Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Help with Yankee pennant (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=328162)

Denny 11-27-2022 02:44 PM

Help with Yankee pennant

1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone tell me the era and approximate value of this New York Yankees pennant?

thetahat 11-27-2022 03:03 PM

This one, without holding it, is hard to pin down as far as era. Anywhere between mid 1940s and early 1960s.

Good news: very rare (can’t say I’ve ever seen it before), condition is strong.

Not so good news: kinda generic and plain looking, vintage Yankees pennants strangely don’t have a strong market.

I’d say, in eBay auction this goes for $60-100. If tassels were torn off $40-80. Mark (“perezfan”) may have a better idea, he might even have it.

perezfan 11-28-2022 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetahat (Post 2287778)
This one, without holding it, is hard to pin down as far as era. Anywhere between mid 1940s and early 1960s.

Good news: very rare (can’t say I’ve ever seen it before), condition is strong.

Not so good news: kinda generic and plain looking, vintage Yankees pennants strangely don’t have a strong market.

I’d say, in eBay auction this goes for $60-100. If tassels were torn off $40-80. Mark (“perezfan”) may have a better idea, he might even have it.

I do not have that one, and agree that it's rare. But as we all eventually find out, rarity does not always equate to a high price.

I agree that it's quite generic in nature. The Yankees used this same logo forever, and it's appeared on countless pennants of theirs. Yes, many have subtle differences and there are variations. But Yankee/Pennant collectors don't seem to get too excited by any of these (based upon prices realized).

As for yours, it looks like the tassels were torn off, and the tip's condition is anyone's guess. It is a tad different than most, so if the tip is okay, I'd think $50 -$70 is about right. If the tip is missing, torn or altered, then maybe $40 on a good day. In other words, Greg pretty much nailed it.

mrreality68 11-28-2022 04:26 AM

it looks nice and the blue POS.

Good Luck with it

ooo-ribay 11-28-2022 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2287943)
it looks nice and the blue POS.

It is a little rough….but I wouldn’t call it a POS. :eek:

thetahat 11-28-2022 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2287923)
I do not have that one, and agree that it's rare. But as we all eventually find out, rarity does not always equate to a high price.

I agree that it's quite generic in nature. The Yankees used this same logo forever, and it's appeared on countless pennants of theirs. Yes, many have subtle differences and there are variations. But Yankee/Pennant collectors don't seem to get too excited by any of these (based upon prices realized).

As for yours, it looks like the tassels were torn off, and the tip's condition is anyone's guess. It is a tad different than most, so if the tip is okay, I'd think $50 -$70 is about right. If the tip is missing, torn or altered, then maybe $40 on a good day. In other words, Greg pretty much nailed it.

That is strange how at least with pennants, the Yankees kinda fall flat. I’d expect it to be more like the Packers.