Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Alerts… anything on Net54? Other alert tools and tricks? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=323531)

Belfast1933 08-14-2022 04:10 PM

Alerts… anything on Net54? Other alert tools and tricks?

Wondering if anyone has any advice how to get alerted if a specific card becomes available for sale or auction here on Net54?

Also, I have alerts for eBay (which often send me junk.. I’m guessing it’s tied to errors in seller set up) and also VCP.

Wondering if others might have suggestions that work well (that you’re willing to share! 😉)

Thx all

Jeff

Leon 08-16-2022 02:45 PM

I don't know of any alerts for this BST area but I wish there were a few times!

MikeGarcia 08-16-2022 03:35 PM

E-Bay , that lil heart symbol:

I have alerts for eBay (which often send me junk.. I’m guessing it’s tied to errors in seller set up)

Wondering if others might have suggestions that work well (that you’re willing to share!

.. Okay : The biggie first ; you need to match the search terms in your My E-Bay Account Home Page Search box to all , ALL , the possible listing words a seller might even remotely use that would trigger a hit ,( and a resulting heads-up to your " My Messages.").....Ebay search no longer takes care of plurals 100% of the time so if you're using a key search word like "premium" and a seller lists a "1939 V351 Ted Williams Canadian Goudey Premiums Set Break " , you won't know about it. You're searching for "premium "... So pluralize vital terms.
....Sellers list cards in wrong categories a lot , A LOT, so keep the default at "all categories".....I've found amazing stuff in "other paper cutouts , ungraded " for example. Just literally have everywhere on E-Bay covered. Two of my best buys were in " collectibles vintage non-topographical postcards RPPC ball player "..amazing stuff out there , where you would not think to look.

..That's enough for now. Others will chime in , I'm sure.; Gimme a buck.

Casey2296 08-16-2022 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2253553)
I don't know of any alerts for this BST area but I wish there were a few times!

I use the CBO alert system.

check back often...

53toppscollector 08-16-2022 03:52 PM

I refresh the T206 BST forum about 2000x per day

automatedsearches dot com is an excellent ebay notifications tool

JollyElm 08-16-2022 03:55 PM

If there's an answer to this question, then OhioCardCollector undoubtedly has it. Anyone spending time in the "1960-1979 Baseball Cards B/S/T" section knows he is able to frickin' get e-ver-ree-thing before anyone else even has a shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I kid, of course.

hockeyhockey 08-16-2022 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2253593)
If there's an answer to this question, then OhioCardCollector undoubtedly has it. Anyone spending time in the "1960-1979 Baseball Cards B/S/T" section knows he is able to frickin' get e-ver-ree-thing before anyone else even has a shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I kid, of course.

it's true...he's the wizard of B/S/T. like the net54 version of a 5 tool player.

UKCardGuy 08-19-2022 10:27 AM

I'd love an alert feature. In the past, I asked about using Google search but that doesn't work because the BST forums are password protected.

The best I've found is to use th.e New Posts option at the top of the Net54 screen (just before the Search). That shows you the new posts since you've last been on Net54. It's easier to scan that...

I know it's not an alert function but it does make it easier to check what your looking for.