Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What's the real story on Mike Trout? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=307345)

Peter_Spaeth 09-01-2021 02:17 PM

What's the real story on Mike Trout?

It looks like he may now miss the entire season due to a calf "strain" that reportedly had pretty much healed a long time ago. What's going on? Is the injury more serious than they are telling us? Is he having other unrelated issues? Has he developed a phobia about playing? Something seems amiss.

Shoeless Moe 09-01-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2140605)
It looks like he may now miss the entire season due to a calf "strain" that reportedly had pretty much healed a long time ago. What's going on? Is the injury more serious than they are telling us? Is he having other unrelated issues? Has he developed a phobia about playing? Something seems amiss.

Supposedly he read that other thread where I commented and yes he's fully healed he's just having a real hard time learning how to mow a lawn.

Just isn't clicking for him.

shagrotn77 09-01-2021 04:25 PM

Just my 2 cents, but I think the injury was much worse than a strain and the Angels did him a real disservice by minimizing it by using that term.

packs 09-01-2021 04:47 PM

It would really be a shock if he lost his passion for the game or something like that. I know football players have been stepping away.

Peter_Spaeth 09-01-2021 04:55 PM

Between PWCC being booted from ebay and his absence continuing, will be interesting to track the auction prices of the Update RC. Especially the non Probstein ones.

maniac_73 09-01-2021 07:59 PM

Josh Donaldson was never the same after his calf strain. It’s a much tougher injury to recover from than it sounds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clydepepper 09-01-2021 08:12 PM

I've been thinking it's been a long time to recover from a calf sprain. There has to be more to it.

I think we can all agree that the Game is less without it's best player.

familytoad 09-01-2021 10:45 PM

I have heard it was a “tear” worse than a “strain” and they were really concerned about his Achilles that would ruin not only this season but could certainly impact the rest of his career.

Publicity around a serious career threatening injury like Achilles would be bad.
Calling it a strain and missing a season does not provide good optics either.

I’m sure there is a reason they chose that language. Hard to speculate which is better…

clydepepper 09-02-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by familytoad (Post 2140751)
I have heard it was a “tear” worse than a “strain” and they were really concerned about his Achilles that would ruin not only this season but could certainly impact the rest of his career.

Publicity around a serious career threatening injury like Achilles would be bad.
Calling it a strain and missing a season does not provide good optics either.

I’m sure there is a reason they chose that language. Hard to speculate which is better…

Brian- I think your analysis is probably on-point. Thanks for that contribution.