Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   SGC Sub Question - Better be an honest mistake... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=300030)

Harliduck 04-08-2021 09:04 PM

SGC Sub Question - Better be an honest mistake...

So...I better not be getting screwed.

I have never made a graded submission and had no plans to do so. I do however have a few graded cards and runs and have mostly preferred SGC because they look so much nicer. I really don't care about resell and all that. Anyway, I am trying to finish up a Harmon Killebrew and Hank Aaron SGC base card run. I am almost done, just needed both their 1956 Topps cards. I have a Hank, and two Killebrews extra raw, so thought, hey...lets do a sub instead of buying new ones...and at $25 it's MUCH cheaper and I thought fun to do a sub. First one ever, doubt I will ever do it again (just overall not a graded card guy).

3/24 - Went online and created submission...3 cards, $25 each, $15 prepaid return shipping
3/30 - Website listed as "Received"
4/8 - Today, listed as "Post Grading Processing" (can't find the grades?)

Then the kicker...my invoice moved from $25 a card...to $75 a card!!! It says I now owe another $150 in service fee!!! WTF??

I submitted these cards WELL before their price hike...and obviously I would have NEVER subbed at $75 which is fricken ridiculous. So is $25 really, but as said, cheaper than buying new ones so it did make sense for me. They will obviously not get one more red cent from me on this and I am hoping it's some type of billing error...and I am hoping someone will tell me maybe here as such. It's 8:00pm as I write this and only saw it a few minutes ago...so can't really call anyone. Just reaffirms that I shouldn't even be dabbling in card grading...

GasHouseGang 04-08-2021 09:19 PM

I always hear that SGC has really good customer service, so I would call them first thing tomorrow. Good luck!

Casey2296 04-08-2021 09:21 PM

What value did you assign to each card?

dio 04-08-2021 09:25 PM

you paid when you submitted. ignore the rest, they will not charge you for $75 bucks a card

This is what they entered into the system with the current pricing, since you're already paid, you're all set, you don't owe nothing unless you are submitting a 1952 topps mickey mantle for 50k with their lowest tier serivce

Harliduck 04-08-2021 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey2296 (Post 2091050)
What value did you assign to each card?

These were well under the $499 mark...no real creases or wrinkles but rounded corners, bit OC...hoping for 2s or maybe a 3. I had all 3 around $300 and based that on some sold examples off Ebay.

Harliduck 04-08-2021 10:25 PM

Looked in my phone and saw I took a quick crappy pic before I packed them up...no threat of anything going over the $499 mark here...lol. Cards from my youth actually...not in my sets.

https://i.ibb.co/MstJnVd/56-Cards.jpg

Harliduck 04-08-2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dio (Post 2091051)
you paid when you submitted. ignore the rest, they will not charge you for $75 bucks a card

This is what they entered into the system with the current pricing, since you're already paid, you're all set, you don't owe nothing unless you are submitting a 1952 topps mickey mantle for 50k with their lowest tier serivce

Thanks Eric...was hoping for a response like this.

bobsbbcards 04-09-2021 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harliduck (Post 2091061)
Thanks Eric...was hoping for a response like this.

I agree with Eric, although I totally understand your reaction. I wouldn't have slept (injustice pecks at my liver). :(

Harliduck 04-09-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsbbcards (Post 2091088)
I agree with Eric, although I totally understand your reaction. I wouldn't have slept (injustice pecks at my liver). :(

Yes...I am wired this way too...its not even the money...

Harliduck 04-09-2021 08:32 AM

Good news...I sent them a message thru the website last night, woke up to a super quick reply, much appreciated. It was indeed an error and Im being told all is good, I can ignore the new invoice. So happy again for the quick response and also happy I dont have anything to deal with.

hcv123 04-09-2021 09:00 AM

SGC has excellent customer service

I really couldn't be happier with SGC customer service - ESPECIALLY in contrast to PSA. Prices......well, hopefully back to some normalcy over time.

bks14sr 04-09-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcv123 (Post 2091135)
I really couldn't be happier with SGC customer service - ESPECIALLY in contrast to PSA. Prices......well, hopefully back to some normalcy over time.

I agree, I’ve been impressed with how attentive they’ve been. My questions answered same day and the process has been smooth.

luciobar1980 04-09-2021 01:20 PM

Nice. Good to hear. I have good experiences talking to them before as well.