Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Consignment Question?? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=347492)

bobbyw8469 03-18-2024 11:32 AM

Consignment Question??

I am sure this has been rehashed time and time again in the past, but I am curious about recently?? Has anyone recently consigned with Sterling, CollectorConnection or Al at Love of the Game? I was thinking of consigning some stuff. I don't have nice enough stuff to fit in with REA (Seems like they only want 5 figure consignments), but I do have a ton of nice stuff that will fit in nicely with some of the smaller guys......

oldjudge 03-18-2024 12:13 PM

LOTG is not a smaller guy anymore. It is every bit as good as any auction house. For a sub-$10,000 consignment I would look at Brockelman Auctions.

parkplace33 03-18-2024 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 2420494)
I am sure this has been rehashed time and time again in the past, but I am curious about recently?? Has anyone recently consigned with Sterling, CollectorConnection or Al at Love of the Game? I was thinking of consigning some stuff. I don't have nice enough stuff to fit in with REA (Seems like they only want 5 figure consignments), but I do have a ton of nice stuff that will fit in nicely with some of the smaller guys......

Robert, IMO, all are now basically the same. I would ask around and get the best rate you can. And trust me, the rate can be negotiated.

brunswickreeves 03-18-2024 12:31 PM

You might consider Quick Consignments which sells expediently via eBay (BIN with BO or multi-day auction), and provides a very competitive net return after nominal commission.

vthobby 03-18-2024 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brunswickreeves (Post 2420504)
You might consider Quick Consignments which sells expediently via eBay (BIN with BO or multi-day auction), and provides a very competitive net return after nominal commission.

No problems with them at all.

Here is the link.

https://www.quickconsigncards.com/

packs 03-18-2024 12:47 PM

REA is doing all kinds of smaller auctions. I've got my own card in the current auction and am only giving them 5% for accepting my card. It had a $10 starting bid.

glchen 03-18-2024 12:51 PM

Personally, if I needed to raise cash and had some smaller items (less than $1K each), I'd go with Probstein123. If you don't like the ebay format, I'd try to see if I could put together a larger consignment in total dollar value, and then negotiate with the different auction houses for the best rate, ideally 0% seller commission. I haven't used the smaller auction houses like Brockelman and Sterling before, but they may be good options also. One thing about using one of the larger auction houses like REA is that if you just have smaller items, they may get lost among all of the big ticket items in that auction, so you have to decide if your stuff really is the best fit for that auction house to get maximum value.

1880nonsports 03-18-2024 01:32 PM

well

all the names listed so far seem to be good choices (no idea about Quick). I have had experience with them all. Of the names mentioned I have had particularly good experience with Love of the Game and my few top drawer pieces have historically gone to REA as far back as 20+ years.

philliesfan 03-18-2024 01:46 PM

I have two cards currently with REA in their march 2024 Encore auction. Both cards are PSA 9's.....a 1951 Bowman common and a 1955 Topps common. So neither will be a 5 figure card (But I Hope So!!!) so they do not necessarily need to be 5 figures for them to list.

What do you have to auction? Maybe if you let us know, some folks here can give a better opinion on the best way to consign.

Best of Luck,
Bob

bobbyw8469 03-18-2024 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1880nonsports (Post 2420517)
all the names listed so far seem to be good choices (no idea about Quick). I have had experience with them all. Of the names mentioned I have had particularly good experience with Love of the Game and my few top drawer pieces have historically gone to REA as far back as 20+ years.

I have subbed with REA and Huggins and Scott in the past. Both went well. I remember getting high prices with REA.

Lorewalker 03-18-2024 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 2420494)
I am sure this has been rehashed time and time again in the past, but I am curious about recently?? Has anyone recently consigned with Sterling, CollectorConnection or Al at Love of the Game?

I think any of those options would be a great choice. 3 companies who do a great job.

perezfan 03-18-2024 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philliesfan (Post 2420518)
I have two cards currently with REA in their march 2024 Encore auction. Both cards are PSA 9's.....a 1951 Bowman common and a 1955 Topps common. So neither will be a 5 figure card (But I Hope So!!!) so they do not necessarily need to be 5 figures for them to list.

What do you have to auction? Maybe if you let us know, some folks here can give a better opinion on the best way to consign.

Best of Luck,
Bob

THIS...

If you tell us what you're consigning, we can batter tailor your items to the best AH for you. But from the scant info provided so far, I agree you cannot go wrong with Al C. at LOTG or REA's Encore Auctions.

robinsonmantle 03-18-2024 08:39 PM

I have had good experiences co-signing with Heritage. Another company to mention to bring into the mix of the previous mentioned companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybar 03-18-2024 09:00 PM

I vote REA as well. I, too, have a card in the current auction and it is only like a $1K+ card. Their smaller auctions seem pretty friendly to lower value cards.