Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Famous hobby fistfights (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=76152)

Archive 02-17-2005 03:58 PM

Famous hobby fistfights

Posted By: <b>Josh Evans</b><p>Chris Porter (reporting from the Hollywood Park Show last week) tells me there was a fist fight at the show <br /><br />Okay, who can name any other famous hobby related fist fights<br />Punches must have been thrown and landed for it to count<br /><br />Yes, this post is in bad taste <br />Josh

Archive 02-17-2005 04:06 PM

Famous hobby fistfights

Posted By: <b>scgaynor</b><p>Who was in the fight?<br /><br />I know of some good yelling matches, but no punches landed.<br /><br />Scott

Archive 02-17-2005 04:07 PM

Famous hobby fistfights

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I remember hearing a dealer named Vince Gresey who actually hit a cop at an early 90's Bill Goodwin St Louis Show. He vanished after that but resurfaced at some Ft. Washington shows in the late 90's.

Archive 02-17-2005 04:24 PM

Famous hobby fistfights

Posted By: <b>hoytdunk</b><p>I can't recall punches thrown, but some good yelling matches.<br /><br />I heard a dealer punched out a customer at the last Chicago National, but they went outside to do it. I don't know who was involved.<br /><br />The best yelling match was at the 1993 Chicago National when a guy Alan Hager bounced or stopped payment on a check or something was in Alan's face Sunday morning waving the check and yelling the amount he was owed. Hager was in his face yelling back.

Archive 02-17-2005 04:25 PM

Famous hobby fistfights

Posted By: <b>Jimmy Leiderman</b><p>Hmmm, can't remember right now, but back in late 80's or early 90's there was a fight at a show with gunshot included.<br /><br />Need to check Lipset's newsletters again... <br /><br />Nothing like the good old hobby days!<br />

Archive 02-17-2005 04:29 PM

Famous hobby fistfights

Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>How about the one-sided beating i put on my brother when he ruined a few common cards of mine on purpose,they were probably 1991 topps but i beat him up like they were old judge cards

Archive 02-17-2005 04:34 PM

Famous hobby fistfights

Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>altercation between Randy Thyberg and someone many years past?

Archive 02-17-2005 04:43 PM

Famous hobby fistfights

Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>...we could probably start some new ones rehashing the old ones!

Archive 02-17-2005 05:14 PM

Famous hobby fistfights

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Randy and all of the staff and security at the mantle show in 86. He just hated being thrown out of a show.

Archive 02-17-2005 06:25 PM

Famous hobby fistfights

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I'm sure I gave a Lee a good beating over cards at least once. Has anyone kept of list of who is supposed to be brawling with who at the NAtional?<br /><br />Jay<br /><br />I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive 02-17-2005 09:08 PM

Famous hobby fistfights

Posted By: <b>Rhys</b><p>My brother Rhett and I watched a great yelling match with theft allegations flying everywhere at the Pittsburgh show a year and a half ago. Appearantly the dealer caught a guy stealing his stuff and they got into it real bad, the customers kid was crying and a cop was checking all their stuff and it was such a scene that he asked both men to go to a neutral room off the show floor to search the customers belongings for the missing cards. Not sure how it ended up but it was something else!

Archive 02-18-2005 07:24 AM

Famous hobby fistfights

Posted By: <b>Rich Klein</b><p>My memory is failing me on these so it may not be perfect.<br /><br />Included circa 1980 a fight between the Festberg family and the Robert Eskal family -- something happenned and a long simmering feud exploded.<br /><br />Circa 1987 or 1988 -- Lou Avon and Mike Bertolini got into a shouting match with some pushing at a NY City show -- there were some invectives I had never heard till that date and have not heard since. That event also may be the winner for the dispute between the heaviest contestants<br /><br />Circa 1987 in New Bruswick -- 2 plaque dealers got into it during set up at a show. Some good blows were landed and it took 10 of us to break it up.<br /><br />Regards<br />Rich