Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Specialized Catalog Cuban Cards Answer (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297090)

Roland 49 06-18-2021 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Exhibitor, as you say you collect boxing cards, now I show you some of the "Aguilitas" collection. I think you have them since you have shown cards

Roland 49 06-19-2021 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Marianao team and the Trouppe center, edit this photo. Adolfo Luque manager.

Roland 49 06-21-2021 10:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Now I show you from the 2nd series of "Aguilitas" part of a page from my collection that I photograph, Marsan, Torriente, Méndez and others appear.

Roland 49 06-23-2021 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now there is a group of loose cards.

Jason19th 06-23-2021 05:28 PM

I just want everyone to note that the post above has at least 150k of cards in it

Roland 49 06-24-2021 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now you will see some of the cards that I showed loose yesterday, but now an edited sheet of my album of the 2nd series.

Roland 49 06-25-2021 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now another group of the 2nd series will see part of a leaf.

Roland 49 06-26-2021 03:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
"Junco 1936 Cigars" is one of the rarest Cuban baseball series, this collection appears in my specialized catalog.

Roland 49 06-27-2021 03:52 PM

Tomas Gutiérrez 1923-24

1 Attachment(s)
Today I will show you some of the "Tomas Gutiérrez" cards this collection is of great rarity and great players appear, some from the hall of fame, but there are several irregularities in the numbering, in my catalog I give a broad explanation of the errors, for example the case of the card that should have the number 59 and they put 58 A on it, some players who made them two cards with different names etc. Now I show you a scan of a group of cards from the Santa Clara team.

Exhibitman 06-27-2021 04:35 PM

I do know of the Aguilitas; Siki (a Hall Of Famer) is my type card. What I've been trying to get more information about for years are these:

https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibi...Chocolates.jpg
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibi...s%20Tunney.jpg
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibi...runcho%201.jpg

Examples from these sets have come up for sale once, and that's it. The Turquinos were a Dempsey and a Tunney. The Baguers were several cards that came from a seller in Switzerland. The Caruncho card I saw once and then never again. To give some idea of scale on the Baguer cards:

https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibi...Goldstein.jpeg

Roland 49 06-28-2021 02:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Exhibitor I am going to try to answer you the questions of the boxing cards, but that is not my specialty, I will look for some information, I will send you some of the 1915 postcards of the Johnson and Willard fight and Kid Chocolate.

Roland 49 06-30-2021 11:39 AM

Kid Chocolate 1979

1 Attachment(s)
Exhibitor, in the previous message I showed you something about the 1915 fight in Havana and Kid Chocolate, now a photo of the old man, with his robe

Roland 49 07-01-2021 06:10 PM

Tomas Gutiérrez 1923-24T Stars

1 Attachment(s)
From the collection of cards "Tomas Gutiérrez 1923-24" I show a scan of some of the star players cards.

Roland 49 07-02-2021 04:24 PM

Cabañas 1909

1 Attachment(s)
Now I show you part of a scanned test sheet of the "Cabañas" 1909 series of cards, of the Detroit team, around I put some of the cards already printed

Exhibitman 07-02-2021 10:48 PM

Those are very interesting items.

There's actually quite a bit of Kid Chocolate material around, relatively speaking. He was very popular. My favorite is this one:

https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibi...0Chocolate.jpg

Roland 49 07-03-2021 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That photo of "Kid Chocolate" is very interesting, propaganda for the "El Sol" tailor shop, perhaps the most important in Havana, I have read that Chocolate was one of the best dressed men in Cuba, and years ago I read in a US magazine. that in New York it was considered one of the most elegant in dress, now you will see a print with the player Oscar Sierra propaganda of "El Sol" in the Stadium del Cerro, there was a billboard that announced said tailor shop and the player who hit a homerun on this, you are presented with a check for $ 100.

Exhibitman 07-03-2021 09:13 PM

There was a similar ad in Ebbetts Field for Abe Stark. It announced, "Hit Sign, Win Suit. Abe Stark. 1514 Pitkin Ave. Brooklyn's Leading Clothier." Any player who hit the sign on the fly would get a free suit from his store.

That's a really interesting El Sol piece. I have never seen another Kid Chocolate.

Roland 49 07-04-2021 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The photo of Chocolate that you showed from "El Sol" is extraordinary. I had never seen it, previously comment on the ad sign of said tailor shop, now you will see a photo where the players Yiqui de Souza and Willy Miranda appear and you can see something of the ad on the nearby, the letter OS, from El Sol, appears and next to it is "Anatomical Tailors" in Spanish.

Roland 49 07-06-2021 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now you will see a unique piece, the Marianao 1951-52 Hall of Fame signature sheet, Raymond Dandridge.

Roland 49 07-06-2021 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now I show the complete collection of glasses from the "Materva" Regrescos Factory with the emblems of the 4 professional teams.

Roland 49 07-08-2021 04:55 PM

Pelotaris vs AAA

1 Attachment(s)
In September 1954 before starting a game between the Richmond and Sugar King teams, there was a tribute to veteran players and then a competition between "Pelotaris" and players from both teams, one with the bats and the other with the "baskets" between Jim Melton and Bob Habbenich against Manolo and Pepe Guara with the baskets, the competition was very emotional but one of the Guara brothers bounced the homerum ball through the center, and the other against the fence.

Roland 49 07-09-2021 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pedro Formental in a AAA game, playing for the Cuban Sugar King here at the Estadio del Cerro, hit a homerun between right field and center, against another team in the League, but the umpire of second was stopped in 2nd base, the center ran to catch the ball but hit the fence and fell collapsed in the grass, when the pitchers of his team that were warming up in the bullpen fell, they came to help him, but ... one of them put a ball in the glove, at that moment the umpire of 2nd goes towards them and when he arrives he sees the ball in the glove and sings out, and in that a tremendous problem was formed and shouting among the public in the stands, the homerun ball was picked up by a child and I put it in his pants pocket, but those who were around asked him for the ball to show it to the umpire, and one of those present gave the boy 60 cents and said: look with this money you buy a new ball at the stadium store and handed it over and showed it to him to the North American umpire of 2nd base but he had it in his hands and returned it to the public and sang out again, the fight continued but the end result was that Formental, despite having run all the bases, was left without being told the homerum Now you will see a photo of Bobby Maduro owner of the Sugars, Formental signing the contract and Regino Otero manager.

Roland 49 07-11-2021 01:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now I show a photo of Raymond Brown in the Santiago team uniform.

Roland 49 07-14-2021 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A few days ago I showed you some Billiken cards of professional league players, now I show you some of the Pirates and Matanzas teams that I scanned at my house many years ago, shortly after they went to a collector in the United States, I think that currently they may be in the collections of any member of net54

tlwise12 07-14-2021 08:13 PM

Love those Matanzas

2 Attachment(s)
I have an example of the Teran and Tolosa in my collection!

Roland 49 07-15-2021 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Travis, you have two magnificent very rare cards, Teran's is another different copy than the one I showed, there is a photo that next to Teran is Dihigo and next to him is Pita, their cards are known, but Dihigo's until Today it has not appeared, it is a mystery perhaps it was printed, and it may one day appear, now I show you some more of the series that I scanned years ago, when you see them tell me to show you something strange about these players.

tlwise12 07-15-2021 06:41 PM

What is something strange?

Curious to know what the strange aspect is to these players?

Roland 49 07-15-2021 08:55 PM

Extraño = stranger

2 Attachment(s)
Travis, maybe I should have said a rarity instead of something stranger, in Spanish "strange" means something unknown or little known, a strange person or thing has the same meaning, another example: a mother misses her son, it is because He has not seen it for a long time and he always thinks about it, and he has other examples but we are not in a grammar class, in English I do not know what other meaning it could have, remember that my English is poor and bad, which I am going to show you that It is a rarity it is a card of A. Tolosa at the time that he was a professional player, and part of a photo where all the players of the Pirates team appear and on the far right you can see Dihigo, notice that in the uniform of the players in one appears a letter P, in another a C and a P, Club Pirates, Dihigo a white pullover, in the complete photo Dihigo has a bat in his hand.

Leon 07-17-2021 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland 49 (Post 2119340)
Now I show you part of a scanned test sheet of the "Cabañas" 1909 series of cards, of the Detroit team, around I put some of the cards already printed

Wow, some of the things you have shown are off the charts, Roland. Thanks again for sharing. The Cabanas test sheet is so cool.

Roland 49 07-17-2021 02:05 PM

Leon Luckey

2 Attachment(s)
Leon, I'm glad you liked that information on the Detroit test sheet in the "Cabanas" cards. Now I'll show you the complete sheet on one of the pages of my Specialized Catalog and its cover. When you see it, let me know to show you something else related to Detroit's visit to Cuba.

Roland 49 07-19-2021 12:54 PM

Leon Luckey

2 Attachment(s)
In 1909 when the Detroit team was in Cuba, the Harry Brothers store published a booklet with data and statistics of the games held, now I show you the cover and one of the inside sheets,

Leon 07-19-2021 01:08 PM

Those are great cards in those catalogs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland 49 (Post 2124008)
Leon, I'm glad you liked that information on the Detroit test sheet in the "Cabanas" cards. Now I'll show you the complete sheet on one of the pages of my Specialized Catalog and its cover. When you see it, let me know to show you something else related to Detroit's visit to Cuba.

Roland 49 07-20-2021 11:02 AM

Ty Cobb 1910 Habana

1 Attachment(s)
Now I show you a photo of Ty Cobb in Almendares Park in 1910, that photo has been known for a long time, but that photo was mine for several years, before going to the USA, what you may not know is its origin, that photo belonged for 50 years to one of the players of that series I refer to Rafael Almeida, since he died in 1960, and one of his grandchildren among the things that he sold me was that photo, on the back it was written in pencil "Ty Cobb Almendares Park 1910 "

Roland 49 07-21-2021 01:19 PM

Cigarros Billiken

1 Attachment(s)
The Billiken cards came in this pack along with the cigarettes.

Roland 49 07-22-2021 01:45 PM

Cabañas cigars

1 Attachment(s)
The Tobacco Factory "Cabañas" is considered the first registered by Francisco Cabanas in 1810, at that time the "Tobacco Tobacco" law was in force and it was not until June 23, 1817 when the King of Spain Fernando Vll, put an end to that law, but Francisco Cabañas was the only one who ventured before that abolition, now I show you 2 series of cards, the one from 1909 with players from Almendares Habana and Detroit and another series with illustrious Cubans, you will see Carlos Manuel de Cespedes, father of the country and Jose Marti and General Antonio Maceo, I do not have a printing date of this series but I think it was published more or less in 1909, this collection is quite numerous in terms of cards and I show 3 examples and the reverse I took those photos today.

Roland 49 07-24-2021 10:57 AM

Cuban House of David 1931

3 Attachment(s)
I received an email in which they asked me about the Cuban House of David team, that was about 20 days ago, I do not remember in which of my emails and I decided to answer it through the threads, perhaps this will be one of my last messages, since I think that what I am publishing is not of interest because they do not ask me questions either for or against, I have published images in some unique cases, I do not know those who see the threads, at first they asked me and I always gave them an answer, a few ago days I thought to close, but Leon sent me a message of encouragement which he thanked him a lot and continued to publish, now you will see some images of the team in a panoramic photo but I edited it because it was too long and you will see part of the photo and some close-up images.

Butch7999 07-25-2021 01:14 AM

¡Santo Moisés, Roland, no te detengas! En serio, usted podría abrir un museo
y cobrar un precio de admisión para que la gente vea su colección, indefectiblemente
increíble en su calidad!
(Por cierto, ¿más cosas de juegos de mesa que aún no has mostrado?)

Roland 49 07-25-2021 10:40 AM

B. 7999, I thought you no longer saw my threads, the last thing you wrote to me was on May 14 and I replied that day, then on May 20 I wrote you again and I sent you a photo of what you asked me for and I wrote you saying that when you saw you let me know, more than 2 months have passed, and yet I have seen your messages in other threads, I always try to help those who ask me, sometimes they ask me about the thread and others to my emails In my threads, I have met people who I consider interested in Cuban baseball, and I try to help all of them, I believe that some have learned something with my writings, but I have also learned something with you, and I consider all those who see my Wonderful people threads, although I do not know those who see it, only those who send a message. In the message you sent me in Spanish you tell me "don't stop, go on" and I will tell you that with the greatest of my wishes I will continue to do so, but I have tried to keep putting things that I consider important and sometimes unique and unknown things and nobody says anything , neither for nor against and I think that what I am publishing does not interest any of you, with all the complications that I have, I always look for a time to look for something of interest to you, and you do not say anything, and for me it would be a I encourage you to write something or ask me, if you read this message you let me know, greetings.

tlwise12 07-25-2021 06:00 PM

Rolando

Hey Rolando

Just so you know I thoroughly enjoy all of your posts. My favorite area in collecting is Negro and Cuban baseball.

Please continue to post anything you want!

All the posts are much appreciated.

Thanks
Travis

Butch7999 07-26-2021 03:28 PM

Hola Roland! Nuestras disculpas - hasta que usted mismo lo citó, justo ahora,
no vimos
Martin's dispositivo de juego que se mostró el 20 de mayo.

Todos hemos estado pasando demasiado tiempo en el hospital los últimos dos meses,
teniendo muchas pruebas y exploraciones y procedimientos. A veces echamos de menos
cosas y pasamos por alto cosas.
¡Nos comprometemos a comentar con más frecuencia! ¡Todas tus cosas son maravillosas!
Saludos!

Roland 49 07-26-2021 06:05 PM

Travis Wise

2 Attachment(s)
Travis, I am very grateful to you for valuing what I publish, maybe others will do the same and I would encourage me to continue, you tell me your preferences in Cuban baseball and black leagues, I will look for you according to my time, now you have two images that I edit after photographing them With my phone, you can see some clarity that is reflected, in one you will see Gibson and in the other Charleston, Oms, Fabre, etc. with the Santa Clara team, let me know if you know them, greetings.

Schlesinj 07-26-2021 06:33 PM

Big fan of seeing the negro league artifacts you have documented. The more to see the better.

Roland 49 07-27-2021 09:52 AM

Jamie

1 Attachment(s)
You tell me that you are interested in black leagues, I have published several, now you will see part of a panoramic photo with Lanusa, Ramirez and Brown with the Cuban House of David team in 1931.

Roland 49 07-28-2021 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They asked me to see the Dodgers in the American series at La Tropical, they will see Leo Durocher in 1942.

Roland 49 07-29-2021 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I was wrong and I put a photo of a 1954 Dodge car that was mine for many years that a friend asked me to see, instead of the 1942 Dodgers photo at La Tropical Stadium with Durocher as manager, now I show it, I ask myself apologies to those who see this thread

Butch7999 07-29-2021 10:46 PM

Roland, todo está bien- ¡no hay disculpas necesarias! (Aunque pasamos media hora
tratando de encontrar a Leo en esa foto, como
"Where's Waldo"). ;)

Por cierto, ¿viste nuestra nota de hace cuatro días (post #280)? Nos encantaría
ver más material de juego de mesa / juego de cartas que pueda tener ...

¡Saludos!

Roland 49 07-29-2021 11:44 PM

B 7999

2 Attachment(s)
Some time ago you were interested in Niagara bicycles, now you will see a photo of a cycling championship between girls' schools in 1948, in that photo there are Niagara bicycles, although they cannot be identified, and the delivery of the trophy, and another photo of a magazine where he explains that in 1939, several Clubs were registered and you will read Club Niagara and its great champion, greetings

Roland 49 07-30-2021 11:12 AM

B.7999

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I sent you some photos of the Niagara Club founded in 1939 and another of the awards ceremony of a girls cycling championship, but a few minutes ago looking in a Sports Almanac magazine with the uncut cards, I found this advertisement for the Niagara Bicycles founded in 1902, address etc, in the same magazine, I think this is an important piece of information for you, write to me when you see it.

Butch7999 07-30-2021 11:50 AM

Hola de nuevo, Roland! Gracias por esos mensajes muy interesantes con respecto a las bicicletas Niagara.
Estábamos interesados principalmente porque somos de cerca de las Niagara Falls, y habíamos pensado que
tal vez Niagara Bicycle era un fabricante local desaparecido desde hace mucho tiempo (por supuesto que
no lo eran, eran cubanos, similar a la
"Havana Barbecue Sauce", que se hace en South Carolina).
Pero esas son fotos y artículos interesantes en cualquier caso!
Gracias de nuevo! (¿Algún material más de juego de mesa?)
Saludos cordiales --

Roland 49 08-01-2021 04:09 PM

B.7999

1 Attachment(s)
I have to review the complete thread to see what I have shown you, because when I was looking for what you wanted and you were more than 2 months without responding, save everything, but when I have time and review I will look for you, so as not to put the same thing again Once, now you will see 3 ashtrays with a baseball theme, although these are used to hang them on the wall and so I have them in my house.

Butch7999 08-02-2021 04:34 PM

Gracias, Roland - muy agradable! Tenemos un cenicero similar al tercero (más a la derecha) en su imagen,
pero sin la figura del jugador y no hecho para colgar! El conjunto de tres en su foto es maravilloso.

Disculpas nuevamente por nuestra ausencia, pero como dijimos, hemos estado lidiando
con muchos problemas médicos graves y simplemente no vimos su mensaje #209.
Saludos!

Roland 49 08-02-2021 06:28 PM

B.7999

1 Attachment(s)
I don't remember if I previously sent you this.

Butch7999 08-03-2021 09:38 AM

No, eso es nuevo.
Errrr... ¿Qué es?

Roland 49 08-04-2021 11:10 AM

B.7999

1 Attachment(s)
I will look to see what I have of what I showed you, I know I have one just like Havana, now metal molds of a card game from Almendares

Butch7999 08-04-2021 02:01 PM

Hola Roland -- gracias por mostrar eso! Cosas muy interesantes.

El mazo de Almendares no parece ser un mazo estándar de naipes. ¿Es un juego de béisbol jugado con cartas,
o es una baraja estándar decorada con imágenes de béisbol? ¿Puedes contarnos más al respecto?

Además, ¿cuál es la imagen que mostró en el post #292? ¿Una placa? ¿Una pegatina?
Gracias de nuevo! Saludos cordiales --

Roland 49 08-04-2021 06:14 PM

B.7999

1 Attachment(s)
Look, I think it is a normal game of cards with figures of the emblems of Cuban baseball, for example in the mold you see small scorpions that is the symbol of Almendares, I have them from the 4 teams if you want I can send them to you so you can see them, Now you will see a card from the Almendares of Casa Vasallo these are 40 decks 10 for each team I think it is the Spanish deck that is played with 40 cards.

Roland 49 08-07-2021 05:07 PM

Fosforera Almendares

1 Attachment(s)
Now I show you a gasoline match made by "Zippo" with the emblem of the Almendares, I also have the Havana.

Butch7999 08-09-2021 10:30 AM

Hola de nuevo, Roland! ¡Esos son algunos elementos fascinantes que estás mostrando! Gracias por mostrarlos.
¡No te detengas! (¡Pero nos preocupa que te quedes sin cosas interesantes para publicar!)
Saludos cordiales-

Roland 49 08-09-2021 01:33 PM

B.7999

1 Attachment(s)
You wrote the following in Spanish:! We are concerned that you will run out of cool things to show! I will tell you that in the memorabilia of Cuban baseball in the professional stage until 1961, there are several thousand different things, I have seen part of that, and I have dedicated more than 35 years to cataloging them, so far in 3 volumes, if I had time I could post 10 messages on the thread every day for years, but I don't have time, in my daily tasks I have a lot to do that has nothing to do with baseball, but I always try to find something for them to see, I never mention my problems individuals, but I will tell you something, a son of mine and the girlfriend were admitted with the covid, follower my wife for more than 40 years got sick from the same thing and was 18 days in serious condition, with oxygen etc, some of those who see this They meet her when they visit me and have tried the coffee that she has given them, luckily she is already in the better house, and look at it I have always looked for a time to publish something to all who see my threads, at this moment a daughter is admitted mine who is pregnant, because of her erte is not covid, and they are constant visits to hospitals, not counting all that I have to search for them daily in terms of their needs, food, etc. and I passed 70 years, but I'm still in the fight, now you will see a board game called Hit and Run, I don't know if I sent it to you before, greetings.

Roland 49 08-11-2021 11:25 AM

Pines Series Mundiales

1 Attachment(s)
These pins have nothing to do with Cuban baseball, but now I found them, I bought them more than 20 years ago and took a photo of them, they are from different world series.

Roland 49 08-12-2021 06:22 PM

B.7999

1 Attachment(s)
2 days ago I sent you a photo of the Hit and Run game, I do not remember if I sent it earlier, you told me that sometimes days go by and because of your complications you do not enter the thread, now you have the complete set of 40 Vasallo cards, when you see it, let me know,

Roland 49 08-14-2021 12:47 PM

1928 Billiken y La Moda

1 Attachment(s)
The collection of the 1928 Billiken and La Moda cigars with the Cincinnati players is very rare, now I show you a small part of the photo used for one of the cards of that collection, the ad is shown in the rubber stamp stamped in the photo original file.

Roland 49 08-15-2021 10:44 AM

Catalogo Billiken y La Moda

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I showed part of a photo that was used to print the 1928 Billiken cards, now you will see one of the sheets of my catalog where this collection appears, below a propaganda photo of the series that measures 8x10 inches, I ask those who see this Thread that they publish the cards they have from this rare collection, I would appreciate it if you would.

Butch7999 08-16-2021 12:50 PM

Hola de nuevo, Roland! Nuestras disculpas por mantenerlo esperando. Lamentamos saber de los problemas de salud
en su familia, pero nos complace saber que se están recuperando. ¡Usted administra su tiempo mucho mejor que nosotros!

Le sugerimos que podría quedarse sin cosas para mostrar sólo como una broma amistosa, debido a la cantidad
de cosas maravillosas que ya ha demostrado! ¡Esperamos que nuestra traducción computarizada no te haya dado
una mala impresión!

Gracias por el anuncio de
Hit & Run! No habíamos visto ni sabido nada de este juego. ¿Tienes más de eso para mostrar?

Muchas gracias también por el vistazo al juego completo de las tarjetas de Café Vassallo! ¡Fascinante!
Saludos cordiales --

Roland 49 08-16-2021 02:04 PM

B.7999

1 Attachment(s)
B7999, don't worry, I immediately realized that it was a friendly joke, just like when I was wrong and I posted a photo of the Dodgers and I put one of my 1954 Dodge car, and you said that you were half an hour looking for the team, that It made me laugh, thanks for worrying about the health of my family, it is getting better little by little, every day I have to take her to the hospital for a treatment, a few minutes ago I came back, as for the game Hit and Run I don't have much, Now you will see some small cards with the names of some players, I got them a long time ago and for something that I found out at that time I put the plastic box where I keep that name, but perhaps it was that they really belong to that game, now you will see some with the names, when you see it, let me know so you can see more, greetings.

Roland 49 08-18-2021 11:57 AM

B.7999

1 Attachment(s)
Now I show you another Hit and Run group.

Butch7999 08-18-2021 03:34 PM

Hola Roland, gracias de nuevo por un vistazo a estas pequeñas partes peculiares del juego!
Sería muy interesante saber cómo se jugó el juego.

¡Nos complace escuchar que la Sra. Roland está mejorando! Le deseamos lo mejor a ella y a usted.

También nos preocupaba que tú no pudieran continuar su conversación aquí -- leímos en las noticias
esta mañana que hay una nueva ofensiva contra Internet en su país. Nos complace verte todavía aquí!
(¿O no estás donde hemos inferido que realmente estás ubicado?)

Saludos cordiales --

Cubanralph 08-19-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland 49 (Post 2124008)

Rolando, he leido tu catalogo y te felicito. Has hecho un trabajo ejemplar. No existe ningun otro tomo como el que has hecho. Hacia falta esto con tal de educar al publico y coleccionistas en general. Te apoyo en tu labor.

Roland 49 08-19-2021 07:59 PM

Ralph

Ralph in your message in Spanish you wrote: 'Rolando, I have read your catalog and I congratulate you. You have done an exemplary job. There is no other volume like the one you have made. This was needed in order to educate the public and collectors in general. I support you in your work. "Now I answer you in English: Ralph, thank you very much for what you say about my catalog, my intention is that everyone knows more about Cuban baseball, and its memorabilia in general and I try to do it with my modest knowledge. Best possible, it is almost 40 years of research that I have dedicated to fulfill that purpose.

moranbpc8 08-19-2021 08:15 PM

Cuban Card Catalogue

Hola Senor Roland 49:
Lo siento mucho por favor. Mi espana no es bueno. Como es possible a comprar su libro Cuban Card Catalogue. Gracias por su assistencia.
moranbpc8

I am sorry. My Spanish is not very good. How is it possible to purchase your book Cuban Card catalogue. Thank you for your assistence.
Sincerely,
moranbpc8

Roland 49 08-20-2021 11:12 AM

Brian, now I read your message and I answer you, currently due to covid19 there is a complicated situation since the beginning of this year, only 10 numbered catalogs have been printed, of these 4 are Cuban, 3 are in the United States that were sold on ebay and There are 3 others that I have waiting to be taken away since February, but nobody has been able to come to look for it, not to mention that some friends of mine in the US have asked me Puerto Rico etc. The first to arrive takes them and then I will send more to print, I think that the covid situation will soon normalize, if the first one to arrive in Cuba is the one from Spain then he will sell them on ebay

Roland 49 08-21-2021 12:07 PM

B.7999

1 Attachment(s)
I don't remember if I showed you this complete Parchis game.

aljurgela 08-21-2021 01:11 PM

here are a couple of fun ones

2 Attachment(s)
Enjoy

Roland 49 08-22-2021 02:10 PM

Al Jurgela

1 Attachment(s)
You have shown 2 excellent cards, Charleston and O'Neill, yesterday in my other thread I showed you the scan of your Lloyd de la Mallorquina card along with others from Almendares when that card was mine a few years ago, I don't know if you saw it, now I show you a photo that I took to my catalog of a fragment of one of the sheets of the Sports Almanac collection and you will see O'Neill, on the uncut sheet in a block of 8 Cards.

Butch7999 08-23-2021 05:04 PM

Hola Roland, gracias! Sí, el juego de Parchi De Portivo es uno de los pocos con los que estamos familiarizados,
pero nunca hemos podido identificar al fabricante. ¿Sabes quién fue el fabricante, o el año de producción?
Saludos cordiales --

JMANOS 08-23-2021 05:49 PM

Wasn't there a rare recent Babe Ruth Cuban card discovered??

Wonder what that would fetch in todays world $$$$$$$$$$$

Roland 49 08-23-2021 06:02 PM

Jmanos

You ask me that a new Cuban card of Babe Ruth was discovered, well about that I don't know anything, I would have to see the photo, you have that image, can you show it to me?

Roland 49 08-24-2021 04:57 PM

Botella Habana

1 Attachment(s)
From the Cuban baseball memorabilia, now I show a bottle of the Habana team drink, it is from my collection to have its original painting and it is in my very good state of conservation but it has a very special characteristic and that is that this bottle has never been opened, it has Its cork and is sealed with the factory label on top of the cork and of course it has the drink added since the late 40s. In my collection are those of the 4 teams with their original paint, they were made with pitchers and batters.

ZenPop 08-24-2021 11:03 PM

Wow... That's absolutely wonderful!!!!
A beautiful art piece.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland 49 (Post 2137920)
From the Cuban baseball memorabilia, now I show a bottle of the Habana team drink, it is from my collection to have its original painting and it is in my very good state of conservation but it has a very special characteristic and that is that this bottle has never been opened, it has Its cork and is sealed with the factory label on top of the cork and of course it has the drink added since the late 40s. In my collection are those of the 4 teams with their original paint, they were made with pitchers and batters.

Roland 49 08-25-2021 02:28 PM

Pulseras

1 Attachment(s)
Now I show bracelets from Almendares and Habana, each of them has several medallions with different drawings,