Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Member (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=328646)

MoneyMace 12-07-2022 03:57 PM

Hello everyone, I just joined based off a recommendation from a friend and am excited to be part of the net54 community.

I look forward to discussions with you, I am a collector of Babe Ruth and am really really really interested in finding a 1921 Caramel (throwing) Babe Ruth if anyone has a lower grade for sale/trade.

Can someone also let me know what the best way to search on this website is, or do you literally go through each thread/post one by one?

mrreality68 12-07-2022 04:05 PM

Hi

And welcome aboard. There are many Ruth collectors and collectors of all types on this forum.
That is a great card to go after but a tough card do to its popularity amongst Ruth Collectors and low population. I know there are 2 of them at the moment on eBay.
As for this forum if you use the B/S/T section (buy sell trade section) then pick the 1920 to 1949 section you can see what cards are for sale or trade and you can also post what you are looking for.
Remember there are 3 variations (Babe, “Babe”, and George) and a variety of ad backs and set varieties even between 1921/22.
Good Luck with the hunt and with the board
If you need anything feel free to reach out

x2drich2000 12-07-2022 04:27 PM

Welcome to the site and good luck in the Ruth search. Keep an eye on the auction houses and let folks know you want one.

As far as searching the site, one of the best ways is just to use google and add the text "site:www.net54baseball.com" at the end. So you could use something like "1921 Caramel Ruth site:www.net54baseball.com" and a bunch of threads will pop up as the search results.

Casey2296 12-07-2022 04:28 PM

Welcome!

best way to do a general search of a subject of the site is to use a google search for the subject. For example search: "E98 net54" and that will bring up any posts related to E98's. The search tool on the site is a little challenging.

Good Luck!

MoneyMace 12-07-2022 05:02 PM

Thank you everyone for your help and insight. One additional question, how to you Add your Avatar picture that many of the posters here have?

BobbyStrawberry 12-07-2022 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoneyMace (Post 2291289)
Thank you everyone for your help and insight. One additional question, how to you Add your Avatar picture that many of the posters here have?

Welcome! If you go to the blue banner just above the forum content, all the way to the left, click on "User CP" - from there, down the left side of the page you'll see "edit avatar"

NiceDocter 12-07-2022 05:30 PM

Welcome

Hello and welcome! Many Ruth collectors here and a great place for advice and information. One word of warning ( available in all the threads already)… do NOT post your email address in any “want to buy” posts as scammers have used those in the past to try and steal good people’s hard earned money. Any offers to sell to you from brand new posters with very few posts ( see upper right corner of any post) should be handled with great caution. All that said I have had years of only positive transactions with no problems at all and lots of fun transactions. Enjoy the site!!! Rocky

jiw98 12-07-2022 07:32 PM

Welcome aboard Adam. You'll find some great info on this site and a lot of great conversation. Good luck with your Ruth collecting.

doug.goodman 12-07-2022 08:14 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Welcome to fantasy Island.

Every thread should have some "cards"...

m114 pitching for the Red Sox
m114 batting for the Red Sox
Blum's Bulletin 1
Blum's Bulletin 2
La Presse
Notebook cover
Yakyu magazine back cover
Snap shot
#700 scored program

philliesfan 12-07-2022 08:35 PM

Welcome aboard to this wonderful site.

Doug - If you are going to post pictures, you should make them of something good like 1988 Donruss...........

Those things are awesome!

Bob

StraightRaceCards 12-09-2022 12:17 PM

Welcome!

Welcome!

In my time on this board, I have found the community to be nothing short of awesome... great folks here who have an incredible base of collecting knowledge.

Good luck on the Ruth!

Yoda 12-09-2022 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philliesfan (Post 2291361)
Welcome aboard to this wonderful site.

Doug - If you are going to post pictures, you should make them of something good like 1988 Donruss...........

Those things are awesome!

Bob

The best way to get attention on Net54, which might result in deals, is to flash some of your Ruth goodies.