Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Hobby Has Hit A New Low (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=329043)

Buythatcard 12-15-2022 01:37 PM

Hobby Has Hit A New Low

I thought this was a joke, but it is not.

https://collecttrumpcards.com/

I have no other comments.

Leon 12-15-2022 01:43 PM

IF this thread doesn't go too far off the road it will stay. Otherwise, I see it getting locked. I do have to say, that is just stupid to me.

ullmandds 12-15-2022 01:46 PM

Just another attempted money grab from the filthiest con man grifter former “president.”

Buythatcard 12-15-2022 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2294391)
IF this thread doesn't go too far off the road it will stay. Otherwise, I see it getting locked. I do have to say, that is just stupid to me.

Leon, I agree it can head in the wrong direction. I have no problem if you wish to lock it.

ullmandds 12-15-2022 01:46 PM

What could go wrong?

Belfast1933 12-15-2022 01:50 PM

Out of respect that I have for Leon, I'll resist... but OMG, this just is soooo hard to hold back (that's how much I respect/like you, LL!!)

BobbyStrawberry 12-15-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 2294392)
Just another attempted money grab from the filthiest con man grifter former “president.”

Former? Don't you mean "current president" ? 🙃

bnorth 12-15-2022 01:53 PM

I think they are pretty cool.

They also clearly put this on the site. Trump Digital Trading Cards (NFTs) are intended as collectible items for individual enjoyment only, not for investment vehicles.

Gorditadogg 12-15-2022 01:58 PM

From the website:
"Each Trump Digital Trading Card has a unique pre-assigned rarity. Some will be one-of-one’s (i.e. the only one in the world), while others will be limited to 2, 5, 7, or 10 copies. No Trump Digital Trading Card will have more than 20 copies in existence!"

There are 45 different cards. Does that mean that total sales are limited to less than 45 x 20 = 900 NFT's? That's only $90,000 cash, that can't be right?

MikeGarcia 12-15-2022 01:59 PM

Individual Enjoyment ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2294397)
I think they are pretty cool.

They also clearly put this on the site. Trump Digital Trading Cards (NFTs) are intended as collectible items for individual enjoyment only, not for investment vehicles.

I can picture that happening..While holding a Trumpybear and wearing Mrpillow slippers whilst playing "Best Tweets Of Marjorie Taylor Greene."

Peter_Spaeth 12-15-2022 02:03 PM

As Howard alluded to, it would have been fantastic as a combined parody of President Trump and the modern hobby. How long until one of these things is in Goldin? lol

bnorth 12-15-2022 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeGarcia (Post 2294403)
I can picture that happening..While holding a Trumpybear and wearing Mrpillow slippers whilst playing "Best Tweets Of Marjorie Taylor Greene."

To be fair some older grown men collect pictures of much younger athletic men in uniforms. All I know is I am not saying anything bad about what someone else collects.:D

carlsonjok 12-15-2022 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2294405)
To be fair some older grown men collect pictures of much younger athletic men in uniforms.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/26gsp...giphy.gif&ct=g

Eric72 12-15-2022 02:13 PM

How does that saying go? Oh, yeah. I remember:

In before the lock.

G1911 12-15-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorditadogg (Post 2294402)
From the website:
"Each Trump Digital Trading Card has a unique pre-assigned rarity. Some will be one-of-one’s (i.e. the only one in the world), while others will be limited to 2, 5, 7, or 10 copies. No Trump Digital Trading Card will have more than 20 copies in existence!"

There are 45 different cards. Does that mean that total sales are limited to less than 45 x 20 = 900 NFT's? That's only $90,000 cash, that can't be right?

“ There is a maximum of 45,000 NFTs available to be minted during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, including a maximum of 44,000 NFTs available for purchase during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.”

I’m not really clear where this number comes from as that’s a ton of different images but this is also on the site. It makes a lot more sense, the creators have to pay for his likeness, approval, and the contest winnings. I assume many of these will be sold for the dinner, effectively $4,500.

Tons of celebrities and famous people have done NFT’s though, this isn’t something unique, but I don’t get the appeal at all. It’s just a jpeg in your digital wallet, that’s it.

Buythatcard 12-15-2022 02:36 PM

So what exactly is a NFT? It is mentioned that it's just a .jpeg file. So, if you own that specific 1of 1, are you given the actual jpeg file or just some link to the file? I would think that if you are given the file, what would stop you from duplicating it. Can one transfer ownership if they try to sell? Is there a real market out there for these type of files?:confused:

hcv123 12-15-2022 02:41 PM

Confusing.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1911 (Post 2294411)
“ There is a maximum of 45,000 NFTs available to be minted during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, including a maximum of 44,000 NFTs available for purchase during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.”

I’m not really clear where this number comes from as that’s a ton of different images but this is also on the site. It makes a lot more sense, the creators have to pay for his likeness, approval, and the contest winnings. I assume many of these will be sold for the dinner, effectively $4,500.

Tons of celebrities and famous people have done NFT’s though, this isn’t something unique, but I don’t get the appeal at all. It’s just a jpeg in your digital wallet, that’s it.

May need to request a recount :eek:

BobbyStrawberry 12-15-2022 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcv123 (Post 2294421)
May need to request a recount :eek:

"Alternate slate of NFTs"?

JollyElm 12-15-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 2294392)

Well, LEFTY LEON, yet another one of your single-digit IQ liberal douchebag buddies spews their f*cking hatred, and nothing?????????????

Where's the warning/banning of this *sshole????

We'd sure like to discuss what the effin' BidenFührer is doing to our country. Are you going to open it up for us, too???? Huh, buddy?

Just as always, no politics...unless you're a piece of f*cking garbage dipshit named Ullman, then just spew away!!!!!!!

bnorth 12-15-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1911 (Post 2294411)

From the website. Could not find a specific amount of different cards.
The Trump Digital Trading Cards are randomly generated and delivered, so you won't know which card you receive until you check your wallet after purchase. There are hundreds of different cards featuring President Trump, each with its own rarity. No more than 20 copies exist of any single card. Only 45,000 total cards exist in this series.