Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Attention Griffey fans. Need some advice. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=313544)

almostdone 01-13-2022 02:42 PM

Attention Griffey fans. Need some advice.

3 Attachment(s)
I have been a vintage guy for the last 20ish years but before that was into the junk wax like so many others. My guy was Ken Griffey Jr and amassed over 500 different cards that I still have. I haven’t really added any Griffeys to my PC as my collecting focus shifted to vintage.

I know there are literally thousands of different Griffeys out there and I don’t have any real desire to add any more. Saying that I found out recently that in 2007 Upper Deck put out a autographed card in a set called Game Day which highlight a specific achievement a player had. Overall the cards are sort of vague and I really don’t like the overall design too much. It seems crowded on the front to me. The Griffey insert is from July 16th of 2007 when he homered passing Frank Robinson on the all time HR leaders list to take 6th (at the time) place.

The difference is I was actually at that game in Atlanta and saw him hit that Home Run. I saw Griffey play a total of 4 times during his career but that was the only time I saw him hit a HR in person.

Long story short, Upper Deck putout a three part insert set highlighting the achievement. I was gifted one of them called Boxscore and was able to win a second called Lineup. (Examples are both shown below)

I would really like to find the third, also shown below called Game Day Ticket, to complete the three card set but outside of eBay, Net54 and an occasional show don’t look anywhere else to find cards.

Would anyone have suggestions of other websites that I might be able to explore to find this last card? They come on eBay rarely and are not very sought after as they aren’t very pretty, from a 14 year old set and only a total of about 65 were made.

I looked on COMC and a site called MySlabs but other that those don’t know really where to start.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew

swarmee 01-13-2022 03:57 PM

There are only 15 produced of that card? Good luck. Your best bet is to set eBay notifications, and then just regularly check auction houses. Some message boards allow you to put in threads of cards you're looking for and would pay finder's fees on.
But most likely, these cards are either buried in personal collections or lost. It would be too high end to show up on sportlots. COMC would be a possibility, but you've already checked there.

almostdone 01-13-2022 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 2185171)
There are only 15 produced of that card? Good luck. Your best bet is to set eBay notifications, and then just regularly check auction houses. Some message boards allow you to put in threads of cards you're looking for and would pay finder's fees on.
But most likely, these cards are either buried in personal collections or lost. It would be too high end to show up on sportlots. COMC would be a possibility, but you've already checked there.

The card shown was the only example I could find a photo of. The actual number is over 70. They are numbered 1 of 1, 1 of 10, 1 of 15 and 1 of 50. The only difference I see in any of them besides the numbering is the color of the hologram. I honestly don’t care how “rare” of one I get.

I was mainly looking for any other sites to search specifically. Ive heard mention of Blow Out but don’t know anything else about it. Is there other chat rooms or forums to recommend?

Drew

lemmer 01-13-2022 05:46 PM

I would recommend joining Blowout and posting on the Griffey thread, or try messaging the big collectors in that thread.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=716392

swarmee 01-13-2022 05:53 PM

Ah, then you have a better chance.