Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sending High value cards to PSA Insurance? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=328339)

whiteymet 12-01-2022 01:17 PM

Sending High value cards to PSA Insurance?

Hey All:

I am not one for submitting to PSA often.

Curious how one goes about sending a high value card, say for example a 52T Mantle one would expect a grade of 7 or so.

Sending in via USPS you can't get insurance high enough. According to the USPS website the highest insurance is for $50K via registered mail.

So how does one go about send high value cards to PSA and be insured?

Is Fed Ex or another commercial carrier better? Are their private secure transportation companies that will allow for higher insurance?

Anyone have experience with this? Appreciate any input

Peter_Spaeth 12-01-2022 01:26 PM

UPS has a subsidiary, or did, that goes up to 200K. But I would guess there are companies that for a fee will go much higher, people ship art, right?

jingram058 12-01-2022 01:28 PM

I believe jewelry stores and such use private courier services. I don't know the ins and outs of that. But my attorney brother in law used to own that sort of service in the Chicagoland area that he inherited from his father. I could ask if you so desire.

philliesfan 12-01-2022 02:53 PM

Personally, I would fly out and hand deliver it and pick it back up in person.
Bob

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-01-2022 03:25 PM

if you have a card of that value you should have your own insurance which can cover mailing.

Peter_Spaeth 12-01-2022 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 2289107)
if you have a card of that value you should have your own insurance which can cover mailing.

Such a policy with that kind of mailing limit for a single item would be pretty pricey, no?

hcv123 12-01-2022 04:59 PM

Do not use fedex or ups!!

They will take your $$, but only offer $1K limit on "collectibles" which is only in their fine print. Private insurance is worth looking into - CIS. Private courier sounds interesting, but I have nothing to add to that conversation. Hand delivery and pickup also an option. You are going to be paying a chunk of change to grade, what's a roundtrip airline ticket on top of it?

sb1 12-01-2022 05:04 PM

Registered Mail and sleep tight....It will get there

Peter_Spaeth 12-01-2022 05:11 PM

There's also the issue of return shipping. Does PSA have a declared value limit?

insidethewrapper 12-01-2022 06:40 PM

I would go Registered Mail also. But how is it returned to you ??

JollyElm 12-01-2022 06:57 PM

PWE, the only way to go.

notfast 12-01-2022 07:54 PM

Flight, hotel for a night or two.

whiteymet 12-01-2022 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philliesfan (Post 2289093)
Personally, I would fly out and hand deliver it and pick it back up in person.
Bob

Bob: I was told on another post that PSA does not allow "drop off" submissions. Does anyone know for sure if this is true?

Here is what Swarmee said:

Officially, they don't offer drop-off unless you're taking it to a card show like The National where they are bringing their slabbing machines. However, they did post on Twitter when they let Phil Hughes bring his cards in, but he's a player and internet celebrity, so it's not for the common folk.

And Raulus said:

I think they let Mike Trout drop off his cards too.

I am up for a flight and hotel for a few days if PSA will allow me delivery and pick up personally.

jh691626 12-01-2022 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2289178)
PWE, the only way to go.

Agree, PWE with an extra stamp.

raulus 12-01-2022 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteymet (Post 2289218)
Bob: I was told on another post that PSA does not allow "drop off" submissions. Does anyone know for sure if this is true?

Here is what Swarmee said:

Officially, they don't offer drop-off unless you're taking it to a card show like The National where they are bringing their slabbing machines. However, they did post on Twitter when they let Phil Hughes bring his cards in, but he's a player and internet celebrity, so it's not for the common folk.

And Raulus said:

I think they let Mike Trout drop off his cards too.

I am up for a flight and hotel for a few days if PSA will allow me delivery and pick up personally.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sportscards..._cards_to_psa/

I could be wrong, but I think being Trout has privileges that us mere mortals might not enjoy.