Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Anyone know “David B Vintage” cards? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=308850)

Belfast1933 10-08-2021 10:52 AM

Anyone know “David B Vintage” cards?

Wondering if David B Vintage cards might be a member here on Net54

Thanks

Jeff

brianp-beme 10-08-2021 11:02 AM

David is a great dealer, but not sure if he is on here. Here is his website:

http://www.davidbvintage.com/

Brian

Peter_Spaeth 10-08-2021 11:03 AM

This was a real challenge.

https://www.net54baseball.com/member.php?u=74

trdcrdkid 10-08-2021 11:58 AM

You’d be hard pressed to find a more respected dealer in vintage cards.

Kevin 10-08-2021 12:47 PM

When I first dallied in eBay in the late 90s, I would say I bought about 80 cards from him. Love that guy.

teza11 10-08-2021 01:38 PM

I just took a look at the website. Looks abandoned with broken picture links and an eBay link that goes to a general page. He still selling?

Jeff

rdwyer 10-08-2021 01:52 PM

I've done multiple deals with David. He's still in business.

ValKehl 10-08-2021 02:04 PM

+1 to the nice things the previous posters have said about David.

frankbmd 10-08-2021 02:15 PM

I've had lunch with David. He doesn't talk with his mouth full.;)

brianp-beme 10-08-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teza11 (Post 2152071)
I just took a look at the website. Looks abandoned with broken picture links and an eBay link that goes to a general page. He still selling?

Jeff

I provided that link just because it did have some contact information. I believe he probably deals mostly on Ebay...his ID on there is: davidbvintage

Brian

buymycards 10-08-2021 02:54 PM

eBay link

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sof...g=100&_fosrp=1

teza11 10-08-2021 03:53 PM

Thanks for the eBay link. Nice stuff!

Jeff

jingram058 10-08-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 2152127)

A quick check of his items on eBay shows a very interesting inventory, with lots of pre-war at what would seem to be reasonable prices. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him.

skil55voy 10-08-2021 04:37 PM

Dave's Vintage

Great dealer. Have bought from him many times. Excellent grader.

Den*nis O*Brien 10-08-2021 04:49 PM

David......

...... got me started in Old Judge N172 and really treated me very kindly. His pre war sale lists were great !! I hope he is still in the game of card dealing.

Ben Yourg 10-08-2021 05:54 PM

David Vintage

Bought quite a few cards from him.Always great!

FrankWakefield 10-08-2021 08:16 PM

I've been occasionally buying cards from him through eBay over the years. ALWAYS get the cards in a timely manner, with good packaging. I've not ever met him, I certainly trust him.

kmac32 10-08-2021 08:37 PM

Great dealer and never an issue.

qed2190 10-08-2021 10:27 PM

I love the guy.

4k6 10-08-2021 11:59 PM

Several years ago, I was hiking through the woods alone when I heard a load rustling and branches snapping. I turned to see a very large black bear charging straight at me. Then seemingly out of nowhere some guy appeared, wrestled the bear to the ground, then yelled "Get outta here!". The bear ran away. Disoriented and still frightened, I saw the guy raise one fist in the air and levitate. As he flew off over the treetops, I noticed he was wearing a cape embroidered with "David B Vintage". Probably the same guy.

Kevin 10-09-2021 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4k6 (Post 2152254)
Several years ago, I was hiking through the woods alone when I heard a load rustling and branches snapping. I turned to see a very large black bear charging straight at me. Then seemingly out of nowhere some guy appeared, wrestled the bear to the ground, then yelled "Get outta here!". The bear ran away. Disoriented and still frightened, I saw the guy raise one fist in the air and levitate. As he flew off over the treetops, I noticed he was wearing a cape embroidered with "David B Vintage". Probably the same guy.

I nominate this post as POST OF THE YEAR 2021. POTY2021 nominee. Please tag your nominations with POTY2021. :p

Yoda 10-09-2021 09:38 AM

David is a long-time dealer with whom I have had many successful and pleasant transactions over several years. You can deal with confidence. Wish there were more like him.

gabrinus 10-09-2021 02:27 PM

Gary

1 Attachment(s)
As some of you know I have had some problems with my pet chimp Gary...I sent him to stay with David in North Carolina for a week and the transformation has been miraculous...

JollyElm 10-09-2021 03:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, but I've heard of buyers having totally different experiences with this seller...

Attachment 482436
"David B Vintage says hello, you rat...okay, leave the gun, take the cards."

:D

Hankphenom 10-09-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2152394)
Sorry, but I've heard of buyers having totally different experiences with this seller...

Sorry, but I'd rather hear from them than you.

JollyElm 10-09-2021 06:14 PM

And the winner for the most pathetic post in net54 history is...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankphenom (Post 2152422)
Sorry, but I'd rather hear from them than you.

Why don't you tell us, Hanky Boy, what the problem is, huh? Did you not understand that my reworking of the world famous 'The Godfather' 'take the cannoli' scene was an effort to add a little bit more humor (playing off the guy who hysterically compared David B to a caped superhero) to the thread? Surely, you saw the huge-ass smiley face emoji I put in my post to let mental midgets like you know it was all in good fun, right??

I guess the funniest thing about all of this is, for someone who lives a completely humorless life, you're nothing but a fucki_ng clown. (See how easy it is to randomly insult someone, dipsh_t?)

68Hawk 10-09-2021 06:29 PM

Well, that escalated quickly....

I too have had great experience buying cards from David, though not for nearly 15 or so years.
He was one of the early players on eBay who actually gave great service and piece of mind buying from him. Had him bookmarked for many years.

SteveS 10-09-2021 06:32 PM

Chuck Norris used to have a world-class baseball card collection. Then he challenged David B Vintage to a winner-take-all arm wrestling match. Now Chuck Norris has to buy back his cards from David B Vintage's eBay store one at a time.

Leon 10-09-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2152449)

Why don't you tell us, Hanky Boy, what the problem is, huh? Did you not understand that my reworking of the world famous 'The Godfather' 'take the cannoli' scene was an effort to add a little bit more humor (playing off the guy who hysterically compared David B to a caped superhero) to the thread? Surely, you saw the huge-ass smiley face emoji I put in my post to let mental midgets like you know it was all in good fun, right??

I guess the funniest thing about all of this is, for someone who lives a completely humorless life, you're nothing but a fucki_ng clown. (See how easy it is to randomly insult someone, dipsh_t?)

That's not cool. Hank is one of the nicest guys on here. I don't think he read the bottom line under the photo. It was clearly a joke but wasn't taken that way. No need to go crazy :)

https://luckeycards.com/froggy200.jpg

jbsports33 10-09-2021 06:46 PM

Always great items and easy to work with - has been a dealer a long time! Real hard to maintain a website, but I am sure he will get back to you if contacted.

Jimmy

68Hawk 10-09-2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2152459)
That's not cool. Hank is one of the nicest guys on here. I don't think he read the bottom line under the photo. It was clearly a joke but wasn't taken that way. No need to go crazy :)

https://luckeycards.com/froggy200.jpg

Ahh yes, nothing like a little black face to tell the story of baseball.
Thanks for sharing.

Hankphenom 10-09-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2152449)

You're an idiot and a gutless board troll. Also a nasty f**k. Screw you, A-hole.

Leon 10-10-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68Hawk (Post 2152464)
Ahh yes, nothing like a little black face to tell the story of baseball.
Thanks for sharing.

One of my favorite cabinets. You're welcome. I love the craziness of it.

and back to subject. David is one of my favorite guys in the hobby.

oldjudge 10-10-2021 02:59 PM

I’ve known David for 25 years and have had numerous dealing with him. He is a great guy and was one heck of a football player when he was young (this is true). I have spent countless hours talking to him at Nationals, all very enjoyable.

Belfast1933 10-10-2021 03:49 PM

Oy… I just wanted to know if anyone knew David. Found him offline, seems cool. To those who chipped in to my question, thanks.

(Weird how these threads can take such nasty turns seemingly out of nowhere.)

Peter_Spaeth 10-10-2021 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belfast1933 (Post 2152700)
Oy… I just wanted to know if anyone knew David. Found him offline, seems cool. To those who chipped in to my question, thanks.

You could have found him here too if you had just looked, or checked my link right at the top of the thread.

Hankphenom 10-10-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Trolls are always ready to crawl out and spew their venom at the first opportunity. Sorry to start it going so far off topic, but I know a relative of David's and felt like I should rebut the post, having only gotten as far as the first sentence without ever seeing the "joke" part, which wasn't funny, anyway. Only a moron wouldn't realize what had happened and give me some slack on not being more thorough in perusing his post, but that's not his way, apparently. I apologize for the bad language, but I don't take that kind of crap from anybody. And I am very happy to see that the rave reviews of David's position in the hobby remain unanimous.

68Hawk 10-11-2021 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2152684)
One of my favorite cabinets. You're welcome. I love the craziness of it.

Cool. Do you have any of guys dressing up as Jews with fake noses and yamukas?

I find it interesting that you love it so much, you do realize how black people were treated at the time correct?
What do you think the intention is of those players? Showing their respects to the talented laborers they knew who had great baseballing instincts I imagine.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 10-12-2021 05:22 AM

Quote:

...one of several reasons why I tend to refrain from frequently contributing to this forum, sometimes for years at a stretch. Unfortunately, the internet in general is comprised of all types. Sometimes, one action really ruins what could have been a much more positive experience for all and only serves as an embarrassing blemish for all who contribute here.

For all the people who praise the collective knowledge of board members, I wonder if they realize how much stronger the forum would be if it wasn't for such antics. Things like that have driven away many extremely knowledgeable people due to a shared distaste, if not having prevented them from even making an initial post. How do I know? It's been a subject of conversation for ages between many people.

ALBB 10-12-2021 06:32 AM

David

Wo, these posts are starting to go off the rails

Casey2296 10-12-2021 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68Hawk (Post 2153041)
Cool. Do you have any of guys dressing up as Jews with fake noses and yamukas?

I find it interesting that you love it so much, you do realize how black people were treated at the time correct?
What do you think the intention is of those players? Showing their respects to the talented laborers they knew who had great baseballing instincts I imagine.

Discussion of Politics and Religion are verboten on this sub, I'd like to see Race added to the list. Posts like this are a perfect reason why.

Hankphenom 10-12-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyCox3 (Post 2153063)
...one of several reasons why I tend to refrain from frequently contributing to this forum, sometimes for years at a stretch. Unfortunately, the internet in general is comprised of all types. Sometimes, one action really ruins what could have been a much more positive experience for all and only serves as an embarrassing blemish for all who contribute here. For all the people who praise the collective knowledge of board members, I wonder if they realize how much stronger the forum would be if it wasn't for such antics. Things like that have driven away many extremely knowledgeable people due to a shared distaste, if not having prevented them from even making an initial post. How do I know? It's been a subject of conversation for ages between many people.

Couldn't agree more, but you're talking about a world that unfortunately doesn't exist anymore, if it ever did. There are rude and nasty people out there, seemingly more all the time, and to participate in anything these days, in person or online, requires a thick skin and the donning of big-boy pants. Having survived this chaotic environment it for three quarters of a century, I can testify that it's not for the faint of heart. It would be lovely if things were different, if our society was arranged for the solace of the meekest among us, but most of the time it seems like the opposite, designed instead to test the patience and character of even the strongest. So we rise to the challenges as they present themselves, while also doing what we can to move our world closer to the ideal.

frankbmd 10-12-2021 09:06 AM

It may be time to start a "David C Vintage" thread and lock this one up.;)

Fred 10-12-2021 09:18 AM

Should be NO problems dealing with David B Vintage. Top notch.

Hankphenom 10-12-2021 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 2153105)
It may be time to start a "David C Vintage" thread and lock this one up.;)

Or just let it drift into the abyss it came to deserve. At least David got the props he was entitled to before it careened off the rails.

brian1961 10-13-2021 08:21 AM

Before the thread goes "away", I would like to chime in. Back in 2010, I was in my second year of unemployment. Things were pretty bleak. Somehow I found out about David, admired his well-presented ebay listings, and decided to contact him.

He was very friendly and willing to take my consignment of some nice World Series press pins I had owned since the mid-1970s, even though he'd never offered pins before. Just as he had done for his other clients, he proceeded to create beautiful and enticing presentations of my cherished pins, offering them individually as I requested. He was able to sell them all, as I recall. His fees were very reasonable, and he was prompt in sending me my money. What he made for my family and I definitely helped carry us through during that miserable recession.

I would most assuredly use his services again, as well as recommend David B Vintage without reservation to a fellow hobbyist. --- Brian Powell

Aquarian Sports Cards 10-13-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian1961 (Post 2153443)
Before the thread goes "away", I would like to chime in. Back in 2010, I was in my second year of unemployment. Things were pretty bleak. Somehow I found out about David, admired his well-presented ebay listings, and decided to contact him.

He was very friendly and willing to take my consignment of some nice World Series press pins I had owned since the mid-1970s, even though he'd never offered pins before. Just as he had done for his other clients, he proceeded to create beautiful and enticing presentations of my cherished pins, offering them individually as I requested. He was able to sell them all, as I recall. His fees were very reasonable, and he was prompt in sending me my money. What he made for my family and I definitely helped carry us through during that miserable recession.

I would most assuredly use his services again, as well as recommend David B Vintage without reservation to a fellow hobbyist. --- Brian Powell

What's this staying on topic nonsense. There's no room in this thread for relevant posts...

gabrinus 10-13-2021 04:07 PM

Frogtown

Clearly the guy in the Frogtown shirt is making fun of French people...not cool...Jerry

JollyElm 10-14-2021 06:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I’m away for almost a week dealing with heartbreak I wouldn’t wish upon my worst enemy, and this is what I come back to??? The pathetic ongoing bullsh_t of Hanky-Boy???? Are you kidding me????!!!

I got a couple of messages from members saying what a dick Hanky-Boy is, so I wondered why they were stating something so blatantly obvious. I didn’t realize they were referring to this thread. The one where that f_cking a-hole started in with me for no reason whatsoever. NONE!!!!!!

He’s so f_cking pathetic that I went to a thesaurus to find the right word to use, and lookie here, Dictionary.com already had it covered...

Attachment 483281

To say I’m at the end of my rope with Hanky-Boy is the understatement of the century!!!! You want to keep this going, d_pshit?? Bring it the f_ck on, you smug piece of garbage!!!! Let me explain something to your childish intellect. The fact you’re related to someone who pitched over a century ago is meaningless...

Attachment 483282

Since my family tree runs through some important Union battles, I guess in your world I’m a Civil War hero by association. Woo hoo!!!!!!!

So, like I said, you want to keep this going?? I know you spend all of your days with your ‘Visiting Angels’ nurse as he helps you jerk off to your favorite pictures of the BidenFührer, so budgeting time may be hard, but it’s up to you, you smear of dogsh_t on the heel of the world.

(Note to Leon: for over 5 years, Hanky-Boy and his buds spewed their vile filth about another president, and NOT ONCE did you give them a rip for breaking the ‘no politics’ rule, so I am claiming that very same privilege here when I use the name of the actual Nazi in the White House. Fair is fair, isn’t it, Leon?? And big surprise, he starts it, but you act like I'm the one out of line. Come on, man!!)

bnorth 10-15-2021 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyelm (Post 2153996)
i’m away for almost a week dealing with heartbreak i wouldn’t wish upon my worst enemy, and this is what i come back to??? The pathetic ongoing bullsh_t of hanky-boy???? Are you kidding me????!!!

I got a couple of messages from members saying what a dick hanky-boy is, so i wondered why they were stating something so blatantly obvious. I didn’t realize they were referring to this thread. The one where that f_cking a-hole started in with me for no reason whatsoever. None!!!!!!

He’s so f_cking pathetic that i went to a thesaurus to find the right word to use, and lookie here, dictionary.com already had it covered...

Attachment 483281

to say i’m at the end of my rope with hanky-boy is the understatement of the century!!!! You want to keep this going, d_pshit?? Bring it the f_ck on, you smug piece of garbage!!!! Let me explain something to your childish intellect. The fact you’re related to someone who pitched over a century ago is meaningless...

Attachment 483282

since my family tree runs through some important union battles, i guess in your world i’m a civil war hero by association. Woo hoo!!!!!!!

So, like i said, you want to keep this going?? I know you spend all of your days with your ‘visiting angels’ nurse as he helps you jerk off to your favorite pictures of the bidenführer, so budgeting time may be hard, but it’s up to you, you smear of dogsh_t on the heel of the world.

(note to leon: for over 5 years, hanky-boy and his buds spewed their vile filth about another president, and not once did you give them a rip for breaking the ‘no politics’ rule, so i am claiming that very same privilege here when i use the name of the actual nazi in the white house. Fair is fair, isn’t it, leon?? And big surprise, he starts it, but you act like i'm the one out of line. Come on, man!!)

wow