Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Best Thing I ever ate (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=332910)

pawpawdiv9 03-14-2023 11:38 AM

Best Thing I ever ate

Man- just ate of those Bo spicy chicken sandwhiches. Yum!
Love the crunch and spice. (bojangles)
Reminds me of the show---so tell us what the best thing you ever ate (and where/location)

For breakfast- last year at Xmas time in Destin, Florida
I had the bourbon street pancake @ Another Broken Egg Cafe

https://anotherbrokenegg.com/sites/d...?itok=gEjFhUQx

bnorth 03-14-2023 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 2323444)
Man- just ate of those Bo spicy chicken sandwhiches. Yum!
Love the crunch and spice. (bojangles)
Reminds me of the show---so tell us what the best thing you ever ate (and where/location)

Man do I miss crispy chicken sandwiches. That would send my BG through the roof.

My all time favorite thing is a 3 layer peanut butter and honey sandwich made with the old thick government PB. I hate most brand name sugar filled smooth PB. Haven't had one in years but I still fantasize about them.:)

mq711 03-14-2023 05:24 PM

Crab and corn chowder at Pinhurst resort.

philliesfan 03-14-2023 09:13 PM

I am a huge Blue Crab lover.
Best meal was a Crab Imperial at Timbuktu in Hanover Maryland.
Maybe I will take the 3 hour drive this weekend......
Bob

philliesfan 03-15-2023 06:42 AM

A close second (only because the place is now closed) was a Stripped Bass stuffed with crabmeat at Thompson's Sea Girt House in Ocean City Maryland. Sadly the place has been closed for many years.
Bob

steve B 03-15-2023 11:40 AM

I don't generally do "bests" on much of anything, and especially with food. So much of what I like is situational.

For example, I can buy sausages at the market, and cooking them along with peppers and onions and sticking it in a bun is really easy.
But there's nothing quite like buying the identical thing outside Fenway before a game. I don't know if there's a food reason like the grill has absorbed a couple decades of sausage grease, but I suspect it's the entire package of the food the place and the time.

The very first game fish I caught and pretty much last too, a yellow perch my grandfather cleaned and fried...Amazing.

And one I sampled but hadn't ordered, a grouper steamed on lemongrass, at a place in Chinatown. Very fresh, like there were 6 in the tank when we went in and only 5 when we left.

Some large beef meal at the old Durgin Park

A few breakfasts at small old run down diners.

The big breakfast at a place where the outside was decorated with deer antlers and the description was just "some of each" And was literally an entire plate of everything on the menu. (Which had not just the usual 1,2 or three egg breakfasts but also 4,5 and six egg... the big breakfast was huge. The very big flannel wearing guys stayed to see if I'd finish it, leading to probably the best nod and thumbs up I've ever recieved.

And at least one really odd one.
Chinese buffet - yes, not a place known for food much beyond the "edible" range- small hotdogs wrapped in puff pastry. Hit the perfect balance between done and overdone. And the grease had made the puff pastry perfectly crispy on the bottom. Not highbrow, and them hitting everything exactly right I'm sure was not intentional. My friend laughed for a long time when I described them as "exquisite" at least until he tried some.

And yes, my tastes are generally pretty far away from 5 star and more towards "how the heck is this place still open"
All the truly fancy stuff I've had was good but not memorable.

mrreality68 03-15-2023 03:37 PM

eel cut up and sauteed with veggies and put over a bed of rice

pawpawdiv9 03-17-2023 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2323723)
eel cut up and sauteed with veggies and put over a bed of rice

Reminder: Dont eat out with this guy ^

mrreality68 03-17-2023 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 2324355)

scarier.
I saw it live and then they swung it around and hit it on the table again and again they said they were killing it and tenderizing it at the same time

But it was really really good

BobbyStrawberry 03-17-2023 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2324356)
scarier.
I saw it live and then they swung it around and hit it on the table again and again they said they were killing it and tenderizing it at the same time

Japanese restaurant?

bnorth 03-17-2023 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 2324355)

I know, why would you ruin it with cooking it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2324356)
scarier.

I remember catching eel for the first time fishing off a pier. When you would get them to the surface and see it was an eel. You would make sure no one was behind you and whip it over your head so it slammed down on the pier to kill it so it couldn't bite you.

icurnmedic 03-18-2023 10:29 AM

Flying in to see spring training game on Wednesday the guy sitting next to us recommended two places in Ft Meyers ,FL.
First, Conners,which I thought was a top 10 meal ever on Wednesday.
Only ,maybe, to be surpassed on Friday by KJ’s.

Both were excellent imo.

And the Red Sox park at JetBlue stadium was awesome.

mrreality68 03-18-2023 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry (Post 2324358)
Japanese restaurant?

Home cooking at the home of a friend whose grandma is Asian

clydepepper 03-18-2023 11:24 AM

I won't contribute my personal favorites, just wanted to make one statement that ALL who have responded have to admit, or should admit:

TASTEBUDS RULE!!!

Carter08 03-18-2023 11:38 AM

Garbage plate in Rochester, NY. Have to be inebriated of course.

ClementeFanOh 03-18-2023 04:39 PM

best meal

Gibson's Steakhouse in Chicago- Trent King

jingram058 03-20-2023 06:33 AM

A Gulf Coast entree called Veal Eatery at Trepani's in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. Restaurant meal.

At home, my wife's chicken parmesan.