Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Lou Gehrig Pencil Sketch (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=155414)

daves_resale_shop 08-16-2012 03:59 PM

Lou Gehrig Pencil Sketch

1 Attachment(s)
Guys,

Picked this one up on ebay and absolutely love it... the seller is a 9th grade art teacher and sketches bbcard in crayon and colored pencil for fun... I think his work is phenomenal... ebay userid is sierrajunior7... Got this one framed today & its going to look great on my wall. What do you guys think?

daves_resale_shop 08-16-2012 04:01 PM

Close up photo

1 Attachment(s)
closeup attached

39special 08-16-2012 04:08 PM

That is very cool! What size is it?

daves_resale_shop 08-16-2012 04:58 PM

gehrig Pencil Sketch

I would say its about 6 inches wide by 7 high... The fine gent that does the work is Scott Silvers... He agreed to let me post his details... If anyone is interested in reaching out to him about his work he can be reached at sierrasilvers@gmail.com

Cheers!
Dave

Tuna82 08-16-2012 05:23 PM

That really cool of you to give him some props here...I bet he see his sales go up if he continues with vintage cards

packs 08-16-2012 07:24 PM

That's a really cool piece. I love that it's crayon and colored pencil. Kid's materials for a card and game made for kids. Can't beat it.

scmavl 08-16-2012 08:54 PM

Very, very cool Dave! I love it!

daves_resale_shop 08-16-2012 08:56 PM

gehrig sketch

I am ashamed to say that I got this one on ebay for $14.00, and a 1934 tattoo orbit dizzy dean (which is better in my opininon for $5)... this guy loves doing the stuff, and is clearly not in it for the money... in fact, I asked him (outside of ebay for a few special commissions, and he asked that I donate (what I think is fair) to his schools art program for supplies upon completion of the items...

Talk about a great artist, and a truly classy youngster...

I wish there were more people like this in the world these days!

daves_resale_shop 08-16-2012 09:01 PM

dean sketch

1 Attachment(s)
Take a look at this dean.... the thing is done with crayola, logs of circles but absolutely magnificent!!! I would rather have this than the card... and cant wait to get an auto of ol' diz to display with it

Wymers Auction 08-16-2012 11:49 PM

I really enjoy these pictures, but by telling all of us about it you are in for some competition for future masterpieces. LOL

daves_resale_shop 08-23-2012 10:59 AM

Cobb & Walter Johnson

2 Attachment(s)
Scott was kind enough to put these together so I thought I would share...
Awesome stuff, I love em!

I have attached his contact details earlier on in this thread

cwazzy 08-23-2012 11:14 AM

Just sent him an email. Curious to see how much he'll charge for the 2 I requested. He's REALLY good and I'd love to pick up a couple Roy Campanella's from him. Thanks for pointing this guy out to us!

Chris

Big Six 08-23-2012 01:33 PM

Great cause, too...

1 Attachment(s)
I asked Scott to tackle one of my favorite card images...came out great! Can't wait to get it some time next week...

daves_resale_shop 08-23-2012 01:54 PM

Chase

That thing is sweet!

daves_resale_shop 08-23-2012 04:09 PM

RE: Good Cause

Scott is as good as they come... I bought the gehrig and dean on ebay & reached out to him to see if he would do the Walter Johnson & Cobb... When I asked him how much, he said that he would appreciate it if I would make a donation to the school where he teaches (Ivy Hawn Charter School of the Arts) which is located in Lake Helen Florida... The school is in its second year, and they are in need of funds to provide supplies for the students and teachers...

Real good thing that Scott is doing in providing for his students & giving us collectors something unique to enjoy...

Big Six 08-23-2012 05:20 PM

Plus...

Donations to the school are tax deductible...like getting the artwork for free!!! He'll gladly supply tax write off form to you!

Bocabirdman 08-23-2012 05:57 PM

He must be able to crank out these beauties fairly quickly. This thread is only a week old .:)

cwazzy 08-24-2012 08:11 AM

I've been talking to Scott for a couple of days now. He's doing the '53 Topps and '54 Wilson Franks Roy Campanella cards for me. Apparantly this thread is generating a few customers for him. He said it would be a couple of weeks before he could get to them because there are quite a few people ahead of me. He seems like a real good guy. The world could use more teachers like him.

daves_resale_shop 08-30-2012 09:22 PM

Scott Silvers

1 Attachment(s)
got these two back from my framer (framers edge orange ct today) matted Scott's wonderful artwork with cut signatures of wajo & Ty... I think they came out amazing, and I absolutely love them!

csusi 08-30-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop (Post 1032166)
got these two back from my framer (framers edge orange ct today) matted Scott's wonderful artwork with cut signatures of wajo & Ty... I think they came out amazing, and I absolutely love them!

Really great presentation of the piece.

daves_resale_shop 08-31-2012 03:19 AM

walter Johnson

1 Attachment(s)
and the other...

VintageYankees 08-31-2012 08:01 AM

Absolutely amazing with the cuts framed! Love the look of them. Thank you very much for sharing Scott's information with everyone. I just received this in the mail the other day and can't stop looking at it. He is a true class act with amazing talent.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...2/69024f0e.jpg

daves_resale_shop 08-31-2012 11:10 AM

gehrig

Holy Cow... that thing is amazing!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VintageYankees (Post 1032268)
Absolutely amazing with the cuts framed! Love the look of them. Thank you very much for sharing Scott's information with everyone. I just received this in the mail the other day and can't stop looking at it. He is a true class act with amazing talent.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...2/69024f0e.jpg

tiger8mush 09-05-2012 03:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love that Gehrig!

I just received this from Scott. My pic does it no justice, but its very large (around 15.5" H x 10.25" W). I love it! I will be looking for more stuff for him to color in the near future.

Rob
:)

edited to add: plan on getting it framed!

cwazzy 09-10-2012 07:51 PM

Got word from Scott that my Campy's are done. I ran into some financial issues before I could send the check (I'm in the process of cleaning up that mess) but he sent me pictures of the finished products. They are AMAZING! I have a feeling that I'm going to go broke because of him. LOL
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...FINALFINAL.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...ia/54Final.jpg

daves_resale_shop 09-10-2012 09:15 PM

Wow,

that 53 topps is out of this world...

Great pieces, an I hope you enjoy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwazzy (Post 1035223)
Got word from Scott that my Campy's are done. I ran into some financial issues before I could send the check (I'm in the process of cleaning up that mess) but he sent me pictures of the finished products. They are AMAZING! I have a feeling that I'm going to go broke because of him. LOL
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...FINALFINAL.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...ia/54Final.jpg

Leon 09-11-2012 05:59 PM

Great work!! I copied this thread to the main page too so more folks can see it.

csusi 09-11-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop (Post 1035270)
Wow,

that 53 topps is out of this world...

Great pieces, an I hope you enjoy!

Agreed. Beautiful pieces.

ramram 10-02-2012 09:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just got these in from Scott. Man he does some nice work. Great guy too.

Rob M.

1952 Topps card of future Hall of Famer -

Attachment 75357

The Babe -

Attachment 75356

daves_resale_shop 10-02-2012 10:00 PM

Casey

Is Casey your kiddo? if so, that one is priceless!!!

ramram 10-02-2012 10:23 PM

Yeah Dave that's my boy alright, and he's still at that enviable age where he can go to bed every night and dream the dream. Man I miss those days......

Rob

otismalibu 10-24-2012 12:54 PM

Got this in the mail today. Nice!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b..._ArtworkSq.jpg

daves_resale_shop 11-17-2012 07:25 PM

Scott Silvers

Hey Guys,

Scott finished up a piece for me recently and pinged me back an email which I thought I would share...

First and foremost, the guys work is amazing... his passion for the game and vintage baseball is evident in the care and attention he takes in crafting each piece...

secondly, I think its unbelievable that he is donating his time and talent to raise money for supplies to assist his students in embracing art & developing their skill sets...

I thought I would share some info from an email that Scott Sent me this morning:

"Thus far Net54 Members have contributed $790 to the Ivy Hawn visual arts department. There is still a lengthy line of people waiting for artwork. That money has enabled Ivy Hawn to get supplies and materials that we would have had to forego. Having been able to get things like new markers, paints, brushes, clay, etc. has made a big difference in what the kids are able to do. I can't possibly thank Net54 members enough for that."

If you have had Scott put something together for you, I would encourage you to share it in this thread... and if you haven't, I would suggest you do... his work is amazing, his approach is unselfish... and he can add something unique to each of our collections that we will enjoy for years to come...

Thanks Scott, and all the members that have been kind enought to contribute to his cause...

daves_resale_shop 01-26-2014 11:06 AM

Bump

Just wanted to bump this thread... I haven't spoken to Scott in awhile but reached out to him late last week... Scott informed me that the Net54 member have contributed over $1200 to his schools art department for the artwork commissions he has completed...

Great Job all, I am sure these kids really appreciate it.

MGHPro 01-26-2014 11:45 AM

Great bump-Glad we are helping the kids but his work is incredible . He did 2 huge pieces for me that I will post when I get them framed .

aquarius31 01-26-2014 12:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
An awesome cause and a stand up guy! I had Scott sketch this beauty for me a few months back. It's now getting framed with a period Excelsior belt. Will post here when it's complete. So glad to hear of the great contributions from net54!

GKreindler 01-26-2014 02:56 PM

LOVE that one, George. Bravo!

Graig

aquarius31 01-26-2014 04:28 PM

Thanks so much Graig! Can't wait to eventually have one of your beautiful pieces of art :)