Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   E95 Plank--PWCC auction (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=241997)

Peter_Spaeth 07-07-2017 07:01 AM

When I have one to start, David, you will see it. Now back to your gratuitous hostility...

PS A system with varying 10, 8 and 4 point gaps between full grades is odd to me, even if it's laid out on the flip.

darwinbulldog 07-07-2017 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cammb (Post 1678278)
Why are we justifying the grade of PSA 3? I don't care how nice it looks. It has been tampered with and deserves an Authentic and nothing else

Surely any card with a MK qualifier has been tampered with, no? What's the difference between writing a letter on it and stamping a letter on it?

vintagetoppsguy 07-07-2017 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1678298)
When I have one to start, David, you will see it. Now back to your gratuitous hostility...

No hostility, Peter. I just didn't understand your ridiculous comment about SGC. Nobody is saying that SGC is better than PSA, so why even bring them up in the first place?

Peter_Spaeth 07-07-2017 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1678303)
No hostility, Peter. I just didn't understand your ridiculous comment about SGC. Nobody is saying that SGC is better than PSA, so why even bring them up in the first place?

Just my train of thought I guess. As I was reading about what seems to be confusion and complexity with PSA grading it occurred to me that SGC also had some quirks.

Brent Huigens 07-07-2017 03:53 PM

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We agree that this should have been graded a 3 MK, and regret we missed this in the listing. We reached out to the buyer and offered to accept a return. I will update this thread when we hear from the buyer on his/her decision.

Thank you,

Betsy Huigens
PWCC Auctions

Jay Wolt 07-07-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

This is very disappointing, as I pointed this issue out to the seller no fewer than 4 times, and they said they would "look into it."
Betsy The OP contacted you before the auction ended. Why didn't you look into it then?

Peter_Spaeth 07-07-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Wolt (Post 1678505)
Betsy The OP contacted you before the auction ended. Why didn't you look into it then?

"No fewer than 4 times" is what the OP said.

Brian 07-07-2017 04:57 PM

Betsy, thank you for reaching out to the buyer.
FYI, this was the communication I had received long before the auction ended:

"Thank you very much for reaching out about this. We are looking into this further and will get back to you about the corrections. Thank you again!

Best Regards,

Melody Simnitt

PWCC Auctions, LLC"

PS No one ever got back to me "about the corrections."

Brent Huigens 07-07-2017 06:17 PM

In discussions with my team it sounds like this was missed, and for that, we take full responsibility. We will use this as a reminder of the importance to following up with concerns about mistakes in listings. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and for highlighting an area that needs improvement. Again, I will follow up when I learn what the buyer decides to do.

Thank you,

Betsy Huigens
PWCC Auctions

itjclarke 07-08-2017 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1678506)
"No fewer than 4 times" is what the OP said.

I also emailed the seller about this card maybe 2-3 days prior to the auction's end.

Brian 07-11-2017 07:06 AM

Betsy, any updates? Just curious what happened.

Thanks.
Brian

Brent Huigens 07-15-2017 09:21 PM

We have not received a response from the buyer, but plan to follow up with him/her on Monday. I will update this thread when we manage to connect with him/her. Thanks!

Betsy Huigens
PWCC Auctions

pokerplyr80 07-16-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1678294)
Admittedly there are some wrinkles (none go through both sides so to me they are wrinkles but they are there)..... still not sure about the check mark and why it still received a 2.5? Is a 2.5 card with a check mark still a 2.5?

My guess is they missed the mark as well. The grade never would have been 2.5 mk as qualified cards do not get the half grade bump. I also highly doubt a card that was supposed to have a qualifier but was lowered to a non qualified grade would get the half grade. Half grades are quite rare with PSA and are reserved for cards that have exceptional eye appeal.for the grade level.

Brent Huigens 07-18-2017 11:11 AM

Our team has made three attempts to connect with the buyer, and to date, have not received a response. If he/she reaches out to us, we will honor our offer of a refund.

Betsy Huigens
PWCC Auctions

swarmee 07-18-2017 05:15 PM

What happened with the George Brett "blackless" PSA 10 that you listed even though it was just a mechanical flip error? I guess it was pulled after many people reported it to your team. Did it get returned to the owner, or did they agree to send it to PSA as a mechanical error reholder?

frankbmd 07-18-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1678292)
Let's stick with SGC, it makes so much more sense -- 50 55 60 70 80 82 84 etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1678297)
Failed attempt at sarcasm. SGC still lists the numeric 10 point grade on the flip (e.g. 55 = 4.5, 60 = 5, 70 = 5.5, etc) so what's the difference?

Don't you have another PWCC bash thread to start?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1678298)

PS A system with varying 10, 8 and 4 point gaps between full grades is odd to me, even if it's laid out on the flip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1678303)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1678306)
Just my train of thought I guess. As I was reading about what seems to be confusion and complexity with PSA grading it occurred to me that SGC also had some quirks.

Pardon my interruption, Betsy. I know you are busy, but when Peter and David quibble, an intervention is often needed. David, I think Peter's point was HIS hope that SGC would adopt a straight forward grading scale such as BCCG.:eek: