Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay seller scam story-Paul Slapnicker Pauld49 BEWARE (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=285077)

loubrown 06-21-2020 03:01 PM

Ebay seller scam story-Paul Slapnicker Pauld49 BEWARE

2 Attachment(s)
Nice to see that Ebay is looking out for sellers. I know, that's already a known thing that they do not. Sent off a 1956 Topps Killebrew to buyer/seller pauld49 (Paul Slapnicker out of Houston). Buyer claims he received a common 1958 Topps card. I know there is nothing that I can do about it. (we are now sending all singles with a sticker over the top load opening to maybe protect against this). I drag my feet and then go to look at his listings. I then see my killebrew that he did not receive in a lot that he sold. I contact ebay and they tell me that they will look into it but in order to proceed, I need to refund 50% and give the detailed explanation with photos. I should have asked why the 50%. It turns out that is there way to handle fraud. Just let the thief get 50% of their attempted scam. Ebay claimed that they are not card experts and it is not their place to really do anything. I've attached the images of the card that we shipped and the card he sold in his lot. Same scuff marks, same centering, same corners. Perfect match.

JollyElm 06-21-2020 03:44 PM

The matching white scuff mark on the hat says it all.

ahumes13 06-21-2020 04:44 PM

Don't give 50%, that's crazy. In most jurisdictions you can file a small claims case on your own and it costs very little. Would do this before eating 50%, I'm stubborn, but personally I would never let someone do that- you may end up eating the costs either way, which sucks, but it helps all of us if people like that have legal issues. At a minimum, maybe it makes them move on to a new racket.

charlietheexterminator 06-21-2020 05:08 PM

It absolutely sucks, sorry to hear this happened to you. Be patient, you might see it again.
It was about 15 years ago, I sold a T206 Cobb Red to some guy in Canada. The crook said he never received it even though I had USPS insured tracking on it. I contacted eBay, at that time, they said they can’t track packages going to Canada. I let it go, I proceeded to check this guys eBay twice a week. A little over a year went by and there it was, the crook posted my card for sale. I contacted eBay, I was refunded. Good Luck

GrayGhost 06-21-2020 05:28 PM

Such a great hobby and still so many crooks. These stories make me sad

hcv123 06-21-2020 06:03 PM

Ebay is really sad in this regard

Ebay really needs to step up its game around these issues! I thankfully have not had any really costly scenarios yet, but have heard about way too many of them. Really curious why Ebay has chosen to be so one sided against honest sellers with a reasonable set of facts substantiating their position on this.

cammb 06-21-2020 06:21 PM

Hey, Lou. An eye for an eye

loubrown 06-21-2020 09:28 PM

I am way more upset at ebay than I am at the seller. I can block the seller. I can bash the seller. I can't protect everyone else from him though. That is Ebays job which they refuse to do. I already refunded the $25 before I realized that the reduced refund was ebays way of compensating me for getting stung. Unreal. I didn't even think about the metrics when I was on the phone with them but it likely still counts as a negative against me.

chalupacollects 06-22-2020 07:34 AM

Just go buy something from him now and pull the same stunt... Street justice...

rjackson44 06-22-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcv123 (Post 1992610)
Ebay really needs to step up its game around these issues! I thankfully have not had any really costly scenarios yet, but have heard about way too many of them. Really curious why Ebay has chosen to be so one sided against honest sellers with a reasonable set of facts substantiating their position on this.

hi howard they never will sad idiotic company

bbsports 06-22-2020 08:49 AM

For years I have paid with postal money order. They protect the buyer as they have their own lawyers. Years ago I won a 1968 Topps Mantle PSA 8. In the mail right before I received the card, he sent me the tracking number saying all sales are final. I received a 68 Mantle ungraded with creases and divots in the card. I contacted the postal authorities, filled out their form, and they tracked the customer down. Not only did I receive my money back, I filed criminal charges against the seller for fraud.

savedfrommyspokes 06-22-2020 08:52 AM

Lou, don't feel too bad, looks like this guy did the same thing to another seller with the 56 Aaron card that was in the same lot as your Killebrew. However, this other seller got a negative for sending the "wrong" card and then doing nothing.

bobbyw8469 06-22-2020 08:56 AM

I blocked that POS. I am just amazed that he is allowed to get away with it.

GasHouseGang 06-22-2020 09:50 AM

Thanks for the warning. I added him to my blocked list.

todeen 06-22-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1992713)
I blocked that POS. I am just amazed that he is allowed to get away with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GasHouseGang (Post 1992719)
Thanks for the warning. I added him to my blocked list.

How do you block a seller?

Also, is there a reason card sellers haven't moved to Amazon?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Exhibitman 06-22-2020 12:27 PM

Thanks for the warning; added to my blocked bidder list.

GasHouseGang 06-22-2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 1992725)
How do you block a seller?

Also, is there a reason card sellers haven't moved to Amazon?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don't know about blocking a seller, but you can block a buyer on ebay. If you go into My Ebay and pick the Account tab. Then under Account Settings pick Site Preference. Go down to Buyer Requirements and you can choose Edit on the far right to show your list of buyers to block. You can block those buyers you don't want to allow to buy what you are selling, based on stories like this.

jchcollins 06-22-2020 01:08 PM

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunate, but not surprising that eBay won't help.

Jobu 06-22-2020 01:11 PM

It took me some time to find the spot to block buyers. Here is a link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/re...ceai=lucenceai

scooter729 06-22-2020 02:48 PM

I just went in to block the buyer, but eBay is telling me pauls49 is now not a valid ID.

Is the buyer on here, saw what's going on, and just changed his ID?

Edit: I see in the original post that the ID is pauld49, which worked. The title of the post references pauls49, so that was my confusion.

cammb 06-22-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalupacollects (Post 1992692)
Just go buy something from him now and pull the same stunt... Street justice...

+1

Republicaninmass 06-22-2020 05:40 PM

He certainly deserves a slap, in the knickers

Huck 06-22-2020 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter729 (Post 1992809)
I just went in to block the buyer, but eBay is telling me pauls49 is now not a valid ID.

Is the buyer on here, saw what's going on, and just changed his ID?

Edit: I see in the original post that the ID is pauld49, which worked. The title of the post references pauls49, so that was my confusion.

A thread should be started listing beware of buyer.

loubrown 06-22-2020 07:21 PM

I have reached out to several sellers that have sold to him and he left feedback that indicated that he did the same thing to them (so yes he is an idiot). Looks like 20+ sales with the same comment. We'll see what ebay does when I provide with a list of 10+ sellers that he pulled the same crap with. Whats sad is that they have the access to all the conversations and should be reviewing it once I filed my claim. Guessing that they did not so I guess I have to do it for them. I'll continue to post on here what happens. The one guy that he left negative feedback for told him to take a hike because he knew that he was lying. His Aaron is in the same lot as my killebrew.

buymycards 06-22-2020 07:41 PM

blocking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 1992777)
It took me some time to find the spot to block buyers. Here is a link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/re...ceai=lucenceai

Just go to Overview page on your seller's hub. The link is on the left side under shortcuts.

prestigecollectibles 06-22-2020 10:44 PM

Lou, you should correct the sellers ID in your title. You have pauls49 but the correct ID is pauld49

BruceinGa 06-23-2020 04:57 AM

I just blocked him, thanks.

Buythatcard 06-23-2020 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biohazard (Post 1992870)
A thread should be started listing beware of buyer.

It would be about 100 pages long.

megalimey 06-23-2020 09:58 AM

more listings from shady ebay id pauld49

https://www.ebay.com/sch/pauld49/m.h...p2047675.l2562

megalimey 06-23-2020 10:02 AM

ebay id is pauld49

Quote:

Originally Posted by prestigecollectibles (Post 1992953)
Lou, you should correct the sellers ID in your title. You have pauls49 but the correct ID is pauld49

ebay id is pauld49
he some stuff up now
https://www.ebay.com/sch/pauld49/m.h...p2047675.l2562

Trigerb7 09-30-2022 12:11 PM

Lou Brown,

I am just seeing this. Paul Slapnicker is trying to scam me now. He purchased 11 vintage cards from me on facebook. He informed me he is on social security and was buying to start a collection for his grandson. I put together a lot valued at over $70 for $50. I also sent him 12 ultramodern cards (trout, Tatis, ohtanI etc.) for his grandson. He paid per pay pal goods and services. He received the cards and reported he didn't get the Johnny Bench AS 1969 or a Hank Arron 1972 Action card. He eluded I scammed him. I sent pictures of the front and back immediately before packaging all 23 cards. I contacted the administrator on the facebook group and they kicked him out. I also blocked him. The next day he opened a paypal claim for $25 refund stating he only received 9 out of 11 cards.

Paypal says I don't have any evidence that I was scammed. I then researched his name which led me here. I read your post and see he is also Pauld49 on ebay. He is already selling 8 of my cards on ebay. Paypal asked for my address, they are telling him to send all of the cards back and then they will refund him.

I provided all the messages from facebook and also you forum post. I am sickened by this. It is not about the $25, its the principal at this point.

Casey2296 09-30-2022 12:18 PM

We should all buy cards from this slapdick guy and run his scam on him.

Trigerb7 09-30-2022 12:31 PM

Pay pal is asking for a screenshot of his full name address or phone number linking him to Pauld49. They need proof he is the owner of the account to deny his claim. I have no idea how I would get that unless he purchased from someone.

gonefishin 09-30-2022 12:35 PM

I blocked him - the story about the Grandson sickens me! I have a Grandson. He may inherit all my cards. I want him to know that ALL the cards in my possession I received honestly! What a turd.

gonefishin 09-30-2022 12:43 PM

I just checked, and pauld49 has over 3000 feedbacks and all are positive. Is this the correct user ID?

toledo_mudhen 09-30-2022 12:55 PM

Yea - Just saw the same thing

Pauld has over 3200 Feedback - 100% Positive

Probably need to make sure we are outting the correct person -

Trigerb7 09-30-2022 01:00 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Yes it’s correct. I am going to post screenshots. eBay won’t allow a buyer to receive negative feedback so you have to read the comments. I have posted one here. I am also posting out conversation and my cards already on his eBay page. PayPal is requiring him to send them all back.

gonefishin 09-30-2022 01:11 PM

Wow - crazy! Yes, I blocked the correct person. Good Luck.

Dead-Ball-Hitter 09-30-2022 01:29 PM

I blocked pauld49 as well. Pretty soon he'll only be able to buy Pokemon cards from the Philipines!

bobbyw8469 09-30-2022 01:53 PM

surfe-3 is another one to block. He tried to get me. And he DID get another seller.

Pat R 09-30-2022 01:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And this is a perfect example of the stupidity of ebay not letting the seller leave negative feedback.

I would like to know how many refunds or partial refunds this idiot has received.

Just take a look at his feedback left for others he had "minor problems solved". with every seller on this page 14 of them and all of them with different sellers.

Attachment 536380

Attachment 536381

Eric72 10-01-2022 10:52 AM

Added to my block list. Fortunately, I haven't dealt with him. However, I have had similar knuckleheads try this. I've always reminded them to look through the package thoroughly, make sure they haven't thrown an item away, held the line, and provided pictures of the items plus shipping label on an otherwise empty table.

If they persist, I'll thank them for alerting me to someone tampering with the US Mail. I'll let them know I'll be at the Post Office in the morning to talk with my local Postmaster and open an investigation. The buyer usually "finds" the "missing" item(s) later that day.

On the rare occasion on which I involved eBay:
  1. Stick to the facts...NO emotion, name calling, accusations, etc.
  2. Be POLITE...if you go into this with both guns blazing, expect the other side to return fire.
  3. Be PERSISTENT with eBay...don't let someone scam you.
  4. If the front-line CS Rep won't (or can't) handle your case, don't be afraid to ESCALATE it.

55koufax 10-01-2022 11:17 AM

another eBay dbl standard

Quote:

Ebay claimed that they are not card experts and it is not their place to really do anything.
If eBay claims not to be card experts, why are we waiting two weeks + to receive a PSA graded card they intercept to authenticate themselves?

If they can authenticate cards without being "card experts" I'd like to know theit qualifications.......:p

sonnyu2 10-01-2022 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55koufax (Post 2269025)
If eBay claims not to be card experts, why are we waiting two weeks + to receive a PSA graded card they intercept to authenticate themselves?

If they can authenticate cards without being "card experts" I'd like to know theit qualifications.......:p

Ebay does not do the authenticating. Graded cards go to PSA. Raw cards go to CSG.

MikeGarcia 10-01-2022 12:04 PM

Address E-Bay ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55koufax (Post 2269025)

..Has anyone on the forum ever been told to send a baseball card to E-Bay Auctions ? Details , please ?

mikemb 10-01-2022 12:07 PM

Went to block him and he was already on my list of blocked buyers.

Mike

Casey2296 10-01-2022 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeGarcia (Post 2269035)
..Has anyone on the forum ever been told to send a baseball card to E-Bay Auctions ? Details , please ?

Yes, I'm not sure of the threshold but any cards over $700? Get shipped to authentication.

CurtisFlood 10-01-2022 02:11 PM

I have not had any problems with ebay buying or selling because I quit them totally in 2005 due to similar problems as these. I do not miss the phonies that exercise their scams on that site.

commishbob 10-01-2022 03:01 PM

This the guy?

https://www.facebook.com/paul.slapnicker.7

commishbob 10-01-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeGarcia (Post 2269035)

If you are refering to eBay Authentication then yes, I did recently. Went smoothly:

Listed card on Monday September 19th
Sold on 20th
Shipped to authenticator on September 21, signature requested
Received notice of package received on Friday Set 23
Received notice of card authenticated on Monday the 26th
Payment released to me on September 28th.

As a first time seller (at least of anything of real value) I was happy to not have to worry about the "I never got it/I got an empty box/I got a different card" scammers.