Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Net54 speak translation / what it means really (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=326129)

1952boyntoncollector 10-11-2022 12:21 PM

Net54 speak translation / what it means really

'Bump for price reduction' - Yeah i know i asked too much but i really thought my card was way better than all of the other cards in the same grade and worth 20 percent more, but now this time, i am exactly right on the price of the card so dont ask for me to reduce

'Nice card' Nice card, but zero chance will pay your asking price, and hey i get to add another post on my post count.

'Looking for offers' I am afraid to to ask for a price that it will sell for because I will be missing out on a higher price, so I will only ask for offers and only willing to sell a card for a price that noone is willing to pay, so I wont be selling it for less than its worth. What is is worth? Well Im looking for offers to tell me that but rest assured I wont offer it at that price.

Successful Transactions with 'x y z'- You should hear about the unsuccessful transactions I have had, but I wont bore you with that, ill just tell you the ones that I have had successful transactions with, if i list more than 20 of them, please dont check each one, because I am hiding a few lets say 'not successful' transactions in them ....who would have the time to check...

More to list ....

Rad_Hazard 10-11-2022 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 2272449)
'Bump for price reduction' - Yeah i know i asked too much but i really thought my card was way better than all of the other cards in the same grade and worth 20 percent more, but now this time, i am exactly right on the price of the card so dont ask for me to reduce

'Nice card' Nice card, but zero chance will pay your asking price, and hey i get to add another post on my post count.

'Looking for offers' I am afraid to to ask for a price that it will sell for because I will be missing out on a higher price, so I will only ask for offers and only willing to sell a card for a price that noone is willing to pay, so I wont be selling it for less than its worth. What is is worth? Well Im looking for offers to tell me that but rest assured I wont offer it at that price.

Successful Transactions with 'x y z'- You should hear about the unsuccessful transactions I have had, but I wont bore you with that, ill just tell you the ones that I have had successful transactions with, if i list more than 20 of them, please dont check each one, because I am hiding a few lets say 'not successful' transactions in them ....who would have the time to check...

More to list ....

I would mostly agree with all of those except "Successful Transactions". I took my formatting from another member and added this to my signature. The ones I listed are my ONLY Net54 transactions thus far, just want to give people a jumping off point for references. It's for helping others whom I may deal with. Thankfully I've not had any unsuccessful transactions.

BobbyStrawberry 10-11-2022 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rad_Hazard (Post 2272465)
I would mostly agree with all of those except "Successful Transactions". I took my formatting from another member and added this to my signature. The ones I listed are my ONLY Net54 transactions thus far, just want to give people a jumping off point for references. It's for helping others whom I may deal with. Thankfully I've not had any unsuccessful transactions.

Did you steal my baseball emoji, Jeremy?? :p

Rad_Hazard 10-11-2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry (Post 2272551)
Did you steal my baseball emoji, Jeremy?? :p

N…. Yes :D

BobbyStrawberry 10-11-2022 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rad_Hazard (Post 2272552)
N…. Yes :D

:) I was surprised no one else was doing it actually..

Peter_Spaeth 10-11-2022 05:40 PM

$$$$$SOLD but the price is secret.

BobbyStrawberry 10-11-2022 05:44 PM

My only issue with the "listening to offers" line is that, even if I want the item, I usually don't offer anything lest the seller possibly take offense at what they perceive to be a low offer. (Hasn't happened to me on here but has on ebay)

1952boyntoncollector 10-11-2022 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rad_Hazard (Post 2272465)

some of the definitions are more joke than fact....just joking

1952boyntoncollector 10-11-2022 08:50 PM

If cant sell, moving them to Auction House- I've bumped my listing 5 times and no takers so i know losing 20% to an AH will still get me way more money, you all just lost out on a great deal, perhaps i wont send the card or not, but at least no one will ask me 5 years later if i still have my 1951 rookie Mays card at what was a ridiculous price 5 years ago but now 5 years later its a ridiculous price in the other direction....

Casey2296 10-11-2022 09:23 PM

Sales is sales, the nice thing about this sub is most people are genuine with their collecting goals and honest in their dealings.

Republicaninmass 10-12-2022 03:47 AM

Family owned for decades - bought at garage sale

Jim65 10-12-2022 04:11 AM

"Make offers, no idea of value" I know exactly what its worth and can quote last 10 sales if you lowball me, I'm just hoping for a sucker to offer more

NiceDocter 10-12-2022 08:54 AM

A variation

A variation of the “If I don’t get my price I’m sending it to XYZ Auction House”…. must sell by this weekend or it’s going back in my collection….. to be followed by the 1 week bump the 1 month bump the 3 month bump and the 1 year bump LOL

Kzoo 10-12-2022 09:44 AM

'Email me for scans'... Means I'm too lazy/computer illiterate to post them here, or I don't have my shit together and have nothing scanned at all, but will scan cards if someone might seem interested.

1952boyntoncollector 10-12-2022 10:55 AM

selling for a friend- they are my cards but now you cant blame me now if prices are too high or if i say cant accept your lower offer because my friend wont allow me too..

1952boyntoncollector 10-12-2022 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 2272655)
"Make offers, no idea of value" I know exactly what its worth and can quote last 10 sales if you lowball me, I'm just hoping for a sucker to offer more

Listening to offers - I am afraid of giving card away too cheap so i will take everyones offer so then i can list the card as a ebay BIN for 30% more than the highest offer i listened too...

Peter_Spaeth 10-12-2022 11:45 AM

Priced to sell.

Uh, ok.

bnorth 10-12-2022 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 2272655)

LOL that one and "looking to trade only" then wanting 20X what there card is worth plus a kidney.

1952boyntoncollector 10-12-2022 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2272777)
Priced to sell.

Uh, ok.

funny when see priced to sell bumped 10 times.

ullmandds 10-13-2022 07:01 AM

cards that are undervalued/cards that are art/cards that are iconic=cards that said collector/investor possesses that he/she are trying to pimp!

Leon 10-13-2022 11:29 AM

Good stuff guys, so this was moved to the front page.

bobbyw8469 10-13-2022 11:40 AM

How about - "Why did my card sell so cheaply compared to others?", and when you point out the reasons why, they get mad at you for pointing out what they did wrong? Where does that land in the scale?

parkplace33 10-13-2022 12:00 PM

Top Pop - Maybe be a great card or maybe a card that nobody else has bother to grade.

HobokenJon 10-13-2022 12:43 PM

“Presents much better.”
“Great eye appeal for a 1.5.”
“Act now, or I’m putting it on eBay.”
“Might be trimmed.” (means it’s definitely trimmed)

Leon 10-13-2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HobokenJon (Post 2273051)
“Presents much better.”
“Great eye appeal for a 1.5.”
“Act now, or I’m putting it on eBay.”
“Might be trimmed.” (means it’s definitely trimmed)

Hey....leave the great eye appeal for a 1.5 alone!

1952boyntoncollector 10-13-2022 02:22 PM

Besides the rip down the middle and the paint stains, and the obvious print defect and the paper loss the card is great and attractive to the eye...

1952boyntoncollector 10-13-2022 02:25 PM

I cant believe the buyer guy blew the deal over $5.00 (of course that means the seller blew the deal also over $5.00)

JeremyW 10-13-2022 02:40 PM

"perfect centering"/ not really
"well centered"/ not that well
I'm not a centering maniac & sometimes buy cards that are poorly centered. It doesn't take a pixel counter to recognize the centering of a card.

Gorditadogg 10-13-2022 02:58 PM

"Dead centered, snowy white borders, razor-sharp corners."

If the pics could only match the description.

HobokenJon 10-13-2022 09:35 PM

“Authenticated Autograph” (on a 112-year-old T206 card where it’s already been documented by the photo-matching fraud sleuths to be fake, and nobody knows what the guy’s real autograph looked like)

“Fresh From Vending Box” (grossly off-center, miscut, four dinged corners, photo resolution problems, snowy picture and a large print spot on the player’s crotch.)

“Pack Fresh” (see above, plus wax stains)

“New Holder - Fresh From PSA” (graded a 9 in 1998, reholdered in 2022, would get a 6 if cracked out today and resubmitted)

“Authentic” (restored by card doctor with intent to deceive)

“F. Scott Fitzgerald back stamp” (come on, who the hell knows?)

bbcard1 10-13-2022 09:39 PM

"Selling at my cost" means "I bought at the top of the Covid bubble."

Casey2296 10-13-2022 09:41 PM

Haha! Can't disagree with the comments here, but let's not lose sight of the buyer excuses when there's a rare card they need for their collection. Y'all turn into a bunch of vapid whores.

UKCardGuy 10-14-2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey2296 (Post 2273200)
Y'all turn into a bunch of vapid whores.

LOL. Great turn of phrase.

ALBB 10-15-2022 05:54 AM

selling

very amusing posts here...and very true !

1952boyntoncollector 10-15-2022 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2273027)
Good stuff guys, so this was moved to the front page.

wow my thread got 'called up' to the big leagues.

maybe should be a hall of fame section for the most longest/popular threads....

1952boyntoncollector 10-15-2022 10:01 AM

Looking to buy, I've seen all on ebay

Why do you direct me to ebay listings, i of course am aware of them and not interested in those prices that you cited there even if want to do a direct deal for less than the ebay fee as I also dont like the centering or type of card, i would of checked with the ebay seller( if it was not you) if was close to a deal....

Also not sure when the card i am looking for has sales at $400 in past 3 sales why the heck you would direct me to a $900 dollar listing from a museum listing thats been there for 4 years..

Cmon friend, I could get more help from vegetarian at a all you can eat rib buffet than you trying to help me in my search of a card if all you are going to do is cite ebay listings...as i said, ive seen all on ebay.....

theshowandme 10-15-2022 10:36 AM

“What’s your email?” aka “I don’t know how to download Tapatalk to upload pictures”

Leon 10-17-2022 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshowandme (Post 2273609)
“What’s your email?” aka “I don’t know how to download Tapatalk to upload pictures”

This forum hosts pictures pretty well itself.

As for other sayings....

If this doesn't sell it's going back into my collection...........is always a good one. It means if I can find a sucker to pay what I crazily think it's worth, I will sell it.

G1911 10-17-2022 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2274404)
This forum hosts pictures pretty well itself.

As for other sayings....

If this doesn't sell it's going back into my collection...........is always a good one. It means if I can find a sucker to pay what I crazily think it's worth, I will sell it.

It would be awesome if it could handle an upload file over 1mb. I at least have to edit any picture to be under that threshold for it to upload at all, before it then auto converts to the c.200kb (sometimes a few over, I don't know the actual limit) file size the system likes. It's pretty hard to find a phone or camera that doesn't have over 1mb photos these days, most phones are over 5x that. Just casting a meaningless vote if that can be updated to scale with current tech

1952boyntoncollector 10-21-2022 06:08 AM

bump bump offers?

asking price given bump week later bumper 3 days later bump 3 days later bump...month later bump, bump bump bump bump.

offers?

anyone?

anyone out there?

offers anyone?

This means if you give an offer below asking you are insulting the seller.and you will be notified this as well as the 'ill just keep it' 'send to AH'

followed by 'no longer available' means didnt sell it..

1952boyntoncollector 10-21-2022 06:09 AM

im leaving the hobby

'im leaving the hobby' maybe ill get good offers on my listings....means i am NOT leaving the hobby...

Leon 10-21-2022 06:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by G1911 (Post 2274409)
It would be awesome if it could handle an upload file over 1mb. I at least have to edit any picture to be under that threshold for it to upload at all, before it then auto converts to the c.200kb (sometimes a few over, I don't know the actual limit) file size the system likes. It's pretty hard to find a phone or camera that doesn't have over 1mb photos these days, most phones are over 5x that. Just casting a meaningless vote if that can be updated to scale with current tech

We raised the limit some time back, to about 195k, and I don't see it being raised again. I suggest buying a computer. And a card for the thread...

bnorth 10-21-2022 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2275766)
We raised the limit some time back, to about 195k, and I don't see it being raised again. I suggest buying a computer. And a card for the thread...

I am probably in the minority but I liked how the pics worked before the size increase. Now it is a PIA to not have the pic show up way too big in the post.

To get back on topic. Ends tonight. Well unless it does't sell because it is insanely overpriced. So I will edit the original post and keep bumping it with more ends tonight posts. Hey it lets you have several one day auctions in a row that never sell.

Almost giving this mint card away at opening bid. Really means you could buy this excelent at best card for way less with a overpriced eBay BIN.

jingram058 10-21-2022 07:13 AM

Don't get me started on the "looking for offers" BS...

bobbyw8469 10-21-2022 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2275771)
I am probably in the minority but I liked how the pics worked before the size increase. Now it is a PIA to not have the pic show up way too big in the post.

To get back on topic. Ends tonight. Well unless it does't sell because it is insanely overpriced. So I will edit the original post and keep bumping it with more ends tonight posts. Hey it lets you have several one day auctions in a row that never sell.

Almost giving this mint card away at opening bid. Really means you could buy this excelent at best card for way less with a overpriced eBay BIN.

Bwahaha...is that someone in the LIVE auction threads?

bnorth 10-21-2022 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 2275781)
Bwahaha...is that someone in the LIVE auction threads?

With pretty much every post in this thread it is obvious who the poster is referring to.:)

1952boyntoncollector 10-21-2022 08:21 AM

this card priced to sell- still listed for 5 more months

does that mean all of the other cards listed are NOT priced to sell.?

Yoda 10-21-2022 10:58 AM

Card would be nm except for missing bottom half.

1952boyntoncollector 10-21-2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2275850)
Card would be nm except for missing bottom half.

funny the person with the bottom half thinks the card is MT except missing the top half.

HobokenJon 10-22-2022 07:21 PM

“SHARP FOR GRADE”
https://www.ebay.com/itm/15521957022...mis&media=COPY