put in in 1927 or 1934. But still pretty cool since they witnessed Some of Jimmie Foxx's HRs, Ted Williams .406 season ending game and Babe Ruth's last game. (among other things)

doug.goodman 02-22-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1855459)

I have Wrigley seats in my den, Dodger Stadium in my living room, and Tiger Stadium buried in the garage because the lovely wife said "enough".

Doug "but where will I sit?" Goodman

mrozie21 02-23-2019 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love the seats, here’s some of mine

apbaker85 03-01-2019 08:18 PM

I am in the process of restoring a Crosley Field seat. This seat is the older style that were taken to the fairgrounds after 1970 and painted gray. My question for the experts is what was the original color of these seats. My research has shown people tend to restore them two different ways. The more popular way seems to be a forest green color while some restore them to more of a lighter green more closer to a teal color. I am in the sanding process and I can see this light green color all throughout the wood so that is the direction I am leaning. Any information from you experts or Reds fans who were blessed with being able to see Crosley first hand is greatly appreciated not only for my restoration but also my knowledge of the field.

mcgwirecom 03-01-2019 09:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I repainted mine in dark green. I think this was the last color at Crosley. Got Rose to sign it.

RTK 03-02-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apbaker85 (Post 1859281)
I am in the process of restoring a Crosley Field seat. This seat is the older style that were taken to the fairgrounds after 1970 and painted gray. My question for the experts is what was the original color of these seats. My research has shown people tend to restore them two different ways. The more popular way seems to be a forest green color while some restore them to more of a lighter green more closer to a teal color. I am in the sanding process and I can see this light green color all throughout the wood so that is the direction I am leaning. Any information from you experts or Reds fans who were blessed with being able to see Crosley first hand is greatly appreciated not only for my restoration but also my knowledge of the field.

I also have one of the Crosley seats taken out in 1970 and painted gray. I'm assuming those were the original seats from day one of Crosley. I'm considering repainting it to it's original color but I'm not sure what color that would have been, red I assume. I'm curious if any original paint is beneath the gray. If I could get strip down to it's original patina, that would be great.

RTK 03-02-2019 08:23 AM

deleted ( double post)

Trublubrucru 03-05-2019 10:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my seat from Milwaukee County Stadium. I really like the wear and tear of years of use. I count 3 paint jobs. Original dark green, then light teal, and the top coat of medium green. The seat numbers were stamped into the wood slats instead of being painted on.
When the stadium was torn down in 2001, the Brewers presold seats and the #4(Molitor) and#19(Yount) were the first to go and have always been at a premium. I didn't get one at that time.
Fast forward 15 years. A buddy of mine had a coworker abruptly leave his company and left the seat in my pal's office. He didn't have the room for it, so he thought of me. Sometimes stuff just finds you

rschisler 07-02-2020 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wondering if the experts could offer any help here! I picked up this Connie Mack set a while back and was trying to add a few things to go with it for display. Anyone have any idea as to a timeframe for this style of seat and the grey/green paint scheme? I'd always assumed the Red Ribbon style were the originals and these came in sometime after, especially since this style of seat seems to match the same ones put in at Wrigley, Comiskey, Milwaukee, etc. in the 40s & 50s, but every color photo I've seen from the 60s shows the seats being red again, so had a hard time figuring on the grey. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan