Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Wanted to buy Highlander signatures (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=333728)

garymc 04-03-2023 11:35 AM

Wanted to buy Highlander signatures

I have a few but I'm always hunting for more, see below what I have....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151843...57704935594982

PSACJ 04-05-2023 11:13 PM

If you have doubles of Hippo or Russ Ford I would
Be interested for my collection.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 04-07-2023 05:15 AM

It's extremely helpful if people put together a want list of needed autographs as opposed to "Buying [team, HOF, etc.] Autographs". Sellers may have a lot of what you need, but most of us do not organize our material by team. I've given up even answering these types of requests, as have other colleagues I know. People with large inventories don't have time to cross-reference each autograph they have of players who played for the team you collect in hopes of making a sale which may or may not happen at all. Most people work better from a list of players. If you had 100,000 autographs, would you remember every single one, let alone every team each player played for?

And I am certainly not saying this about you, Gary, or anyone in particular, but the odds of making a sale to people who post "Buying HOFers", "Buying Cubs" without any further information given are astronomically low. There is almost no chance of a sale. I've been at this forever, and this statement keeps proving itself correct. The only things that seem to change in this scenario are the names of the collectors. Therefore, many sellers just aren't motivated to respond to such generic queries. Sellers are losing out on potential sales and collectors may miss the chance to add something great to their collections. There's no upside.

garymc 04-08-2023 07:39 AM

Wtb

Thanks for the advise, going to try what you suggested !
Gary

garymc 04-26-2023 04:23 AM

New Yor Highlanders

Looking for the following ;
1 the big three, Chase, Chesbro, and Keeler !
2. Tobacco card players, Knight, Ford, Hemphill........?

HexsHeroes 04-26-2023 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyCoxDodgers3B (Post 2330209)
It's extremely helpful if people put together a want list of needed autographs as opposed to "Buying [team, HOF, etc.] Autographs". Sellers may have a lot of what you need, but most of us do not organize our material by team. I've given up even answering these types of requests, as have other colleagues I know. People with large inventories don't have time to cross-reference each autograph they have of players who played for the team you collect in hopes of making a sale which may or may not happen at all. Most people work better from a list of players. If you had 100,000 autographs, would you remember every single one, let alone every team each player played for?

And I am certainly not saying this about you, Gary, or anyone in particular, but the odds of making a sale to people who post "Buying HOFers", "Buying Cubs" without any further information given are astronomically low. There is almost no chance of a sale. I've been at this forever, and this statement keeps proving itself correct. The only things that seem to change in this scenario are the names of the collectors. Therefore, many sellers just aren't motivated to respond to such generic queries. Sellers are losing out on potential sales and collectors may miss the chance to add something great to their collections. There's no upside.

Well said. And excellent advice. I often felt bad about sending a list of "wants" to a dealer but realized that if I kept the list to a workable 10-15 names, it usually worked out positively for both the dealer and myself.

BuzzD 04-27-2023 03:58 PM

autograph lists

Anyone have an autograph of George A. "Iron" Davis Jr. or
Clement Llewellyn?

Scott Garner 04-30-2023 05:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BuzzD (Post 2335294)
Anyone have an autograph of George A. "Iron" Davis Jr. or
Clement Llewellyn?

Hi BuzzD,
I do have a really nice George Iron Davis autograph in my personal collection that I would be willing to offer as an exemplar, but it's not for sale.

I will dig it out today and add a picture.
FWIW, Iron Davis is a challenging autograph to find.
I've only seen a very small sampling of his signature appear in the hobby in 30 years of collecting no-hit pitcher autographs.

BuzzD 04-30-2023 09:44 AM

Thanks for the post. I lived a few years in Buffalo where Davis was a civic mover and shaker. Been trying sources there. Maybe something will pop.