Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TNT Sportscards (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=333899)

uyu906 04-07-2023 06:10 PM

TNT Sportscards

I believe I was just scammed by this ebay seller tntnorthnj. I won an auction from him for a 1964 Richie Allen RC. He accepted my payment, then I did not hear from him for 3 days. Ok, I understand stuff happens. The day I contacted him about when the item would ship, he immediately sends me a notice that the package now has a tracking number. By 4pm the tracking number says SHIPMENT RECEIVED ACCEPTANCE PENDING
TALLMAN, NY 10982

It then stalled in that position from the 4th-7th in USPS tracking. I did not NOT contact anyone about this, as I was hopeful it would move out into the in transit category of the USPS tracking site. However, I get a message from Ebay today that the seller has cancelled my auction order. I did not ask for this to be cancelled or my money back.

The guy has a large amount ebay sales and is rated highyly by ebay. However, after this happened I dug further into his ebay reputation and see that he has over 400 negatives over the last 12 months. A number of the negs describing a similar problem with the same scam.

Anyone know this guy or deal with him? What is this scam gaining for him? Is he doing this when a card sells for less than they hoped?

I know I should not have just looked at the ebay rating which is still outstanding - I guess because of the quantity of cards he sells.

Be warned -

Rich Saylor

G1911 04-07-2023 06:32 PM

Sounds like he never actually shipped it. Some of his feedback is pretty wild reading it. Some of these other negatives I just don’t get it. He got zinged with one for “Continues to put unremovable tags on the top loader…. So I have to replace it…”

I have bought small lots and sets, maybe a box or two, from them without issue. Never anything notable.

x2drich2000 04-07-2023 06:54 PM

I think this might be the same guy whose been discussed a few other times on the board.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=206862

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?p=1867599

Fred 04-07-2023 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uyu906 (Post 2330392)
I believe I was just scammed by this ebay seller tntnorthnj. I won an auction from him for a 1964 Richie Allen RC. He accepted my payment, then I did not hear from him for 3 days. Ok, I understand stuff happens. The day I contacted him about when the item would ship, he immediately sends me a notice that the package now has a tracking number. By 4pm the tracking number says SHIPMENT RECEIVED ACCEPTANCE PENDING
TALLMAN, NY 10982

It then stalled in that position from the 4th-7th in USPS tracking. I did not NOT contact anyone about this, as I was hopeful it would move out into the in transit category of the USPS tracking site. However, I get a message from Ebay today that the seller has cancelled my auction order. I did not ask for this to be cancelled or my money back.

The guy has a large amount ebay sales and is rated highyly by ebay. However, after this happened I dug further into his ebay reputation and see that he has over 400 negatives over the last 12 months. A number of the negs describing a similar problem with the same scam.

Anyone know this guy or deal with him? What is this scam gaining for him? Is he doing this when a card sells for less than they hoped?

I know I should not have just looked at the ebay rating which is still outstanding - I guess because of the quantity of cards he sells.

Be warned -

Rich Saylor

Wow, 400 negs and mostly for the same reason? There's a lesson learned. Sorry to hear things aren't working out smoothly, but 400 negs and I'd have been moving on to the next seller.

uyu906 04-07-2023 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred (Post 2330419)
Wow, 400 negs and mostly for the same reason? There's a lesson learned. Sorry to hear things aren't working out smoothly, but 400 negs and I'd have been moving on to the next seller.

Unfortunately, I made the winning bid without digging into all of his negs. I relied on him being rated so highly by ebay. Apparently if you sell enough on ebay, getting over 400 negs in 1 year doesn't matter.

Peter_Spaeth 04-07-2023 09:25 PM

I guess he isn't a dynamite seller.

brianp-beme 04-07-2023 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2330445)
I guess he isn't a dynamite seller.

And the shipping location is identified as 'Tallman, NY'. Which makes it Not North New Jersey, no matter how close Tallman is to the New Jersey border.

Strike two on their Ebay ID.

Brian

ALBB 04-08-2023 06:01 AM

ebay

somewhat surprising.. Ive won loads from him and he sells loads

mrreality68 04-08-2023 06:29 AM

I have no experience with him but I wonder if he sells more than he can handle and is overwhelmed as a result.

Regardless he needs to figure it out it is a lot of negative reviews and most with similar issues

bnorth 04-08-2023 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uyu906 (Post 2330429)
Unfortunately, I made the winning bid without digging into all of his negs. I relied on him being rated so highly by ebay. Apparently if you sell enough on ebay, getting over 400 negs in 1 year doesn't matter.

400 really isn't that many. Probstein has well over 3 times than many and people will line up to tell you how great he is.

chalupacollects 04-08-2023 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 2330450)
And the shipping location is identified as 'Tallman, NY'. Which makes it Not North New Jersey, no matter how close Tallman is to the New Jersey border.

Brian

Tallman is right on NJ border. They are in either Ramsey or Mahwah so Tallman may be closest PO. TNT does have a rep of selling very bad autos on cards too boot as noted on other threads...

Jim65 04-09-2023 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 2330450)

Brian

He's been on EBay since 1998, its possible he moved in that 25 years and didn't want to change his handle.

Directly 04-09-2023 07:20 AM

If a seller keeps your money and the card, yeah you got scammed, I assume you were refunded. The R Allen RC is trending, so I suspect your bid was less than the seller was looking to get-( not ethical on the sellers part )-MOO

bobbyw8469 04-10-2023 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 2330714)
If a seller keeps your money and the card, yeah you got scammed, I assume you were refunded. The R Allen RC is trending, so I suspect your bid was less than the seller was looking to get-( not ethical on the sellers part )-MOO

I've sold so many cards cheaply lately that I am beginning to wonder what is going on. It still never crossed my mind not to ship them though. He needs to grow a pair.

bnorth 04-10-2023 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 2330914)
I've sold so many cards cheaply lately that I am beginning to wonder what is going on. It still never crossed my mind not to ship them though. He needs to grow a pair.

Unfortunately there has always been a few that never ship if their cards don't get as much as they want.

I don't sell much on eBay but have also noticed lower prices. Even a lot of stuff that sold for good prices before that don't even get opening bids now.

LEHR 04-10-2023 10:41 AM

I doubt it was a scam as there is noting to gain. This guy sells a ton and probably isn't very good tracking his inventory. I've bought from this seller 6-8 times and never had a problem.