Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tywagner1223 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=233966)

itjclarke 01-16-2017 02:42 PM

Tywagner1223

Hi, does anyone know if eBay seller Tywagner1223 is a board member? If so, just trying to contact him. Thanks

rainier2004 01-17-2017 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itjclarke (Post 1621162)
Hi, does anyone know if eBay seller Tywagner1223 is a board member? If so, just trying to contact him. Thanks

Good luck with that, he doesn't negotiate if that is your question. He also isn't the best about responding in general.

Leon 01-17-2017 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainier2004 (Post 1621364)
Good luck with that, he doesn't negotiate if that is your question. He also isn't the best about responding in general.

If it is the same person (Jeff?) I think it is he isn't a member for a variety of reasons.

itjclarke 01-18-2017 12:15 AM

Thanks for heads up guys. I received a few separate messages that maybe help explain my experience.

Still don't know the full, prior story as it may have played out here. In my case there was no disaster, no scam, and I'm out nothing, so it obviously could have been worse. But there was a frustrating lack of interest in my multiple inquiries and offers, (4-5 over a week+) which started at about 85-90% of asking and reached 95%. Once I learned of the 10% discount, I would have likely just paid his full asking... but he decided to re-list at a substantially increased asking price ($300-$400 more) over the weekend. When he finally responded to my offer with a counter offer Monday, it was at$200+ more than the full BIN asking price had been last week when I started sending messages.

By then, it was Monday night, and I wanted to get the 10% coupon, so just decided to buy another card, from a seller who immediately responded to my offer with a nice counter offer.

None of this was a big deal, but don't think I'll be making offers on that original card any time soon.

Eggoman 01-18-2017 08:17 AM

I feel your frustration because I OFTEN am ignored when I ask for additional information or an additional scan...

I struggle to understand why someone who SELLS baseball cards cannot be bothered when someone else actually wants to BUY those cards...

Can any of you "Grey Beards" help me out!

itjclarke 01-19-2017 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eggoman (Post 1621711)
I feel your frustration because I OFTEN am ignored when I ask for additional information or an additional scan...

I struggle to understand why someone who SELLS baseball cards cannot be bothered when someone else actually wants to BUY those cards...

I hear ya. I'm usually pretty patient/understanding, as I know many may just be selling on the side, may not have time, or simply may not be as into it as others. This guy however left some nice $ on the table due to what seemed total indifference to selling the card, which had otherwise sat for months, maybe a year on eBay as a BIN. Given the price hike, I expect it may sit another year. I know I'm not buying it.

JasonD08 01-20-2017 04:41 PM

He is the seller and he can ask whatever he wants AND change the price. I would not do business this way, but it is his item. If you do not like it, just simply avoid doing the deal.

bnorth 01-20-2017 04:46 PM

COMC is getting horrible also. Getting a lot of the museum listings and the people that jack up their prices if you make a offer.

itjclarke 01-20-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonD08 (Post 1622540)
He is the seller and he can ask whatever he wants AND change the price. I would not do business this way, but it is his item. If you do not like it, just simply avoid doing the deal.

That's fine, and as the "buyer" I will not be buying. I definitely didn't start the thread in a negative way toward the seller. I was hoping he'd be a board member, or would at least have some friends here who could help connect me with him since he hadn't responded to my multiple eBay inquiries. I instead got a handful of "stay away" warnings, and I'll heed that advice. I'm sure others have had, and will have good dealings with him too. He's got some nice cards, just some seemingly odd selling practices.

Brian Van Horn 01-21-2017 03:12 AM

Jeff Powell. Dealt with him in the late 1900s and early 2000's without a problem.

gnaz01 01-21-2017 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn (Post 1622647)
Jeff Powell. Dealt with him in the late 1900s.

Didn't know you were that old Brian :D

ricktmd 01-21-2017 09:53 AM

Tywagner1223

I know the guy and deal with him quite a bit from 1996 through 2006 or so. Sometimes he would give great deals or straight purchase and trades. Other times he would quote super high prices. I lost contact with him directly a few years back. I have also tried to make a few deals with him on ebay and he doesn't reply. In general he is a pretty decent guy just not always easy to buy from

Brian Van Horn 01-21-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnaz01 (Post 1622656)
didn't know you were that old brian :d

lol. :)

Rhotchkiss 01-16-2022 01:02 PM

Does anyone have this guy’s email address or a way to contact off eBay? If so, I would appreciate the info/help. Thanks

Ryan

Peter_Spaeth 01-16-2022 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 2186176)
Does anyone have this guy’s email address or a way to contact off eBay? If so, I would appreciate the info/help. Thanks

Ryan

I emailed him a few months back about a card on ebay and he did not answer, but he did immediately raise the BIN price which already was high.

Rhotchkiss 01-16-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2186177)
I emailed him a few months back about a card on ebay and he did not answer, but he did immediately raise the BIN price which already was high.

Lol. From what I have been reading, I am not surprised. Can you PM me his email address? Thanks

Peter_Spaeth 01-16-2022 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 2186179)
Lol. From what I have been reading, I am not surprised. Can you PM me his email address? Thanks

Ryan I'll look for it, doubt I kept it.

Casey2296 01-16-2022 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itjclarke (Post 1621663)
Thanks for heads up guys. I received a few separate messages that maybe help explain my experience.

Still don't know the full, prior story as it may have played out here. In my case there was no disaster, no scam, and I'm out nothing, so it obviously could have been worse. But there was a frustrating lack of interest in my multiple inquiries and offers, (4-5 over a week+) which started at about 85-90% of asking and reached 95%. Once I learned of the 10% discount, I would have likely just paid his full asking... but he decided to re-list at a substantially increased asking price ($300-$400 more) over the weekend. When he finally responded to my offer with a counter offer Monday, it was at$200+ more than the full BIN asking price had been last week when I started sending messages.

By then, it was Monday night, and I wanted to get the 10% coupon, so just decided to buy another card, from a seller who immediately responded to my offer with a nice counter offer.

None of this was a big deal, but don't think I'll be making offers on that original card any time soon.

That's his MO Ian, I've experienced the same thing. Make a respectable offer and he'll bump the listing price.

Casey2296 01-16-2022 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 2186176)

Ryan

I've got his email and phone at the office, I'll email you with it tomorrow

mrreality68 01-16-2022 02:27 PM

He does have some nice cards for sale

carlsonjok 01-16-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eggoman (Post 1621711)

I think the cab scene from "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" is an appropriate metaphor.

Peter_Spaeth 01-16-2022 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=mrreality68;2186211]He does have some nice cards/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you.

Rhotchkiss 01-16-2022 03:48 PM

Thanks Phil

zoomfest 01-16-2022 05:11 PM

I traded some texts on E Bay regardimg an overpriced card. He was quite illogical and annoyimg.

gabrinus 01-16-2022 05:23 PM

time frame

Dealt with him in the same time frame as Brian VH and he always seemed ok...Jerry

rjackson44 01-16-2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1622543)
COMC is getting horrible also. Getting a lot of the museum listings and the people that jack up their prices if you make a offer.

Hi Ben comc and starstock really terrible omg

edjs 01-16-2022 07:15 PM

He and I had a few cordial discussions. He was fine to discuss cards, just had his ways, I had mine. We did not reach a deal that I remember, but he wasn’t an a-hole.

Peter_Spaeth 01-16-2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edjs (Post 2186293)
He and I had a few cordial discussions. He was fine to discuss cards, just had his ways, I had mine. We did not reach a deal that I remember, but he wasn’t an a-hole.

Refusing to answer a polite and serious inquiry on a card, except to raise the BIN price, is a hole behavior IMO.

chadeast 01-16-2022 09:35 PM

My advice is to not waste your time with this seller. They are one of a select few sellers on Ebay that I simply ignore now, like Dean's. If you're not willing to lower your asking price more than a few percent, you shouldn't use "or best offer" listings.

Eric72 01-17-2022 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2186297)
Refusing to answer a polite and serious inquiry on a card, except to raise the BIN price, is a hole behavior IMO.

+1

4815162342 12-12-2023 07:00 PM

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I had this same experience over the weekend. I made an offer, it was immediately rejected, the BIN price was raised, and I was blocked from making another offer. I sent a message, but it was ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter_Spaeth 12-12-2023 07:18 PM

I feel like I just saw a ghost. Wow.

Casey2296 12-12-2023 07:32 PM

Such a strange business model. If you want the card best to just swallow the bitter pill and hit the BIN or move on to save your sanity.

raulus 12-12-2023 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey2296 (Post 2396630)
Such a strange business model. If you want the card best to just swallow the bitter pill and hit the BIN or move on to save your sanity.

HA.

Another option- if the seller refuses to accept your offer, then get all pissed off and start sending inflammatory messages, and call the seller a long list of names.

Had this happen to me a couple of months ago with an item I had listed on eBay.

Naturally, I blocked him.

Casey2296 12-12-2023 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raulus (Post 2396641)
HA.

Another option- if the seller refuses to accept your offer, then get all pissed off and start sending inflammatory messages, and call the seller a long list of names.

Had this happen to me a couple of months ago with an item I had listed on eBay.

Naturally, I blocked him.

And did you raise your BIN after that?

I've always been fair with my offers and polite in my interactions, Ty has the habit of raising the BIN after any offer. Seems strange to me. Better to hit the BIN and save yourself the frustration.

raulus 12-12-2023 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey2296 (Post 2396643)
And did you raise your BIN after that?

I've always been fair with my offers and polite in my interactions, Ty has the habit of raising the BIN after any offer. Seems strange to me. Better to hit the BIN and save yourself the frustration.

I didn’t change my BIN. Since it seemed to vex him so greatly, I did offer to remove the “make an offer” button. But that offer only seemed to enrage him further, and led to more verbal abuse from his side..

And in the end, I just left my listing as it was.

brianp-beme 12-12-2023 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raulus (Post 2396645)
I didn’t change my BIN. Since it seemed to vex him so greatly, I did offer to remove the “make an offer” button. But that offer only seemed to enrage him further, and led to more verbal abuse from his side..

And in the end, I just left my listing as it was.

What is the listing? I might just make an offer you can't refuse.

Brian (I'm known in the Family as 'Knuckles')

JollyElm 12-12-2023 09:48 PM

Like that football player's bang buddy sings, "Haters gonna hate."

EddieP 12-13-2023 12:18 AM

Tywagner one of the eBay Museum’s notorious curators.

rjackson44 12-13-2023 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1622543)

Out of control ben your right

raulus 12-13-2023 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 2396655)
What is the listing? I might just make an offer you can't refuse.

Brian (I'm known in the Family as 'Knuckles')

HA.

Good question. It happened over the summer while I was on vacation down under, so it's been a hot minute. Most of the stuff that I have listed on eBay is not easy to find, so my prices are high retail for sure. Of course, most of my stuff also has limited demand, so it's going to sit for a while.

I think it might have been this Bazooka Stamp Complete Panel:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134096912488

Kutcher55 12-13-2023 04:36 PM

I would say it’s generally a dick move and demonstrates hostility when a seller responds to an offer or email by raising the price of the card. But it is his card so whatever I guess. Nothing up there for sale seems particularly competitive from a market perspective so whatever. There are other fish in the sea.

gunboat82 12-13-2023 04:52 PM

If I make him an offer and he quickly rejects it but doesn't raise the Buy It Now price, does it mean he kind of likes me?

CW 12-13-2023 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunboat82 (Post 2396890)
If I make him an offer and he quickly rejects it but doesn't raise the Buy It Now price, does it mean he kind of likes me?

HA! Good one. :)

I am half tempted to make a $960 offer on that Bazooka stamp panel to see what happens, but I don't want to take the chance that he accepts the offer.

raulus 12-13-2023 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CW (Post 2396909)
HA! Good one. :)

I am half tempted to make a $960 offer on that Bazooka stamp panel to see what happens, but I don't want to take the chance that he accepts the offer.

HA. Go ahead and make your offer. I guarantee it will be accepted in about 3 seconds.