Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A little different post (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=309131)

bnorth 10-15-2021 10:51 AM

A little different post

We have had too many bad stories so lets hear some good ones.

Here is mine, I rarely do the auction house thing. Fellow member Andy Sandler has a smaller auction house he advertises in the BST section. I have looked before but never seen anything I wanted because I have gotten more into memorabilia the last couple years.

I registered this time because he had a card I really wanted. It is one of those super rare cards that if it shows up you pretty much buy it even if overpriced. I got lucky and got it for WAY less than I would have paid. His 15% BP is very reasonable, he done an excellent job of packaging, and with his shipping fee there is no way he uses it to make extra cash like a lot of AHs do.

I had an amazing experience and highly recommend others check him out.

BobC 10-15-2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2154162)
We have had too many bad stories so lets hear some good ones.

Here is mine, I rarely do the auction house thing. Fellow member Andy Sandler has a smaller auction house he advertises in the BST section. I have looked before but never seen anything I wanted because I have gotten more into memorabilia the last couple years.

I registered this time because he had a card I really wanted. It is one of those super rare cards that if it shows up you pretty much buy it even if overpriced. I got lucky and got it for WAY less than I would have paid. His 15% BP is very reasonable, he done an excellent job of packaging, and with his shipping fee there is no way he uses it to make extra cash like a lot of AHs do.

I had an amazing experience and highly recommend others check him out.

Nice to hear something good for a change. So what is the card?

bnorth 10-15-2021 11:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobC (Post 2154165)
Nice to hear something good for a change. So what is the card?

A T210 Coyle for my Ft Worth team set. T210s are pretty rare and finding a specific player can take a very long time. Well unless you want to pay Deans prices.:)

Per request here is the card. It isn't much to look at but sometimes you take what you can get.:)

mrreality68 10-15-2021 11:10 AM

Every Thread needs a pictures

I think yours qualifies as that picture

We are interested in seeing if

PleAse post it

TUM301 10-15-2021 11:23 AM

Have purchased a number of items via Andy`s auction house. Always pleased with his service and try to comb through each of his offerings, you just never know what he`ll come up with.

BobC 10-15-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2154167)
A T210 Coyle for my Ft Worth team set. T210s are pretty rare and finding a specific player can take a very long time. Well unless you want to pay Deans prices.:)

Per request here is the card. It isn't much to look at but sometimes you take what you can get.:)

Great that you were able to find a card you needed, regardless of condition. Many times you have to take what you can get, because you often may not get another chance on such rare cards for quite some time, if ever. Love your acquisition, and definitely a card with some character.

Jason 10-15-2021 02:05 PM

Nice pickup Ben! Those FTW cards are hard to come by

bnorth 10-17-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 2154229)
Nice pickup Ben! Those FTW cards are hard to come by

Thanks Jason, if you run across any extra please let me know.

I can't believe our hobby is so bad that nobody has any good stories to share.

Is it we have a Jerry Springer crowd here and F the Waltons.:confused::D

Exhibitman 10-18-2021 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2154785)
F the Waltons.:confused::D

I hate Walmart...:D

bnorth 10-18-2021 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 2154947)
I hate Walmart...:D

LOL, that actually made me laugh out loud. At first I was like "what" then I got it. Good one:D

FrankWakefield 10-18-2021 08:29 AM

I like the Coyle card, and the story. Thank you.

Exhibitman 10-18-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2154951)
LOL, that actually made me laugh out loud. At first I was like "what" then I got it. Good one:D

Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Leon 10-24-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 2155048)
Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

and the 2nd mouse gets the cheese!

And it's always good to hear good things. There are lot more of them than bad things in the hobby.
Andy (hey Andy) is always a nice and pleasant guy and always fine to deal with.