Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Baseball memorabilia consignment - eBay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=305328)

Ulidia 07-20-2021 01:37 AM

Baseball memorabilia consignment - eBay

Hi

General query. I am UK-based. However, I have some baseball memorabilia currently located in the US that I would like to sell. It’s not particularly high end - probably around 20 items in total with an average value of $500 to $600 per item, albeit values of memorabilia can of course be hard to determine.

I am trying to find out if there are any well regarded US-based eBay consignors for this purpose?

I’m aware of PWCC but obviously they are cards-based whereas this memorabilia is certified autographs (on baseballs, programs etc).

Thanks

mrreality68 07-20-2021 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulidia (Post 2124725)
Hi

General query. I am UK-based. However, I have some baseball memorabilia currently located in the US that I would like to sell. It’s not particularly high end - probably around 20 items in total with an average value of $500 to $600 per item, albeit values of memorabilia can of course be hard to determine.

I am trying to find out if there are any well regarded US-based eBay consignors for this purpose?

I’m aware of PWCC but obviously they are cards-based whereas this memorabilia is certified autographs (on baseballs, programs etc).

Thanks

Sorry not sure recommend just check some items being sold by sellers with large number of reviews. That is usually an indication of them being big time sellers then in product description they usually advertise there services if they do consignments.

Another option is on the BST section adv you are looking to consign and perhaps one of the board members does that

RedsFan1941 07-20-2021 07:03 AM

jonstats on eBay would be a good choice

ballparks 07-20-2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulidia (Post 2124725)
Hi

Thanks

It depends on the type of memorabilia. Avoid PWCC and Probstein from what I have heard although I have no experience with them.

doug.goodman 07-20-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 2124764)

I agree

Duluth Eskimo 07-20-2021 12:47 PM

Jon does get some good prices for some of his items and I have bought from him numerous times without any issues.

perezfan 07-20-2021 04:34 PM

Jonstats, and Bob McCann would be another.

Bob used to do his own sales and auctions, but is now exclusively on eBay. Most of what he features is Baseball memorabilia, but also does vintage toys and political memorabilia. Been around a long time, pre-eBay.

Lelands has an eBay presence as well, but I forget their "handle". I'm sure someone here knows it.... they would get lots of views and many sets of eyes.

Those are the 3 best options I can think of if you're dead-set on eBay. Another good option is Inside the Park Collectibles...

Lou Criscione is great to work with. I know they utilized eBay for quite a while, but may be doing their own auctions exclusively now... www.insidetheparkcollectibles.com

I would inquire about timing and consignment rates from those 4 sellers. Hope this helps.

Scott Garner 07-20-2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 2124764)

I would agree. Jon Richmond is a very good seller and a quality choice.

whiteymet 07-20-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo (Post 2124895)
Jon does get some good prices for some of his items and I have bought from him numerous times without any issues.

Jon is GREAT! However I recently contacted him about consigning some items and he replied that currently he has too much of his own stuff to take on any consignments.

You can also try Scott Gaynor. He is estate-finders on ebay.

scgaynor 07-20-2021 08:24 PM

Shoot me a message, I will be happy to work with you. I do my ebay auctions monthly and specialize in memorabilia. Thanks

Scott

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw...finders&_sop=3

perezfan 07-20-2021 10:16 PM

I'll vouch for Scott G. as well.... tons of experience and always professional. I have acquired some great pieces from him over the years.

sayheykid54 07-21-2021 10:20 AM

I believe Vintagebaseballco on eBay does consignments. I've purchased from them in the past. Very nice seller with an impeccable reputation.

mrreality68 07-21-2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayheykid54 (Post 2125207)
I believe Vintagebaseballco on eBay does consignments. I've purchased from them in the past. Very nice seller with an impeccable reputation.

+ 1

Ulidia 07-22-2021 12:46 AM

Thanks all for the replies. This is very much appreciated.

In this first instance, will reach out to Scott offline and to someone else who has approached via PM.

I’ve consigned to many auctions (in UK) but, having items located in US that I would like to sell is a bit of a logistical headache for me.

Regards

mrreality68 07-23-2021 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulidia (Post 2125410)
Thanks all for the replies. This is very much appreciated.

In this first instance, will reach out to Scott offline and to someone else who has approached via PM.

I’ve consigned to many auctions (in UK) but, having items located in US that I would like to sell is a bit of a logistical headache for me.

Regards

Good Luck with the sales. I am sure using the any of the people mentioned in this thread will take good care of you

drcy 07-24-2021 02:12 AM

I can vouch for Scott Gaynor, and I have consigned through him in the past.

bigfanNY 07-24-2021 05:39 PM

I have done business with Scott and he is very professional. 100% recomend.