Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Selling my collection, selling an oddity question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=328369)

biggies 12-02-2022 08:51 AM

Selling my collection, selling an oddity question

13 Attachment(s)
So I've been selling off my collection for about 6 months now, started with 33 Goudeys up to 53 Bowman and Topps. Pleased with those results with Greg Morris.
Next phase is 54 and 55 Bowman and 54-70 Topps. All to an AH recommended here.
But I have a question about a weird part of my collection on some newer stuff. Over the past 5 years or so I've put together "all things Toppsish" sets, 1974-1980. Here's a listing of the 1980 book for instance: All players cards are in alphabetically, some have 1 like Ricky and some have 4.
1980:

Topps: Complete

O-Pee-Chee: Complete

Topps Superstar Photos: Complete

O-Pee-Chee Hunts Bread: Complete

Burger King Phillies: Complete

Burger King Pitch Hit and Run: Complete

Squirt: Complete

Kmart: Complete

Team Checklist Sheet:Complete

Dynamite magazine panels that I have:(John Schnieder issue)
Anderson/Cuellar/Whitol,Roberge,Aviles/Noles/Saucier,Lagrow,Graham/Soffield/Ward,Beattie
Briggs,Fulgham,Wright,Thomas,Wright,Thomas
Flannery/Greer/Wilhelm,Moreno/Wilson/Richard/Ryan,Martin/Paschall/Quisenberry,Kingman/Thomas,
Finch/O'Berry/Rainey
Gamble,Iorg,Burris,Lee,Lacy,Sutcliffe
Murphey,Stewart,Schultz,Trout,McWilliams,Castro
Rader,McEnaney,Sykes,Mota,Sambito,McGlothen
Stoddard,Sample,Boisclair,Chamberlain,Boisclair,Ch amberlain

I'm sure I've missed something Topps printed but this is what I have.

So, do we think there is anyone out there that would want these sets in their entirety or am I left to breaking them up to sell them?

Exhibitman 12-02-2022 10:44 AM

I think that sort of stuff would do well just as you presented it. I know I'd be interested in a run of oddball Topps cards from 1980. I've collected them in dribs and drabs anyway.

darkhorse9 12-02-2022 12:08 PM

You most certainly be better off selling them as a complete lot. A collector who was interested in two, three or four of them would buy the whole thing for themselves. The rest would become their problem.
I doubt there are a lot of collectors out there clamoring for a Superstars Photo set. So you'd be stuck with stuff like that. I think the O-Pee-Chee and Burger King would go on their own but not much else.

ALBB 12-02-2022 12:16 PM

sets

yes, I learned the hard way..dont let anyone " cherry pick" stuff like that, cause whats left is always the " very tough to sell stuff "

JustinD 12-02-2022 04:23 PM

You were missing the 1980 Mrs. Butterworth.

Lol, not trying to trigger your completest gene at selling. :D

I agree with everyone else, whenever I have bought these it seems to be in lots. Likely the best way to move them and clean the slate.

biggies 12-04-2022 06:50 AM

Thanks for the advice guys